“WORST BREAKFAST” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
Ranked #43 of 67 hotels in Durham
Winston-Salem, NC
“WORST BREAKFAST”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

One of the worst breakfasts ever - better to have bagels juice and coffee. Egg thing was nasty and sausage had hard pieces in it - scary. and warm breakfast rolls looked good but were obviously from a package - oh well.
Hotel was just ok for the price - many others around are better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I spent 1 night at the Holiday Inn. The check-in staff was friendly, offering me water and popcorn and pointing out the manager's reception. The reception offered some chips and meatballs, beer and wine. There were also cookies available in the lobby. My room was clean and of a comfortable size. It included a small refridgerator and microwave. There were no problems with noise. Internet access worked fine. There is a small exercise room with bike, treadmill, and weights. The breakfast was typical for Holiday Inn Express, mostly a continental breakfast but also with biscuits and gravy, eggs, and pancakes. No hot chocolate was available though, only coffee and tea. The bed was OK, although I have slept in more comfortable beds in other hotels.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Very nice rooms with all amenities that a business traveler would need but the highlight was service I received from the staff.

My flight getting in was horribly delayed and I arrived at RTP airport at 3am (when I was actually supposed to arrive at 10pm but kept getting delayed). I had called up the hotel from my connecting airport earlier and then at 3 am from RDU - they arranged for a taxi and picked up the tab for the trip (short ride and even at that hour would have been ~$15 per the cab driver - but the action counts).

The next day, I realized that my co-worker (coming from another office location) and on whose name the shared rental car was going to be, also couldn't make it in, the previous night. When I asked the staffer at the front desk (different one from the previous night - I believe her name was Michelle) for a cab, she had the hotel shuttle drop me to the my RTP office location free of charge and offered to pick me up as well if I needed.

I was left completely speechless with the genuiness with which both the hotel front desk staffers (at 2 different times) helped...will definitely stay here again if I have the chance to return to this area...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Clinton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Got in from dinner about 9:00PM & the wife wanted to take a bath. Water was warm at best and not suitable for bathing. Desk clerk was going to move us to another room, but the water was the same there (checked two other rooms). She had no maintenance support so they moved us to the HIE over on Airport Blvd. It was not the Desk Clerk's fault but she did everything she could to resolve the situation. The ownership of this establishment needs to take responsibility for this and make sure the staff has adequate support for the physical plant of the building.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Telman11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our property; I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We appreciate all feedback and I will discuss your review with the Holiday Inn Express RTP's General Manager to improve this in the future.

I am glad to hear that the desk clerk promptly handled your situation and that you have given good ratings in terms of the value and service of your stay. Our staff is well-trained in assisting guests to the best of their ability.

Please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address listed below if you would like to discuss any of the issues regarding your stay.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
david.amick@dalyseven.com
Hollywood, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Staying here one night, as downtown Raliegh is sold out everywhere. As other reviews have stated, the customer service here is second to none, everyone is really amazing....I mean they truely treat you like you are family. Doug the shuttle driver went WAY out of his way to show me tons of restaurants. Then came back and picked me up. He is GREAT. All the other staff are just perfect. The only down side is that its a much older HIE if you are used to the newer ones due to constant travel like myself. Its clean and tidy, but by no means updated on the interior. Overall, the staff makes the place, no doubt.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
HIEXPRESS_RTP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. I am sp pleased that your enjoyed your stay and that my stff treated you right. I plan to print your comments and post for my staff to see.
We hope that in the future instead of staying in Raleigh, that you come and stay with us,.

Joyce Bealer, GM
eastern nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Clean, quiet, large well-designed room space, friendly staff, great breakfast buffet...what else could you ask for? Loved the separate desk / TV areas, sinks outside the bathroom, wireless. Could have stayed here for a month and gotten lots of work done. We were staying the night before a big basketball game in Chapel Hill, but I would recommend it to anyone. Very near NC's biggest mall, Southpoint.

• Liked — clean and quiet
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and I really like it. I have also stayed at some of the hotels within the 1-2 miles radius of Holiday Inn Express. I will say that I should have stopped searching when I first found this place. This hotel is all you need. I stayed there New Years Eve night with several of my friends. The staff that checked us in was great. The room is a good size room with a couch, fridge/microwave area, work desk, ironing board and nice size bathroom area. The only problem was that the bathroom sink did not drain properly but not a huge deal. The staff helped locate us a shuttle to the club we were going to. It was kinda hard to get back into the hotel at 3am though. They had a nice breakfast the next morning. Overall a very nice stay and good time with friends. We had 3 rooms booked and will probably be back soon!

• Liked — Good price
  • Disliked — Sink problems
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!