“No Hot Water” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
Ranked #43 of 67 hotels in Durham
Clinton, North Carolina
“No Hot Water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Got in from dinner about 9:00PM & the wife wanted to take a bath. Water was warm at best and not suitable for bathing. Desk clerk was going to move us to another room, but the water was the same there (checked two other rooms). She had no maintenance support so they moved us to the HIE over on Airport Blvd. It was not the Desk Clerk's fault but she did everything she could to resolve the situation. The ownership of this establishment needs to take responsibility for this and make sure the staff has adequate support for the physical plant of the building.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Telman11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our property; I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We appreciate all feedback and I will discuss your review with the Holiday Inn Express RTP's General Manager to improve this in the future.

I am glad to hear that the desk clerk promptly handled your situation and that you have given good ratings in terms of the value and service of your stay. Our staff is well-trained in assisting guests to the best of their ability.

Please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address listed below if you would like to discuss any of the issues regarding your stay.

David Amick
eCommerce Manager
david.amick@dalyseven.com

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hollywood, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Staying here one night, as downtown Raliegh is sold out everywhere. As other reviews have stated, the customer service here is second to none, everyone is really amazing....I mean they truely treat you like you are family. Doug the shuttle driver went WAY out of his way to show me tons of restaurants. Then came back and picked me up. He is GREAT. All the other staff are just perfect. The only down side is that its a much older HIE if you are used to the newer ones due to constant travel like myself. Its clean and tidy, but by no means updated on the interior. Overall, the staff makes the place, no doubt.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
HIEXPRESS_RTP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. I am sp pleased that your enjoyed your stay and that my stff treated you right. I plan to print your comments and post for my staff to see.
We hope that in the future instead of staying in Raleigh, that you come and stay with us,.

Joyce Bealer, GM
eastern nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Clean, quiet, large well-designed room space, friendly staff, great breakfast buffet...what else could you ask for? Loved the separate desk / TV areas, sinks outside the bathroom, wireless. Could have stayed here for a month and gotten lots of work done. We were staying the night before a big basketball game in Chapel Hill, but I would recommend it to anyone. Very near NC's biggest mall, Southpoint.

• Liked — clean and quiet
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and I really like it. I have also stayed at some of the hotels within the 1-2 miles radius of Holiday Inn Express. I will say that I should have stopped searching when I first found this place. This hotel is all you need. I stayed there New Years Eve night with several of my friends. The staff that checked us in was great. The room is a good size room with a couch, fridge/microwave area, work desk, ironing board and nice size bathroom area. The only problem was that the bathroom sink did not drain properly but not a huge deal. The staff helped locate us a shuttle to the club we were going to. It was kinda hard to get back into the hotel at 3am though. They had a nice breakfast the next morning. Overall a very nice stay and good time with friends. We had 3 rooms booked and will probably be back soon!

• Liked — Good price
  • Disliked — Sink problems
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

This is one of the newer HIE's, which I try to use when I can find them. The rooms are nice, fairly large, and have all the extras that I find so annoying when a hotel doesn't have - like there's always a full length mirror, a hairdryer, iron/ironing board, refrigerator, free wireless, nice bedding and towels. They have the standard HIE breakfast, and there's a basic workout room (no elliptical, but does have a bike and treadmill.) It was very convenient for work, but no restaurants close by - you need a rental car. A few miles over at Briar Creek, there are several good spots to eat and a target for picking up some bottled water and extras. I was quite satisfied with this hotel because I know exactly what I'm going to get with a HIE. Its a good price, middle of the road quality - nothing special, but everything I need for business.

• Liked — standard HIE
  • Disliked — distance from restaurants
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Rochester, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

This hotel was nice. It was simple, clean, close to my work location, and even had a shuttle to take you where you needed to go. All Holiday Inn Express hotels that I have visited have the best cinnamon rolls ever (although these kinda pushed it because they were over-cooked both days I ate breakfast there). They also have eggs and either bacon or sausage (and of course juice and coffee) to complete the meal.

The hotel staff was very helpful while I was there. Check-in was a breeze, the Tue/Wed Manager's Reception (free beer/wine appetizers) is awesome as well.

Problem (1) : Called the hotel shuttle from the airport by using one of those big boards, requested the shuttle, and 30 mins later no shuttle. So I called the hotel on my cell phone and they said they never heard anything about a shuttle request. 20 mins later shuttle comes, guy is apologetic.

Problem (2): There is nothing around this hotel in walking distance and no access to any store or food at the hotel other than vending machines which worked about 75% of the time. Also, most of the restaurants in the area (if you do have a car) close around 7pm so you had better not have a late working night if you want dinner and don't want to drive a decent distance.

Ping Pong chinese restaurant delivers and is GOOD!!!

• Liked — Tue/Wed Manager's Reception
  • Disliked — Location for dining purposes and no little store on-site to grab things.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

This is an excellent hotel for business travel in the moderate category. Spotless rooms,spacious with comfy bed, friendly staff and good no-frills breakfast. Also has free internet access.

Good location for RTP and Southpoint Mall is only a 5 min drive.

• Liked — spacious, clean
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!