“Just like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, NC

Save Saved
You added Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, NC to your Saves list
Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, NC
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1818 E NC Hwy 54, Durham, NC 27713   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #35 of 67 hotels in Durham
“Just like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel and I will surely return here on my next trip to RTP. The staff went above and beyond to make me feel right at home. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012
Jonathan A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, NC, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were traveling with our dog, for the first time and visiting our family nearby. The hotel staff was so accommodating and welcoming to us AND to our dog. A great dog walk, bags provided for cleanup and easy access out to the grounds. Thank you.

Room Tip: The queen suite was spacious and my husband loved the easy chair.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
A majority of our staff owns and loves dogs. We understand that they are family too. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

i am presently staying here and all staff are helpful.charlene sauveur of guest services goes beyond her duties..always pleasant.and good spirits.shes always hard at work thanks for making my stay comfortable!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. Charlene is a very hard working and we are glad to have her on the team. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Aiken, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After a horrible drive through torrential rain, then to find out that Hilton had shifted my reservations by one day causing me to loose the entire reservation, I was so very happy to discover the Candlewood Suites. At first glance, the entrance is simple with a check-in counter like you would find at a cut rate motel. But then I got to my room to find a spacious room with full kitchenette. The air conditioner was a champ as it turned the room into an icebox at my command (love that being an Iowa boy) yet would quickly warm the room back up when I wanted to be snug for the night. The dishes were all included and were plenty for two people with a full size refridgerator, microwave, and stove top. I get into suites now and then and this one was in super shape. The carpet was a bit off and maybe because of the pet friendly part of this hotel. But the room was really clean otherwise and the bed was very comfortable.
For food and dining (and gasoline), these all (including a full size grocer, Food lion) are right down the street with easy access and I was only minutes away from my meeting in generally moderate traffic.
In any case, this place is much much better than the Hilton Garden Inn (where I lost my reservation at) could have given me. I heard later from others of problems they had at this Hilton, but that is another review in the making.
I will stay here again for sure no matter where my meeting is in the research triangle park area and even just as I am driving acrossed country as this hotel is easy access off of I-40

Room Tip: Check your credit card when you return home. But if there is a mistake, do not panik as the hotel st...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this location for business in RTP. Upon checkin, the front staff seemed overwhelmed with the people trying to check in. At bedtime, I noticed there was an insect or bug. I got the counter person to come in and see what it was. They couldn't confirm. The next day, the General Manager told me that it was bedbugs and that he apologized. Totally unacceptable and won't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jonathan A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, NC, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
John,
I do apologize for your concerns during your stay. Upon your check out we inspected the room and did not see any signs of bed bugs. However, as a precaution we did have the room treated. This is an involved method of heating the room as well as spraying the room. Once completed we did place bed bug detectors in the room for several days and no bed bugs were detected.
I also apologize for the check in process. We do strive to check all of our guest as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We strive for every guest to have a pleasurable experience when staying with us. I do apologize you did not receive that while you were here.
I would greatly appreciate you giving us another opportunity next time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me directly at 919-484-9922
Sincerely
Jonathan Allard
Grand Junction, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times and each time the wrinkles appear more and more. We were a late arrival and while the front desk people were friendly and helpful, the room was not much above a old roadside motel. Other rooms may have been better but in room 209: The AC worked intermittently, the shower head was barely functional, the cable TV fuzzy except for the moment just after you turned it on or were just turning it off. The walls and floors are insulated extremely well either. Thankfully we were just there to sleep and move on. I'll find a new place to stay in Durham next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, NC, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear trisporter717,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are happy to hear that our staff was helpful during your stay. I apologize that you had some items in your room that were not working. Your comments will be looked into. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Knew me by name from the first day. Convenient location. Close to I40.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Research Triangle Park / Durham, NC? Share your experiences!