“Spectacular” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've been trying to find the best burger in the triangle & I finally found it! The burger was so fresh & juicy. I had the Texan which is a burger topped with housemade brisket, pepper jack cheese, an onion ring, jalapeños & a spicy mayo. It was pure deliciousness! Also had fried pickle chips, best I've ever had! Staff is very friendly & place is clean. Can't wait to go back

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Did not disappoint ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was one of those times I read an online review and said "surely it can't be that good". Trust me, I'm a foody and it was rediculously good!! Get the onion rings! Also loved the fried green tomato burger. And they had Birch Beer. Felt like I was back in Jersey. So good!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Authentic ,original and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

If you like fresh made, no frozen but really fresh made food, this is one of those few places hard to find, small but clean and friendly , excellent service and lied I said, FRESH cook food,I had the Texan and onion rings, the meat was real juicy and the brisket just delicious , onion rings crispy and really tasty, you have to try the fresh made ice cream cookies, I had the chocolate chip with banana ice cream with peanut butter Reese's , you will be in heaven , if you are in durham, this is a must place to eat.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wake Forest, Nc
“Really great burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

If you want a really good burger, juicy, cooked the way you want it (medium rare for me and that is hard to get in NC), this is a great place. Beef is nicely flavored and you can order it many ways but I have found that topped with classically with cheese is great. Fries are hand cut and fairly good but would prefer no pepper, just salt, and the fat could be more fresh. Onion rings were not good and had a slight "off" flavor from the frying fat. But the burger makes it worth repeat trips (which we do).

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Under-impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The Only Burger has received a lot of great press and reviews so my wife and I had to check out the place. The burgers are Only OK, a long list of add-ons, but price to quality, the ratio doesn't work.

Limited seating, stand up ordering, little service. Sorry, this was our last trip.

Visited November 2013