You added SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
Ranked #28 of 69 Hotels in Durham
Richmond, Virginia
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is my nighttime office/quarters while I spend 4 days/week at my client. The staff is extremely friendly and is willing to do almost everything I have requested. Rooms are clean, internet is adequate, and bed is comfortable. The issues I have had have been addressed and corrected immediately.

Stayed July 2014
JimW566, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Ecstatic to hear “Home away from Home” at the SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport Hotel.
Thank you so much for sharing your recent review of the hotel. It's great information to be shared for all guests that are traveling to the Raleigh-Durham area. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the extremely friendly staff, clean room, internet and bedding accommodations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Raleigh-Durham area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for a few nights while in town for a wedding. I was able to use some Marriott points so it worked out well.
Room size and layout worked out well for us. However, parts of the room seemed really clean while other parts seemed not as clean which was kind of strange. There was a weird small stain on the bathroom door that we weren't sure if it was blood, nail polish, or something else. Tub seemed dirty when I went give our kids a bath as well. I typically overlook small items but these jumped out to us.
Breakfast buffet was pretty good but a little limited on selection. Had better at other locations. It served its purpose though.
Service was also hit or miss. Sometimes there was nobody in sight at the front desk, sometimes they were there and very friendly and helpful, and other times they were there but not attentive to guests.
Overall it wasn't a bad stay but not a great stay. It's the type of hotel we'd stay at again if the rate was good or if we had points to use.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Miriam S, Events Specialist at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for giving us valuable feedback about your stay. We will follow up with Housekeeping, the Front Desk, and our Breakfast Attendant to see what opportunities were missed. We want all of our guests to feel that our hotel is a home away from home. We hope that you would stay with us again when you are back in town.
Burnsville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed here almost every week for the better part of 2 years on business. I really enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were clean. The hotel is close to the Raleigh-Durham airport. The pricing was reasonable and they had a breakfast buffet in the mornings. The staff was very friendly. I really enjoyed talking with Kim, one of the managers there, made me really feel at home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
JimW566, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent review of the hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stays at hotel over the years while visiting the Raleigh-Durham area. Your great comments about cleanliness of the rooms, friendly staff and manager will be shared with the team at the hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I called for a pick-up at the airport after 11:00 p.m. I was told that the shuttle would take too long and they didn't want me to wait that long. I was directed to take any taxi and they would pay for it upon arrival at the hotel. At the hotel, the taxi driver was paid and they quickly completed the registration process. As I was leaving the hotel the next morning, I asked if they still had hot water available and the attendant said yes and then handed me 2 tea bags for later. She remembered that I had tea with breakfast. On the shuttle back to the airport, I told the driver that she could drop me at any airline stop because I was just going to catch the shuttle to the rental car pick-up. She said that she would take me to the rental car pick-up to save me time! I was very positively impressed with the service and the room was clean, quiet and everything was in working order. I will definitely stay again if I am in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Miriam S, Events Specialist at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit! Our Front Desk and Transportation Associates will be happy to hear they were able to save you so much time during your trip. Our Housekeeping and Engineering Departments will also enjoy reading what you had to say in your review. If you will be in the area again, please come back and choose our hotel!
Noida, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Hotel is very close to the airport and my office. I called them to ask for a shuttle to pick me up from the Airport and they asked me to call once my baggage. Once I called post collecting my baggage, they told me to wait fo rthe shuttle at the designated point. The shuttle did arrive after around 15 minutes and I arrived at the hotel in around 5-10 minutes.

Checkin was close and I had a room on the rear. The rear rooms do face a freeway and though I did not have any issues related to the noise, some people may want to avoid it.

They do have a washing machine - but only 1, but there was no queque to use it. But considering that atleast a few of us may be travelling on long tours, I think they should add atleast one.

Over the 3 days I stayed there, I had a number of requests and queries and always recieved complete and satisfactory answers.

The shuttle is great and can offer a great alternative to having a car, in case you don't have to travel too far or stay too long.

Rooms were of decent size, though the office is right next to the refrigerator which made a lot of noise.

There is a small swimming pool and a fitness centre, which I did not use.

Breakfast was adequate, but closes sharp a. For food you had a number of choices you can order from and they even offer you to drop you in the shuttle to places nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for all the positive comments about our hotel! I will share them with our staff and our General Manager. We love to hear that our efforts were helpful to our guests.
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a newer property with the standard Springhill Suites design. The rooms are nice size for the price, are clean and modern. Breakfast is of the standard "free" variety. It is located in an office park setting and is relatively easy to get on and off the freeway. Staff was friendly. Pretty much what you would expect with this category of property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Miriam S, Property Coordinator at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We are glad you liked the price, cleanliness, location, and cheerful attitude of our staff. We would love for you to come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Have a great day and safe travels!
Eastern Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

A fairly normal Springhill Suites. Not any better and not any worse than the many Springhill Suites I've stayed at. What I'm warning you about is room 106. This is my room at this hotel. There is a room right next to it that has a keypad lock and a sign that says "Associates Only". The noise stawrted about 3:30am and continued on and off until my alarm went off at 6:30am. Pounding on the wall. Hammering. Stuff being moved around. At one point I jumped up from a deep sleep thinking someone was pounding on my door. It was someone in that room pounding on the adjoining wall.

Room Tip: avoid room 106!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
JimW566, Manager at SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to provide feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that we let you down during your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on service excellence and it was disappointing that we did not provide the service that you have come to expect with our brand.The noise caused by the staff member was corrected immediately! I truly appreciate your feedback as it will help our management team continue to improve and strive towards providing great service every stay. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team members so we can look for further opportunity and to address the specific feedback you provided

Been to SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park

Address: 920 Slater Road, Durham, NC 27703
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#16 Romantic Hotel in Durham
#21 Business Hotel in Durham
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park 3*
Visit SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park located between Raleigh, Durham, Morrisville, Chapel Hill, and Cary, in North Carolina. Our suites feature separate living, sleeping and working areas with complimentary high-speed internet, mini-fridge, microwave oven and coffee maker. Unwind in our indoor pool or fitness center. Enjoy complimentary new hot and healthy breakfast options before you start your day! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Durham

If you own or manage SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.