“Excellent Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The service at this hotel is great! Very friendly staff-- consistently friendly too! The gym is great, pool is great, food is great and beds are comfortable. I love staying at this hotel because I usually can get a good price and I know I can count on the staff members to go the extra mile to make sure my check in and experience is great!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Ivy R,

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear you love our hotel. I will share your comments with the team. We have the friendliest staff in town. They truly care about our guests and go out of their way to make the stay great. We look forward to your next visit.

Bill C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked this hotel based upon the website, when we arrived it was apparent that they were understaffed, no bell service or valet. The room had upgraded furniture but was too large for the original room so you couldn't get the luggage cart into the room. The room itself had environmental issues (possibly mold or material breakdown) and we couldn't sleep due to this. It is obvious that the property is not doing well financially, old linens with wear and holes, toilet paper that comes off one sheet at a time and carpet stains. When I spoke to the desk clerk she said she would let the GM know.....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, without honest feedback we can not improve. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. You are correct in we do not have valet parking, however we do have bell service handled by the front desk. Bell carts do fit in the rooms, tight fit, however it is not encouraged to bring them in the rooms, our staff is willing and available to assist with luggage. Upon your departure I was notified about your concerns with the room. I personally inspected the room myself yesterday and today and did not discover any environmental issues as you described or any carpet stains. I am truly sorry you were not pleased with the room. I will share your comments with the team so we can improve going forward.

Fayetteville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently stayed during a business trip and loved it. By far, the customer service is excellent and from the past reviews, this is one of the most consistent factors about the hotel. Amenities were overall very good and particularly, I enjoyed the size of the indoor pool, the downstairs and upstairs lounge areas, and the grounds were lovely, serene, and nestled in a very quiet residential area. Hotel is also very close to other restaurants and shopping. Rooms are quiet and the bed slept well. Breakfast was great and was presented well. The Executive Lounge/Dining room was slightly disappointing, as I was expecting a true lounge area to relax, have wine, and access to beverages as I've seen in other executive lounges but this was nothing too major and perhaps, there is more activity during the weekday. Other reviewers have commented that the hotel seems older and could use updating, however, I found the updates very nice, warm, welcoming, and the hotel encompasses a sense of charm that I absolutely loved. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a wooded view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have the cleaniest and friendliest hotel in town. We are ranked in the top 10 for overall guest satisfaction compared to all full service Marriott hotels in the Americas. Later this year we are remodeling our executive lounge. Once completed it will be modern with all the amenities you would come to expect. I completely agree with your comment about our updates. We are an older hotel but have kept it modern and up to date over the years, it is cozy. We look forward to your next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

For an older Marriott property was well renovated and tip top condition.

The staff here takes the cake for kindness, attentiveness and just all round being pros at what they do. Compared to my last stay with Sheraton West Des Moines, they were the complete opposite. This is what turns an SPG Platinum to Marriott, not the goofy red carpet they put in my room.

Rooms were very nice however and slept well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Manny,

Thank you for your feedback. As you experienced we have the friendliest staff in town. They truly care about our guests and it shows. We don't roll out the red carpet for everyone. We were trying to make you feel special. We look forward to your next visit.

Owings Mills Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I traveled with a friend for a Christians conference to this hotel last month. We drove over night and arrived super early in the morning. The Front Office manager (sorry i forgot his name) was absolutely wonderful and accommodating. He allowed us an early check in and we were so appreciative as our eyes were beyond heavy. when we got to the rooms it was clean and fresh, the room had a huge desk which was great, and a decent sized bathroom. There weren't any really nice views it seemed but that's not a big deal. The conference was great, the banquet staff was very attentive, the front desk was superb, I didn't use housekeeping but considering the manner in which I walked into my room I would consider them awesome as well.

Now for the beds - If I could've stuff the entire bed and linen in my truck to bring back home I would have. Had to have been the best best I have slept on EVER.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear the staff went out of there way to make you feel at home and get you checked in early. We have the best Front Office Manager in town. He has been her for 7 years and really goes out of his way to please our guests. Cleanliness is also a top priority here. We feel we have the cleanest and friendliest hotel in town. We are ranked in the top 10 for overall guest satisfaction compared to all full seervice Marriott hotels in the Americas. Our banquet staff is also superb, as you experienced and we recieve positive comments all the time. The beds are among the best in the business. They can be purchased for home through Marriott.com. Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Blacksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel has a free shuttle and can get to/from RDU Airport in less than 1o minutes. The hotel property is in the midst of the Research Triangle Park and there is noplace nearby to walk to for food or recreation.

That being said, you can take the free shuttle to the RDU Airport and from there get the 100 bus to downtown Raleigh or NC State University. The whole area is tied together nicely with bus transit, so you can get to Durham, Chapel Hill, or Raleigh cheaply by bus. There is a day pass for $4.00, so getting around is inexpensive.

The hotel itself is a typical Marriott. The beds are comfortable, the staff is friendly. There is a restaurant, bar, and concierge lounge.

The main attraction when I stayed here for the US Open was the reasonable rate for my room. It is an airport hotel, so you are not staying here presumably because you are flying in or out of the RDU Airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your feedback. We are conveniently located 5 miles from the airport with shuttle service. We are also located right off I40 and close to 540 making our hotel a perfect central location close to all the major attractions. As you mentioned the staff is friendly, we feel the friendliest in town. We are in the top 10 compared to all full service Marriott hotels in the Americas for overall guest satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit.

Watertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here two days for work and two days for play and every single person I interacted with on staff, from the shuttle driver to the engineer who helped me in the gym to the waitress in the restaurant was amazing. No request was a burden, no question flummoxed them. It's a bit of an older property but very well maintained. The location is great for the airport and the RTP area, and there are a bunch of great restaurants around. They have a print out of restaurants in the area that they gave me a copy of and it was very helpful.
I've stayed at Marriotts all over, and I've never had such wonderful service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We have the friendliest staff in town. They really do go out of there way to make our guests feel at home. We are ranked in the top 10 for overall guest satisfaction compared to all Marriott full service hotels in the Americas. We are close to I40, 540 and of course the airport. There are many great restaurants close by as well as our restaurant Newton's, not your average hotel food. We look forward to your next visit.

Bill

Been to Marriott at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!