“Excellent RTP Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Kansas City
“Excellent RTP Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I come to RTP several times a year and I have finally found the hotel I will always use there. Service is impeccable... The lobby is sleek, and not so giant that you can navigate and move around easily. I need to note that Newton's, the in-house fine dining, is absolutely excellent with a diverse menu. The bar has a great atmosphere too. All staff I have encountered were extremely good. The shuttle service is seemless and friendly and efficient. The property is extremely close to the airport but it is nestled back in a peaceful wooded area. I have stayed at a few places in Raleigh Durham.... this one stands out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bill C, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your comments. It is wonderful to hear you had such a good stay with us. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Bill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a nice, clean, well-run hotel with a friendly staff and convenient location. My only disappointment is in the constant rumble and noise coming from below my room on a conceirge floor. If there was work being performed in the hotel, the staff should have notified guests of this in advance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for you comments about our staff, we pride ourselves on having friendly staff. Please accept my apologies for the noise. We have recently made some repairs to our elevators that has eliminated this. I look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Bill
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stay at this hotel everytime that I am in town for business. The hotel is ALWAYS clean, Im always greeted with a courteous and genuine smile. I always feel like this is my home away from home when I am here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Elijah,

I was delighted to read your review this morning and wanted to sincerely thank you choosing to stay with us each time you visit for business. I know each of our team members want this to feel like your home away from home and we will do our best to go above and beyond to ensure you have a productive and wonderful experience. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We know we will see you soon and look forward to thanking you in person! Have a wonderful New Year and again, thank you for making us your home away from home.

Always at Your Service,

Maria
Minneapolis based but airborne often
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This property was recommended to me by my client and I have stayed there 10 times in the past 8 months ... before switching to another hotel in the area. My observations are as follows:

1) this hotel appears to working at minimum staff levels in all departments - there is rarely more than one bellman, one front desk agent, one waiter, and so forth on at any time. The impact on service is not necessarily severe, however, you can also tell that there isn't any slack in customer service interactions. Phone take longer to get answered for room service or at the front desk, room service is just a bit slower, even with a buffet breakfast, finding wait staff to organize your bill and such all takes just enough longer that you notice it and that you would typically expect of a hotel that caters to business people on the move.

2) front desk staff is pleasant and generally helpful - nothing special, but nothing negative either

3) bell staff - wow, what miserable attitudes. One guy NEVER smiles, NEVER talks, NEVER makes contact of any kind with you when picking you up from the airport or dropping you in RTP. Another is a pissed-off NASCAR driver - again, no conversation, no greeting, no nothing except to lurch furiously from one corner to the next ... talk about "driving angry"! These guys need an attitude adjustment ...

4) rooms are "close" - clearly this hotel was a make-over from some other owner previously and the rooms are adequate, but nothing spacious to be sure. You will need to be prepared for some gymnastics in the bathroom, however - hard to get the door closed when you're occupying the space between the tub, the commode and the sink.

5) Wifi is generally okay, but can be slow on occasions

6) TV channels are restricted - only those Marriott thinks you should watch.

7) Property is near to the airport and near to RTP - all upsides if you're in a hurry.

Again, this hotel simply feels "tired" - the rooms feel tired, the staff appears tired, the food is tired ... and while there's nothing particularly wrong or bad with this property, it's not an uplifting or particularly positive experience staying here either. Would I use this Marriott again if I needed to ... yes, but it's not my first choice by far.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear ChangeDoc,

Thank you for submitting your review. I, along with our team, were completely taken aback by your review of your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure every guest has an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations.

As a Marriott, I want to ensure we have the most engaged team members here to serve our guests at all times. We offer amenities such as the shuttle, the restaurant to be a great benefit for our guests. However, we did not impress and several of our team have already gotten together to discuss.

I sincerely value your feedback and would ask you please contact me directly to discuss your stay, so that I may get the details so I can handle these situations and address with individuals that you encountered so that we personally discuss this review. This is not up to my standards as a General Manager or as a Marriott.

I thank you for your feedback and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.

Always at your Service,
Durham, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had a group of my in laws come into town for the first time and i wanted to impress them so i booked a couple rooms at this Marriott. The front desk was extremely helpful and even gave them top floor rooms that had a better view. The reason i titled my review " Exactly what I expected" is because the Marriott consistently delivers quality lodging every time and this experience was no different. I've been a loyal Marriott visitor for the past 4yrs and they never fail. The staff was extremely helpful and polite. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend and/or stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the pleasure of hosting your family during their visit. Being a Marriott, you can always trust that we will host your guests brilliantly. We want to make them feel at home and always be sure they have a memorable stay while they are with us. I know our entire team is very passionate about serving our guests and I am so pleased they had a wonderful stay.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and to our hotel over the past four years. Thank you for sharing your families experience while with us as well. I hope to see everyone back during their next trip to the RTP area!

Happy Holidays and Best Wishes,
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'v stayed at the Marriott here quite a few times. Each time the staff has been excellent. Not being from the area I have been given great suggestions for food and entertainment.The hotel is the perfect location to be able to get around without any problems. The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable beds.The staff really makes you feel right at home. This is the only place i will stay when i come to RTP NC.

Room Tip: I always choose the rooms at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott RTP and for sharing your experience. Thank you for your loyalty and always returning to stay with us. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your patronage. I am thrilled that each time you have a wonderful stay. Traveling can be difficult and we sincerely want our guests to feel like they are at their home away from home while with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as well.

Thank you again for always staying with us and we will see you soon during your next stay with us to the RTP area!

Warm Regards,
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this property recently and had an excellent time. Conveniently located to Durham and Chapel Hill. The hot tub was excellent too as I used it to help my back heal from an injury. Laronte, the front desk manager, was of great service. Will stay again when I come back to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Nat49UNC,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review on your recent stay with us at Marriott RTP. As a Marriott, we always want to be sure that we go above and beyond in every aspect of the guests stay. I am thrilled that our Front Office Manager, LaRonte, was a true example of our spirit to serve our guests. He is fantastic and I will be sure he is recognized.

Thank you again for sharing and hope to see you soon during your next visit to the RTP area!

Best Wishes,

Been to Marriott at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!