“Worn out ... physically and metaphysically”
This property was recommended to me by my client and I have stayed there 10 times in the past 8 months ... before switching to another hotel in the area. My observations are as follows:
1) this hotel appears to working at minimum staff levels in all departments - there is rarely more than one bellman, one front desk agent, one waiter, and so forth on at any time. The impact on service is not necessarily severe, however, you can also tell that there isn't any slack in customer service interactions. Phone take longer to get answered for room service or at the front desk, room service is just a bit slower, even with a buffet breakfast, finding wait staff to organize your bill and such all takes just enough longer that you notice it and that you would typically expect of a hotel that caters to business people on the move.
2) front desk staff is pleasant and generally helpful - nothing special, but nothing negative either
3) bell staff - wow, what miserable attitudes. One guy NEVER smiles, NEVER talks, NEVER makes contact of any kind with you when picking you up from the airport or dropping you in RTP. Another is a pissed-off NASCAR driver - again, no conversation, no greeting, no nothing except to lurch furiously from one corner to the next ... talk about "driving angry"! These guys need an attitude adjustment ...
4) rooms are "close" - clearly this hotel was a make-over from some other owner previously and the rooms are adequate, but nothing spacious to be sure. You will need to be prepared for some gymnastics in the bathroom, however - hard to get the door closed when you're occupying the space between the tub, the commode and the sink.
5) Wifi is generally okay, but can be slow on occasions
6) TV channels are restricted - only those Marriott thinks you should watch.
7) Property is near to the airport and near to RTP - all upsides if you're in a hurry.
Again, this hotel simply feels "tired" - the rooms feel tired, the staff appears tired, the food is tired ... and while there's nothing particularly wrong or bad with this property, it's not an uplifting or particularly positive experience staying here either. Would I use this Marriott again if I needed to ... yes, but it's not my first choice by far.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
November 21, 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for submitting your review. I, along with our team, were completely taken aback by your review of your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure every guest has an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations.
As a Marriott, I want to ensure we have the most engaged team members here to serve our guests at all times. We offer amenities such as the shuttle, the restaurant to be a great benefit for our guests. However, we did not impress and several of our team have already gotten together to discuss.
I sincerely value your feedback and would ask you please contact me directly to discuss your stay, so that I may get the details so I can handle these situations and address with individuals that you encountered so that we personally discuss this review. This is not up to my standards as a General Manager or as a Marriott.
I thank you for your feedback and I do look forward to hearing from you soon.
Always at your Service,
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.