“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Miami Beach, Florida
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'v stayed at the Marriott here quite a few times. Each time the staff has been excellent. Not being from the area I have been given great suggestions for food and entertainment.The hotel is the perfect location to be able to get around without any problems. The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable beds.The staff really makes you feel right at home. This is the only place i will stay when i come to RTP NC.

Room Tip: I always choose the rooms at the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott RTP and for sharing your experience. Thank you for your loyalty and always returning to stay with us. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your patronage. I am thrilled that each time you have a wonderful stay. Traveling can be difficult and we sincerely want our guests to feel like they are at their home away from home while with us. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as well.

Thank you again for always staying with us and we will see you soon during your next stay with us to the RTP area!

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this property recently and had an excellent time. Conveniently located to Durham and Chapel Hill. The hot tub was excellent too as I used it to help my back heal from an injury. Laronte, the front desk manager, was of great service. Will stay again when I come back to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Nat49UNC,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your review on your recent stay with us at Marriott RTP. As a Marriott, we always want to be sure that we go above and beyond in every aspect of the guests stay. I am thrilled that our Front Office Manager, LaRonte, was a true example of our spirit to serve our guests. He is fantastic and I will be sure he is recognized.

Thank you again for sharing and hope to see you soon during your next visit to the RTP area!

Best Wishes,
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My group used the facility in September for a weekend. The staff was exceptionally friendly. The rooms were immaculate and the design was great. This experience was so great that I will use the Marriott as my hotel for every trip that I take. The sales staff professional and all of the requests that we made were on point. They worked with us from day one to ensure that our stay went well. The Marriott Research Triangle Park is the hotel experience I have ever had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience not only about your stay but your event experience at our hotel. I am delighted that you were impressed with the Marriott RTP and that our team really went above and beyond to ensure you had a great first experience with Marriott.

I will be sure to recognize our sales team as well as the housekeeping team for their great service and spotless accommodations. They will be thrilled with your comments as well.

Thank you again for choosing the Marriott RTP. We hope to see when you return to the RTP area.

Kind Regards,
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My stay at the Marriot at Research Triangle Park was GREAT! I'm very picky about hotels, but the front office staff went above and beyond to make me comfortable and make sure my stay was high priority. I highly reccommend it to anyone looking for a great stay in the Reasearch Triangle Park area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kendra S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us at the Marriott RTP. I am so happy that you were impressed with our customer service. I will be sure that the team, especially the front office team is recognized for going above and beyond. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and I hope to see you back soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I don't usually stay at Marriott properties and now I know I'm not missing anything. I booked my recent stay through Priceline but after getting into my room I instantly had buyer's remorse and wish I would have stayed at a Hampton Inn.

The room was clean and all of the staff was courteous. I was instantly annoyed when I discovered that the internet is $10 extra. I can't recall any time in the past five years when I have had to pay extra for internet. The hotel has a concierge room for reward members where they serve snacks in the evening. Don't get excited because beer is $5 plus gratuity and the food was cold and bland.

Hampton Inn offers up snacks in the evening with adult beverages, breakfast in the morning, and free Internet.

• Stayed November 2012
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Jstaff83,

Thank you for trying the Marriott at Research Triangle Park during your stay. I apologize that you did not see the value as you see in other hotels. Marriott hotels are quited different from Hampton Inns, being they are a full service hotel. Each brand is different and have different amenities and standards; such as the internet. As a Marriott, we follow brand standard requirements. I know Hampton provides a good value and as well and it is dependant on the customer's preference and experience they are looking for. I am a little concerned about the comments you made in regards to the concierge. It is one our most popular and most complimented on selection of items. We do many things to keep it creative and ever-changing for our Elite Members. It sounds as if we gave you an upgrade if you had access, so I am glad you were able to experience this and I would like to discuss further any of your suggestions. Please contact me directly to discuss. It is important we get as much feedback as possible and it only helps us improve.

Thank you for trying the Marriott brand. I am happy to read that the hotel was clean and our team had great customer service. Again, I thank you for trying our hotel.

Best Wishes,
Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Marriot, despite its excellent international locations, does not move beyond a typical airport-proximity hotel. It's clean, and the staff are generally helpful. For a "business traveler" hotel, it's business center is outdated and poor. It uses software from the early 2000's and is essentially not functional. I had to email a travel document to the desk attendant because it would not print in the business center. The rooms were clean, and the bed was fine.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Phil,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and staying them all over the world. I can only imagine how many beautiful unique Marriott's that you have stayed in. Thank you for your feedback regarding out software. I apologize that you had an issue printing in our business center. I will follow up with our IT department to see what we can do, so our guests will not experience that issue. I appreciate you letting me know.

I am happy to read that you were pleased with the hotel cleanliness and our service. We want to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad we did on most levels. My commitment is to work on any areas that any guest mentions. We could not improve or change without our guest’s feedback, so again, thank you so much for your review.

Thank you again for your loyalty to Marriott and for your feedback!

Kind Regards,
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The location of the hotel was perfect and central to our destinations. The hotel atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. Staff are very courteous and helpful. Rooms are clean and the fitness center offerings allow you the ability to get a good workout in. Shower and hot water are amazing at this hotel!

Overall great stay...very minor complaint is the dirty wall by the mirror and tv. It looks like someone spilled their coffee down the wall.

Would definitely stay their again.

• Stayed September 2012
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Vacation_LoversNJ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for anything that may have appeared as a stain on the wall. If you would please contact me directly with your room number that you stayed in, I will check to see that it is taken care of. If it is coffee, it should be long gone by now but it is important that I know the room number so I can follow up right away or get engineering in the room to touch up the paint if it is a scuff mark. Thank you for letting me know.

I am so pleased that overall you had a great stay and the service and staff you encountered exceeded your expectations. I am glad that you were able to utilize our fitness center. With brand new equipment, they machines are remarkable!

Thank you for your recommendation and for also commenting you would stay with us when you return. I look forward to your next stay!

Thank you for taking the time to review and for staying with us.

Warm Regards,

Been to Marriott at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!