“Perfect end to my short business trip...” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #10 of 69 Hotels in Durham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Perfect end to my short business trip...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I had a very early morning flight in and out the following day with meetings sandwhiched in between and my stay here was exactly what I needed. Friendly staff, a very clean room and a good meal made this a very pleasent experience. I've stayed in Marriotts for approx. 100 nights / year for the past 5 years and this place was top notch.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Dear Ryan,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience at our Marriott and at Marriott's overall. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to make our guests feel right at home, especially since there are many, just like you, which stay in hotels 100+ nights a year. It is our pleasure to be able to be here in any way that we can.

Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Marriott Brand. I sincerely appreciate your business and hope to see you back at our Marriott soon.

Happy New Year!

Best Wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed 4 nights on a business trip. Check in was a breeze. My room smelled like mildew. There was a nice size flat screen tv in the room which had a fuzzy picture. I figured out what angle to turn it to so the fuzziness went away. There is a nice selection of channels. The lounge area left alot to be desired. The bar was small and the tv was even smaller...don't plan to watch any sports there. Room service offered a $9.95 breakfast deal but the actual price was higher than advertised. The breakfast buffet wasn't much better. Save your money and drive to a nearby restaurant. Brier Creek shopping and restaurant area isn't too far away and worth trying. The gym area is decent: 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals, and weights. The property offers a free shuttle to and from the airport and other nearby restaurants. The first shuttle to the airport leaves at 5am. My flight left at 6:30am and I took the 5am shuttle and had plenty of time to check in, etc.

Room Tip: Avoid room 411...overlooks parking lot and above main entrance. Can be noisy when shuttle and other...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
Dear kswalston,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I apologize for any mishaps with your television. They are on the swivel stands and many times a cord may become loose causing fuzziness in the TV. Our engineering team can definitely take care of those quickly and I apologize that we did not catch that before your arrival. I am researching what special was advertised in room service for the price that you saw and I am very sorry for ay confusion this may have caused. You also noted that our breakfast buffet was not what you were expecting. If you would be willing to contact with any additional feedback on the offerings that may make our buffet better, I would love that. We have made several adjustments when guests tell us what they would like to see. As long as it stays within our Marriott Brand Standards we are more then willing to add. Feedback and suggestions only help us improve so if you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your review.

Lumberton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I have stayed at the Marriott RTP for almost 30 nights for business in the past year, and what sets the Marriott RTP apart is their focus on their guests and delivering the very best experience during a traveler's stay. The rooms, ambience and facilities are top-notch. What takes my stay to a higher level is their commitment to customer service. Every single Marriott RTP employee is warm, friendly, helpful and works hard at making you feel comfortable. I always have a great experience when I stay there.

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for your review and sharing your thoughts about our hotel. As one of our properties most loyal guests, I thank you so much for always returning. Thank you for sharing your comments about the team and the level of service they provide. I will be sure to share with everyone. I know each one of them genuinely cares about our guests and wants their stay with us to be fantastic. Although I am sure you travel more then you would like but I know the team really looks forward to our frequent guests; as they do become a part of our extended Marriott family.

Thank you so much again for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you back soon.

Warm Regards,
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

The Marriott at RTP continues to provide excellent customer service. I have stayed at this Marriott many times, and each stay has been superior to other properties in the area. The reception, restaurant and housekeeping personnel were professional and satisfied my needs. Although the fitness center is small, the treadmills, lifecycles, elliptical trainers and
free weights are more that adequate to get-in a moderate workout. In additon, it is an excellent location for visits to companies within the Research Triangle area, and it is just a few minutes from Southpoint Mall - restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Paul,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Marriott RTP! I am so happy that you had a great experience and shared this on Trip Advisor. We take great pride in making sure every guest leaves happy and that we do everything we can to make it enjoyable.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you on your next stay in RTP!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

This is the second time I visited the Marriott at RTP, and I wish I visited the RTP area more often as it is a superior Marriott. It is very clean and the staff is very attentive. The fitness area was clean and it was well stocked with towels, fruit and cereal bars. I will definitely retrun on my next visit to RTP.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Karin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and the amenities and service we provided. We want our guests to have the best experience during their stay, so we appreciate your feedback.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and we will see you again when you travel to the RTP area!

West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

i was very pleased with this Marriott at RTP. As a frequent traveler, I stay at a wide range of hotels and this property is in the top end of that range. I will certainly stay here the next time I am in the area.
Attention to detail is a key to service at any hotel, and this one "gets it." The service was excellent, the staff friendly and professional, the room was very nice, and the perq's for a frequent traveler were very nice. The room was very quiet dispite the location near an Interstate, and the bed was very comfortable. It was a very nice place to stay.
I was here with a conference, and found the meeting rooms to be very comfortable - especially the seating. The meeting rooms were noisy when the air kicked on, but other than that were great.
The management of this property should be complimented on a job well done!

Room Tip: The Concierge Level was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for your comments regarding the team and their level of service and the comfort and quality of your room and the meeting space. I am very proud of our team and I know they genuinely care about each and every guest; from Guest Services, Concierge, Banquets, Servers, Housekeeping, you name it and they will be sure each guest is happy. I will share your comments with the entire team.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the RTP area.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Best Wishes,
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This Marriott has a low-end feel compared to other locations. Lobby is nice with free citrus-infused water, a lounge and a restaurant. They are going for an art deco thing, but it ends up looking cold. I dined alone in the restaurant one night, surrounded by others dining alone. What a sad bunch of solo business travelers we appeared to be. The area is expansive and well-lit, adding to the cold feel. Restaurant food was ok, typical hotel choices and quality, but there are no other choices within walking distance. The one big plus is that there is an in-room coffee maker, which the housekeeper restocked daily (a lot of Marriotts seem to miss this step). There is free bottled water in the room, too. Front desk staff was helpful, restaurant staff was attentive, albeit not the best servers. No in-room safe, but there is a small refrigerator. The lobby includes a well-stocked pantry store with candy, nuts, sodas, medicine, sundry items, headphones, undershirts, pantyhose. I was impressed with the selection overall. Not a bad place to stay, but could use some warmth in the decor and sound proofing for first floor rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor... they carry lobby noise, ice machine sounds, elevator beeps, and a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maria M, General Manager at Marriott at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that you felt the hotel's decor felt "cold and expansive." In Marriott terms we call it our "Great Room." It was designed for solo travelers to have an open space to work, eat and drink, yet feel open for other travelers to work alone as well. Along with small groups which may travel together, which we have small tables and seating options. It is a newer concept in Marriott's. That is great feedback about the lighting; we recently added candle light on our tables in the lounge and installed dimmer switches in the restaurant for all wall sconces and chandlers for a more evening feel.

I am happy your enjoyed the in-room coffee and free bottled water. We try to add small touches that our travelers would enjoy.

Thank you again for your comments and please don’t hesitate to call me directly with any further feedback on your stay.

Warm regards,

Been to Marriott at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!