“A Surprisingly Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4810 Page Creek Lane, Durham, NC 27703 (Formerly Hilton Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Durham, North Carolina
“A Surprisingly Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Location: The hotel is located off the Page Rd. Exit of I-40 (Exit 281) which puts it about 4 miles from RDU, 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh and 15 minutes from Downtown Durham. It's on the same street as a Sleep Inn and a large Microsoft Office building. A few miles up Page Rd. are some restaurants and gas stations

Hotel: The hotel was first a Holiday Inn, then Hilton, now Doubletree. It's a little odd looking as it resembles a bit of a Southern mansion, but that was nice. There's a veranda out front with rocking chairs for instance. The lobby is large with a fireplace and I enjoyed the Christmas decorations. Next to the lobby is a small sundry store and also a bar and restaurant. There's an outdoor pool (currently closed) and a number of meeting rooms. Do note that the walk to the elevators is a bit long

Check In: I asked about an upgrade and the front desk agent spent a long time trying to find me the best room. No suites were available (I checked too) but she moved me to a King Room with a Couch and a balcony on the 5th floor which was really nice. I also got a bag with two bottles of water and popcorn as well as my cookies. She also called the room later to make sure it was okay

Room: Very nice. Large bed, couch in the sitting area, full sized desk and chair, small balcony as mentioned and a nice bathroom with full sized shower and a separate vanity outside the bathroom with closet. There were outlets by the bed, a refrigerator and the wifi worked well, no complaints on the room.

Breakfast/Other: Breakfast was quite nice, Golds and Diamonds get access to a full buffet which had grits, potatoes, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy and french toast. Plus the usual cold options and some really good oatmeal. My only complaint is that housekeeping entered the room twice (once at 9 and once at 10) without announcing themselves.

My rate was $89 and I'd happily be back

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
El Paso, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed here one night recently, due to the proximatity of RDU. Our entire stay was very pleasant. Clean room, beds, and bathroom. The check-in staff was friendly and very accomidating. Check-out staff was equally nice. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Tangelo,

Thank You so much for taking the time write a review about our property. We appreciate your kind words. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your return. Have a great day!

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is nestled in the woods on a hill off the main road and looks more like an inn than a corporate hotel. Plenty of southern charm and hospitality with all of the standard business amenities. Clean inside and out. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was hot and fresh, and the shuttle to the airport was right on time.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your review of our hotel via TripAdvisor. We had a renovation last year in February that we are proud of. I will pass your kind comments on to our staff - they will appreciate hearing the positive impression that was made during your stay. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was there for a training at the girl at the front desk did not answer my question at what time or where I should take the shuttle. has a bad attitude and she prefer attended another guest so I ask to another person and pay attention to the other guest that where in the lobby for the same reason.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. That is not typical service from our staff. We value each of our guests. I have addressed our hotel team in regards to your review and the necessary actions have been taken to improve our overall guest experience. The next time you are in the area we would love to Make it Right with you! Have a Great Day!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I mistakenly booked one night earlier than I arrived and was charged for the night. I was hoping that the fact that I am at the highest level with Hilton Honors you all might have been able to do something for me but the full room was charged to my card :(

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the stay. Please consider staying with us again if you travel to the area. If there is anything that I can do to help make it right, please give me a call on my direct line: 919-941-4800. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you have a great day.

Zachary, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A very well run hotel from the top down. Room was clean and the bed and pillows were perfect. Everyone encountered on the staff was exceptionally friendly. The hotel was very close to the airport with easy access to highways. Had a great stay for my conference.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks so much for leaving a review of our property. We're so glad that you had a pleasant stay! We try to make you feel at home. It's true, we are in awesome location - we are tucked away on a hill but extremely close to local attractions. I am glad you had a great conference. We'd love to have you back on your next trip to the area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My team and I have been traveling to the RTP on a more frequent basis and found this hotel to meet all of our needs and exceed our expectations. The common areas are spotless and comfortable and the rooms are nicely appointed and ready when we arrive. The staff from the business center has been extremely accomodating and the front desk was quick to address any requests we made. If you find yourself in the RTP area I would highly suggest giving this place a try. Great value.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Henry-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hell Matt,

Thank You so much for taking the time to write a review about our property on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your kind words, and we are glad to know that you and your team have had great experiences during your stay with us. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area! Have a great day!!

Henry Naber

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park

Address: 4810 Page Creek Lane, Durham, NC 27703 (Formerly Hilton Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
#3 Family Hotel in Durham
#8 Business Hotel in Durham
#11 Romantic Hotel in Durham
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park 3.5*
Relax into a comfortable stay at our entirely renovated and updated(as of March 2013) DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park. The hotel is ideally located adjacent to the world-renowned Research Triangle Park, home to a multitude of companies including IBM, GlaxoSmithKline, BASF, General Electric and many more. Take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service to Raleigh-Durham International Airport and locations within a 5-mile radius of the hotel.Nestled on a quiet hilltop, among the wooded North Carolina landscape, the hotel boasts a resort-style atmosphere and is known locally as ‘The Mansion on the Hill’. Admire charming southern-style features such as the grand veranda, complete with wicker rocking chairs and porch swings. Our friendly staff look forward to greeting you with a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie on arrival. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hilton Hotel Durham
Hilton Durham
Durham Hilton

If you own or manage DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.