“Nice airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“Nice airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was impressed with the large clean room with comfortable bed and quality linens. Room had a very large walk in tiled shower with bench instead of traditional bathtub shower. The complimentary breakfast is substantial with hot and cold items. I appreciated the free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear ReeSue,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our amenities and found your guest room spacious and comfortable, as well as that you liked our complimentary breakfast. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Elmer, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I would NOT recommend this hotel. We got there after midnight for a 1 night stay & was still charged the full $100 & were stuck in a smoking room (thats all that was available). I wouldn't be so mad about that if the room was actually nice! The bathroom door didn't close at all, the phone didn't work, the room smelled like stale cigarettes & there was crusty stuff on the blanket. The people we were traveling with had to sleep on top of the blanket! Then the front desk said we should have told them & they could have moved us, but we were told at check in that it was the last room! How can they move us if there were no other rooms available?!? I will never stay here (or any holiday inn express) again & I would NEVER recommend it!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Kerry V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're deeply sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations and our team will discuss your comments immediately as providing a comfortable and clean room is one of the most important obligations to our guests. Please get in touch with me at the number below and I will be happy to discuss your stay further. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Durham to show how much we value our guests.

(434) 822-2161
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was convenient to a wedding we were attending. We requested an early check-in and they were very accommodating. It is somewhat smaller in size than other H.I. Expresses where we've stayed, and our room was smaller than at other similar hotels. However, it was clean and the service was friendly. The breakfast room was quite crowded over this Memorial Day weekend, and with only one elevator, we often had to wait more than we would have liked. The neighborhood seemed a bit seedy. but I would stay there again when returning to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear ellenbeepa,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express and sharing your feedback. I'm glad to read that you found us to be very clean and our staff friendly and accommodating. We also apologize that you had to wait for the elevator longer than you would have liked and I will pass your comments on to our team for further discussion. If you would like to speak further about your experience, please get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, we appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again soon!

(434) 822-2161
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our family stayed one day/night at the Holiday Inn-Durham earlier this month. The hotel was easy to find off of I85. Check-in was quick and the room (king standard) was plenty cozy for us. The free continental hot breakfast was tasty and there was good variety I recall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear lewf,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I'm pleased to read that you found our staff very efficient and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, as well as that your room was comfortable. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to Durham!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

There's not a whole lot of options along this urban stretch of I-85 through Durham. The rooms are clean, the front desk attentive, the breakfast bar accommodating. Did I mention the fridge in the room? The place to stay on your Honey Moon.........perhaps not........but if you've got business at Duke University, or going to a game there and spending the night, then this place fits the bill nicely.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Hugh S,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to read that you've found us a great place to stay right off the highway and you find our rooms clean and staff helpful. We are indeed convenient to Duke and many local businesses. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Durham!

Punta Gorda, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had reservations a another hotel which turned into a disaster. Plan B can be difficult when traveling with a little dog. The Holiday Inn was a great find. Although they do charge for pets, the rooms are terrific, well appointed, and very clean. No doggie smell or overly "fabreezed" scent. Look for Gwen at the front desk. She is extremely knowledgeable about the area and very pleasant to work with. We were in town to see the Durham Bulls play baseball and this hotel is perfectly located to the stadium and the warehouse district of Durham.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear NannieOakly,

Thank you for your review - I'm glad we were able to be there for you after your first choice didn't work out! We do indeed try to take care of our guests with pets and I'm happy to read that you had a great experience and hope you enjoyed the game. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for work recently and very satisfied with everything. Staff was very friendly and the room accomodating. I was given snacks and water during check in for my rewards membership. Nice love with coffee table to work at in front of TV as well as fridge and microwave in King room. Best part was the shower....the pressure was perfect...best shower Ive had in a hotel in a long time. The bed slept great. I will make this my hotel of choice everytime I am in Durham.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Durham, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear TravisTompkins,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express. I'm pleased to hear that you had such a great stay and that we have become your hotel of choice in the area. Glad that you enjoyed our shower so much as well - I know I'm pretty picky when it comes to that and a great one is hard to beat. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Daly Seven, Inc

Been to Holiday Inn Express Durham? Share your experiences!