“Sushi Love? Not so much.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #125 of 638 restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Sushi
Durham
“Sushi Love? Not so much.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Warm sushi for one. Then wrong order for two. And last, a "HAIR" in my tuna roll! A big one too!
I am done with the place.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Durham, North Carolina
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

One night my friends and I went here for sushi, and the next three days we all fell ill with food poisoning. Also, I know of two others who had been there the same night at a different table who also got extremely sick.

Choosing this place ruined three days of my life. They even refused to give us a compensation or a refund for the expensive but poisoning meal we received there. They asked to see a doctor's note as proof, and as a matter of fact one of friends did need to see a doctor for his food poisoning but did have a note on him to show. I guess having four sick people who had diarrhea, vomiting, and body aches for three days was not enough proof.

The service and food was not that great either. That night was my first and last time eating at Sushi Love!

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Durham, North Carolina
“My favorite sushi in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had the opportunity to eat here again recently. This is really my favorite sushi restaurant in Durham. The food is really fresh, and there's a wide variety of sushi - vegetarian, fully cooked rolls, spicy, typical raw rolls, etc. Two of my favorites are the wasabi roll, and one that comes with delicate thinly sliced lemons on top. The added bonus is that they do a buy one get one free special, which makes the rolls very reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
southern california
“excellent Asian restaurant in Durham”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I wish this restaurant had been in Durham ten years ago when I was often eating out in Durham. This is a great and inexpensive place. I have not had their Sushi but did enjoy a couple of classic Asian dishes - one Thai green curry style and one crispy basil fish. Both were excellent. The green curry was a bit more spicy than I like but still a very tasty dish. Portions are very generous and prices are extremely reasonable. Brown rice is available as a healthy alternative to white rice. I highly recommend this if you are looking for a mainstream Asian place with some variety of dishes in a convenient location to the Duke campus.

• Visited July 2011