“Very Good Burger” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Very Good Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I really enjoyed the cheeseburger here, very tasty! The fountain drinks are Boylan, not your typical Coke or Pepsi products. I also got a side of "dirty fries," a huge portion more suited for two (unless you're really hungry!). I hear the pimento cheese is really good, so I think I'll go back and try that (on a burger or as a sandwich).

Parking can be challenging, as the location is downtown. I went for a late lunch, though, and found a parking spot on the street. (Be prepared to parallel park.)

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“And you can even bring your dog....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

What a nice little surprise! This place was perfect for a sunny autumn afternoon lunch. The burgers are awesome. I had the Green Monster and my daughter had a Joan Jet veggie burger. The veggie burger had a very tasty aioli on it. Both were flavorful and nicely accented with a tasty bun. The sweet potato fries were some of the best i've ever had - lightly fried and the sugar and cinnamon put them over the top.

And about the beer....some wonderful stuff! We tried the Gateway Ale and the Parrish St Pale Ale - a great complement to the burgers. Both were pleasant to the taste and smooth going down - it left you wanting another.

The wait staff was pleasant and attentive. The food was served quickly and downtown Durham is a nice place for an after-lunch stroll.

But best of all, our dog could eat with us! Dottie enjoyed some BCBB treats while we were noshing on the back patio in the sun. A wonderful afternoon!

• Visited October 2012
Montgomery, MA
“good place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had the Green Monster Burger, a regular burger with lettuce, tomato and onions, sweet potato fries and some of their fresh beer. The quality and quantity were very good. The staff were friendly and helpful with suggestions. It was well attended during a Monday lunch time lending credence to its claim of being a popular place for good food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Apex, North Carolina
“One of the better burgers in the RDU area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

If you happen to be in Durham & looking for a "good" burger than don't miss BCBB! Nice local dive w/ it's own brewery & cool environment. I had the bacon & blue burger and it was extremely tasty! Is a lil pricey if you want to add any of the better ingredients (mushrooms, caramelized onions, etc.) to your burger and a side of fries, but this isn't Burger King or McDonald's quality food. You get what you pay for. I see multiple trips in my near future to BCBB!

“Second time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is my second time in, the first time was good but they did not have tomatoes for the burgers last year. Today I had a burger with gruyere and the duck fries. First off the burger was outstanding!! You can taste the freshness and the quality of the beef. The price of $6 and $1 for cheese to me was a bit pricey. The $3 duck fries were slightly more crisp than I remember. To be honest the were over done, however they had a delicious taste with the duck fat and the rosemary. I give it four stars due to the price for lunch and the quality of the fries. Honestly $11 for lunch is more than I tend to spend. I would defiantly go back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere