“When Busy, Eat at the Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Leland, North Carolina
“When Busy, Eat at the Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Carol and I wanted to have lunch last Friday (7/19) and we had a gift card from Cheesecake Factory, lets use it during our trip to Durham. We arrived around noon and was advised that it was 10 minute wait for a table. I look at the bar and it was empty except one customer. We immediately sat down and had a wonderful lunch.

Nikki was friendly, attentive and competent with her service. I had the blue cheese burger while Carol had the Thai lettuce wraps which is one of her favorites. My burger was excellent, even the bun was grilled. They gladly substituted fruit instead of fries. Carol's Thai wraps were great as usual.

We left as satisfied customers and will do it again, even without a gift card.
PS: I got to watch the British Open on TV while we had our lunch.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Always delicious, huge portions and there's no other place with such variety!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have dined here 3 times and have always had good service and a nice experience. The atmosphere is loud and lively...on our last visit, we were seated in a booth which was very nice - more quiet and private. The menu is...A BOOK! I suggest you study up first by checking out their website ahead of time. The good thing is, they have such a variety that you should easily find what you're craving.

The cheesecake and desserts are of course, absolutely delicious and a treat for the eyes as well. Always worth the splurge! One our most recent visit, we enjoyed the Smokehouse BBQ Burger and Stuffed Chicken Tortillas. My husband deemed it the best burger he has ever eaten - perfectly cooked to medium well with a delicious side of perfectly fried french fries. The Chicken Tortillas surpassed any Mexican entree I've ever had - the side of grilled corn cakes were an absolute delight (also available on the appetizer menu). Complimentary bread (2 different kinds!) was delivered promptly with our beverages soon after we were seated. We shared a delicious slice of Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake and left dreaming of when are next Cheesecake Factory visit might be!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“Fun but too noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have been to these before and besides serving too much food, the noise makes conversation almost impossible. Not many healthy eating options but of course fabulous desserts. I do not think in wold go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Nice dinner for a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Loved the fried Mac & Cheese. I had the Shepard's Pie. Mother had a hamburger. Was really good although I could only eat half of it. Very nice atmosphere with a tab of $44 for 2 people. Again, I love upscale environments with regular people food and great prices.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“good but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Tables are REALLY close together! We came in for dessert. Two pieces of cheesecake and two coffees plus a little tip cost us 25.00.

Visited July 2013