“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carol's Garden Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durham
Carol's Garden Inn
You added Carol's Garden Inn to your Saves list
2412 South Alston Ave, Durham, NC 27713   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Durham B&B and Inns
Pristina
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

As a single woman who was totally new to the Durham area not only was I comfortable and safe, Carol was welcoming and a great source of information as I toured the area looking for a place to live. I recommend her B&B highly and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the B&B
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Beautiful bed and breakfast. Stepping into this home was like stepping into a well loved family home. I kept being drawn to all the photos and paintings on the walls, the interesting art work and furnishings, and the landscaping is beautiful as well!
The room was very comfortable: the whirlpool tub was wonderful. There are many little touches that Carol has incorporated to make this a cut above many bed and breakfast places I've been too. The bed was very comfortable, just the right amount of bedding provided; there is a cute little fireplace electric heater if you feel a chill. The tv is modern and there is a selection of movies provided as well, along with books if you want to read. I took several pictures because this was the prettiest bed and breakfast I've ever seen!
Thank you to Carol for providing a respite from my travels!

Room Tip: I stayed in the room with the single King sized bed; the room was large and there is a sitting area...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was a great find for us. The B&B was nice, super clean and in close to downtown.
Carol was so nice and accommodating. I am gluten free and she fixed us a crustless quiche and rice flour biscuits! What a treat!
The bed was comfy and room was spacious and cozy also.

We will be back to Durham and will only stay here now.

Don't stay in a boring hotel!

EAG from Charlotte, NC

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My daughter, niece and I stayed here in June and had such a nice time. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful- we enjoyed the last minutes of daylight on the swing next to the small pond where the frogs and lightening bugs were starting their song and dance. Breakfast was delicious and we were back on the freeway soon after. The owner is delightful. I have no reservations recommending this to fellow travelers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Its a great spot for an outing- but beware- the owner views it first as her property and second as a place for you to have your party. Bathrooms are scalding. Grounds are nice, spacious and beautiful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
CGIDurham_NC, Owner at Carol's Garden Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Since you said you stayed here in 2012 and only posted the review in 2013 (a year later) I have to question the review.

I love sharing my property with others and having events here. It is a park like setting, which is great for causal events. Thanks for the recommendation for outdoor events.
The bathroom is not air-conditioned, but it does have a fan. When I show the place for an event the restroom has been closed up and the fan is not on. I do point out that it is hot and stuffy because the fan is not on
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in January while visiting Durham.

I always enjoy staying in non-hotels and getting a feel for the actual town I am in. Staying here definitely gave me this!

I was in a lovely room on the second floor. It had a double bed and a futon couch as well as a bathroom. It was a really well decorated and enjoyable place to relax in.

Location was good. I had a car so driving into town was not very far about 15 minutes.

I was the only guest when I was there for the 2 nights and Carol made me feel more than welcome as a single woman from another country. She knew of places to visit and where to get Duke merchandise. I was so happy with Elmo's diner I ate lunch in thanks to her recommendation it was amazing there!

Breakfast was very nice. Eggs and ham. It was really good. I was able to chat with Carol during breakfast which I also enjoyed.

This is an organised, beautiful place to stay with welcoming hospitality. Just wonderful!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked a room in Carol's Garden Inn on a recent business trip and found the entire experience delightful. The room was perfect and the location easy to find. I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast and look forward to my next visit. Great place and great value!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Carol's Garden Inn? Share your experiences!