“Nice property near RTP NC area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Durham
St. Marys, Georgia
“Nice property near RTP NC area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This property is very bright and festive. Bright colors in the room, large room and very comfortable bed. Room arranged in such fashion that was quite practical to sleep, work or just relax. I'm not a fan of the one cup coffee pots and the tap water always appeared cloudy but would settle out.

Hard wood floors in room. Not a fan. I like carpet where I sleep. Also, could hear the person above me walking in shoes. Noise level is another issue. TV is audible in other rooms and I imagine they could hear mine as well. You might be able to keep the volume down some on the TV if the 'energy efficient' heater/AC unit didn't scream so loud. Not just mine, a colleague complained of this as well.

Must give a shout out to Greg (I think was his name) who is a cook. Due to weather conditions he stayed at the hotel during the week to keep the kitchen open. He also accommodated our group on short notice with a nice buffet of excellent baked chicken, and the best garlic mashed potatoes I've had in a long time. He had a very good attitude all week despite looking as tired as he did by Friday.

Out of 5 nights stayed, room was only serviced twice but that was due to weather conditions.

Also, room showed signs of age and had paint peeling on the bathroom trim

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First, I would like to say that when i walked in there wasnt any type of management because my Visa Card didn't go through. Secondly, i checked out the restaurant which looked great but it wasnt open. But when it opened a man was there and i wasnt offered to sit. The food was disgusting i order the sirloin steak salad it was rare and cold in the middle.

• Stayed January 2015
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here because of the closeness to the airport, and from the images on the website showing solid floors in the rooms instead of carpeting. The room was huge and was very clean. My children loved the design and decoration of the whole place. It was a nice change from your typical hotel.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After a few recent bad hotel experiences on biz travel, what a relief to walk into my room at Indigo RTP. The room is large, modern and spotlessly clean (I am extremely picky about cleanliness). The all white spa-style bathroom has a huge all-white shower (that was also clean!), and the hardwood floors (even though possibly veneer) are probably a lot cleaner option than carpet. So thumbs up from me.

The staff have been exceptionally nice + professional. The menu in the restaurant (it's kind of small but big enough)/bar is decent. They serve room service until late and you can even order food off their limited menu until midnight. Decent, very reasonably priced wine list too.

The indoor pool is smaller than I thought it would be - not a lap swimming pool. But there is a hot tub and the pool area is open until I think 11 or midnight.

My only complaints were that the room temp was set to 76 degrees when I entered (too hot) so I had to turn on the AC even though it was literally about 18 degrees outside. Then during the night it got hot again and the AC/heat unit is loud. They need to fix this. And a light in the closet would be great too. And few more electrical outlets at bedside.

I will definitely stay here any time I'm back in RTP. Awesome.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent hotel, conveniently located in the Research Triangle, close to the airport. Great styling: very modern and fresh! Clean and comfortable. Only drawback is the location of the restaurant...opposite to the entrance, where you feel the cold coming in (it's at least -10C outside!). Food us nice, service excellent!

• Stayed February 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice to look at, once you stay there, worst experience ever. Because I had no other option, I continued to stay here, but if I had a choice I would've checked out the next day. Dirty walls in guest room, filthy shower, toilet too low to the ground, dusty faux hard wood. Don't turn on the A/C if you want to sleep, think, or even hear anything. Bring shoes to walk in your room, found toe nails my first night there on the love-seat. King Size bed, but on the left side, if you sat or laid, completely sunk in, had to sleep in the middle or on the right side. Told front desk about man panhandling and bothering guests as we walked into hotel "oh, alright, thanks for letting us know" and then went about their business. Never again, nice to look at but no thank you.

Room Tip: Find Another Hotel.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Michael F, Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We apologize for the experience that you had during your stay with us and we will certainly look into the issues that you had with the bed and the heating unit. Your description of our hotel is certainly alarming and not characteristic of our property. We will investigate this matter thoroughly. Please know that if any of these issues would have been brought to our attention during your stay, we would have corrected them immediately and we regret that we missed that opportunity.
Auburn, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here one night for business and overall I enjoyed my stay. The room was large and fairly spacious with some overtones of European touches. Mainly this is in the bathroom, no tub but very large shower which I prefer. My only negative to this hotel is that it being near the airport a lot of people start leaving early and having thin walls don't help. I would stay here again though.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP? Share your experiences!