“Hidden Gem!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Durham
NC
“Hidden Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I love the ambiance of Hotel Indigo. Bright, contemporary design. The vibrant suites colors give the feel as if you are staying a in a friend’s guest room. Hard wood floors. Small carpeted area with love seat and ottoman. ….The front desk representative greeted us with a bottles of water and a choice of chocolate goodies <ooh la la, I’ll take it!>...Glass enclosed showers. Complimentary Aveda products <always make my heart sing>. The bath also included cleansing and beauty make-up towelettes <nice touch!>

Large comfy beds. I thought the head pillows could have been a tad bit larger but they provide you a few extras. Plenty of workspace area with desk. Swivel flatscreen television. No mini-fridge in room if you were looking for that.

Hotel Indigo is a very eco-friendly hotel, similar to the Aloft brand. I found the A/C a little noisier than my liking when turned on. But that could also be by design. The stay was still comfortable without the added coolness.

I didn’t have an opportunity to visit the fitness center. We had an event which I think was in Downtown Durham, and it was about a 15 minute drive away. Doesn’t seem to have a lot of late night food options nearby – fyi for the night owls.

Good stay. Quiet area. Great place for those near the area that may want a quiet getaway or staycation. Looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Samantha M, Sales & Events Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking out the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to your return sometime soon!

Warm regards,

Samantha Myszelow
Sales and Events Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We were only staying one night and the "differentness" of this place intrigued me. The ambiance made me feel like I stepped onto a tropical island. It was bright, clean and friendly. Next time I'm bringing my swimsuit for the hit tub. The price was comparable with other old cookie cutter hotels nearby.

• Stayed July 2013
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

With IHG Priorirty Club points, I had my choice of several Raleigh area hotels. Having never stayed in an Indigo, I thought I;d give it a try - it looked like a fun place and was a good location.I liked that fact it was in an office/commercial area - being a holiday, it was quiet. Check in was friendly and accommodating. Our requests had been met and we were recognized as PC members.

The decor is bright, sort of Sino-Floridian( LOL). I guess it is meant to be whimsical but I found it a bit garish. The laminate floors in the room are great for cleanliness but look a bit cheap. Ours was already buckling in places. The sofa in the room as dirty and had a tear. It's so hard to keep things nice - people really are brutal to hotel rooms. I guess it's a reflection on society today - sad. Anyway - the room itself was gloriously large but seemed to have wasted space for a " green" hotel. The sofa area would have been better used with a kitchenette. Funny to call a room an d " junior suite" and not have a fridge.

The light control was odd. There were "master switches" near the door that had to be on before table lamps and outlets would work. You had to just " find" these. Internet was free, but rather slow. View from the top floor was very nice. Room was clean. Bedding was clean and acceptable - except comforter was heavy and did not smell clean- I took it off ( didn't need it).

TV channels were standard - 42 inch TV had great picture quality. In room coffee was good. No tub in the bath - just a shower, but is was large and clean. The wooden Japanese shower stool is quaint but I wasn't thrilled about sitting on it - didn't seem very sanitary to me. Shower head was low-flow and water was luke-warm. Toiletries were great! Spa quality there! Bath was brightly lit and well appointed.

Pool was a joke- hot-tub size. There is a small hot tub adjacent but I did not use- too cramped and screaming kids made me decide on something else. The fitness room was small but equipment looked good. The small restaurant/bar area was deserted when we arrived. There was a cooler ( the type you see in airports) with drinks and snack and pre-wrapped sandwiches. Menus were on the table. The room service menu was in our room - a few interesting selections, but way overpriced. I did not see anyone eating in the restaurant area while I was there, but the hotel was low occupancy due to the holiday.

The best thing this hotel had going for it was the friendly staff, the quiet location, and the bathroom toiletries. Not a bad choice but not a " destination" either. I wouldn't pay full price for the rooms and amenities, but it a clean, quiet, friendly place to sleep if the rate is right.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Samantha M, Sales & Events Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Carl,

On behalf of the management staff, I want to thank you for your loyalty with IHG Rewards Club, previously known as Priority Rewards Club. We value your business and appreciate your honest feedback.

We will address your room concerns with our keepers to ensure we are providing the best kept rooms in town and our engineer to make sure our water is flowing properly. Our restaurant is undergoing a menu change and we are going to see more local food options.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Samantha Myszelow
Sales & Events Coordinator
Coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for just one night whilst on business in the immediate area. Its easy to find and only a few miles from the airport. The area is pretty quiet, theres a few restaurants further up the road and thats about it.

The hotel itself was very nice. It looked like it was either brand new or recently refurbished. Everything looked really clean, modern & trendy. The foyer, the bar area, the lifts, hallway & even the rooms. Couldnt fault it.

The rooms were specious and done modern. Bathroom was very clean and looked new. The bed was very comfortable. The room had good black out curtains and i didnt notice any excess noise from other rooms or areas. Room had a nice big lcd television and coffee making facilities.

The reception staff were polite and helpful, in fact all staff were, except one bar person who seemed to be half asleep. We tried to engage her in conversation but she wasnt interested, and then when we were waiting to order another drink she wandered off completely - so we decided to go elsewhere.

We didnt try the evening food although it looked very nice and decided to go to a local chinese place instead. My colleague was happy with the chinese, but after looking at other hotel guests burgers I wish id had the hotel burger instead - it did look good. I did try the breakfast through which was very tasty and whilst the room coffee tasted a bit ropey, the coffee in the restaurant was good stuff.

All in all, I was very impressed with the place and would certainly recommend it to anyone who needs to stay over in the area. We did notice a large amount of air stewardess`s and pilots wandering about the place, so it must be popular with them too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel. The rooms were modern, with beautiful floors, and vibrant colors. I was very impressed with the size of the room and the cleanliness, and the bathroom was huge. I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Came on rec from coworker. Lucky! Service is wonderful and attentive. Rooms have wood laminate floor... Love it! No hotel ucky carpet feeling. Showers are huge.... With great showerheads. Colors/decor are calming with the key west-like blues and greens. Restaurant was just perfect gor grabbing a bite. Quality dishes that tasted good! I come to the RDU/RTP area often... And i will be back. In a few weeks as a matter of fact!

• Stayed June 2013
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Coworkers said stay here. They were right.
The place has that boutique hotel cuteness.
The staff was funny, hip, urban (note, location is NOT urban) and helpful.
Colors are pleasant and oh so non traditional hotel like.

There is this little ryokan wood bench in the shower stall.
There is hardwood floors (or wood laminate whatever) rather than carpeting wall to wall.
There is an area rug, so your toes don't get cold.

Hotel is very convenient to I-40 and minutes away from the RDU airport.

I had breakfast 1 morning. An egg omelet. Would not repeat it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP? Share your experiences!