“Perfectly acceptable for the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Durham
New York City, New York
“Perfectly acceptable for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Had to make a trip down to Durham for a school reunion and settled on this hotel near the airport because I had an early flight in the morning. While it's not super close to either Durham or Raleigh, access to the highway is very good and it's easy to get around.

Check-in was smooth and the folks at the front desk were super helpful. My first room was on the 2nd floor, facing the front of the hotel, and as a result the view from the window was partially obstructed by the roof over the entrance. A quick stroll down to reception and the very pleasant receptionist moved me to a higher floor room facing the back. Perfect solution, and great service.

For the money, the room was outstanding. Everything looked perfectly new, the bed and pillows were very comfortable and the bathroom was simply amazing. It was even stocked with Aveda soaps and shampoos which is a nice touch. The one minor complaint was that the A/C was a bit noisy but since the weather was somewhat cool, I didn't need it at night. But, you might want to see if all of them are noisy or if mine just needed service.

As for the bar, it was fine. Got a late night snack after my event and it was okay. It won't win any awards but it hit the spot. Unfortunately, the bartender was a bit slow but since I wasn't in a rush, it didn't really bother me.

Net net, I won't hesitate to stay at this hotel again. It's clean, it's well run, has great rooms, and has a VERY affordable price. Couldn't be happier.

Room Tip: High floor facing the back is preferred.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at several different hotels in this area, and just happened to see Hotel Indigo during my last stay-- while at a nearby place. I decided to stay here after reading several reviews. Upon check-in, the room was not ready, but the young man at the front desk made us feel very welcome. He was very professional, yet friendly and respectful. (I was also introduced to the manager (Su) who also made us feel very welcome.)
He immediately made a couple of phone calls, and within minutes, we were on our way to the room. The room was LARGE, and the bathroom spotless. HUGE TV with so many channels to select from. We requested a fridge for the room, and it came shortly after we checked in. The beads were great. Overall, a nice change from the typical chain hotels. Next time I am in the area, I will stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Another Indigo, maybe my company is trying to break me but look at that rating, that's saying something coming from me. Oh well, I guess I'll just dive right in. Check in went well, there was only one front desk agent on when I arrived with the rest of my group (not large, but more check-ins at one time then most hotels are used to) but two more employees promptly came out to assist. Rooms were unusually large for an Indigo, meaning I could actually walk around, but still no drawers, no refrigerator, and no microwave, and the hotel does not stock many refrigerators. The bathroom was well apportioned with a giant walk-in shower that had enough room for a stool. It was a welcome change from the usual shower/tub. Housekeeping respected the DND and the lobby staff was quite friendly, they always made a point to say hello, rarely looked up from their phones, but greeted everyone nonetheless. Now, let me say this, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING around the hotel. The hotel was kind enough to keep the bar open for us at night, but I actually feel sorry for them. They were hit with our large group all at once and several members of our group were very impatient and downright rude but they kept their cool, so, thumbs up. Would I stay here again? Probably not. There are plenty of better hotels closer to town. If I had to stay in the same area, there are three extended stay hotels right by the Indigo, I'd look into them. However, it was a great effort on behalf of the Indigo. Priority Club does not honor discount or group rates.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Belews Creek NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our first Hotel Indigo. We'll certainly be back and, if others are like this one, will keep Hotel Indigo(s) in mind for future travels. Quiet, clean, well-lit rooms; spacious bathroom with walk-in shower; nice restaurant/bar with good menu selections. A favorite is the wood flooring; no "dicy" carpet to walk on. No microwave or frig but that's not an issue for us. Note: easy access off I-40 but our "old" GPS couldn't find it. Best to get directions ahead of time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Anytown, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at this place recently during a business trip. Clean, nice rooms and great ambiance

The location is great, especially if one has to stay overnight while visiting the USCIS office, a block away. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Representative at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback about our property. Please be sure to contact the hotel should you need assistance with future reservations.Your business is greatly appreciated.

-Shana
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband stays at this hotel for work sometimes and when we decided we were going to possibly relocate to the RTP, he was able to secure a decent rate. I have to admit, I have fallen in love with this hotel. Something about the decor in the lobby and in the rooms just makes me happy. I think it is that it feels like how I would decorate my own space and so I can't help but like it.

We have never had issues at this hotel, even with two kids who are pretty loud. They have always been accommodating even when we arrive late or need a late check out.

The only thing I would say that is lacking is near by places to eat...you will have to drive. If you drive, then there is plenty near by.

I'm hoping to stay at Hotel Indigo again..this time alone as some Mommy time!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jamitris D, Guest Relations at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out not only to visit our property but to leave a review on your experience with us. Don’t you just love the décor of this place? It’s so different and inviting; nothing comparable to your standard hotel. We love to stand out and be set apart from the others. The color scheme is one of my personal favorites and it drew me in automatically. We appreciate your dedication to Hotel Indigo and we look forward to serving you soon. Also, please keep in mind that the shuttle service is available to transport you and your party anywhere within a 10 mile radius for restaurant options. Cedar Bar & Bistro is also available for your breakfast and dinner needs down in the lobby. Please stop by the desk for one free breakfast voucher on your next stay. You can print this email and present it to the representative and we’ll be glad to take care of you. We’ll be seeing you soon for that much-needed “Mommy time”! You deserve it!

All the Very Best,

Shana Baxter
Guest Relations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice, clean hotel very conveniently located near RDU. Hotel staff was great and very helpful. Pool area nice. Hotel is visually pleasing, rooms big and comfortable. Has a nice warm feeling to it not the big impersonal hotel feel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Representative at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out not only to visit our property but to leave a review on your experience with us. At Hotel Indigo, we take much pride in satisfying our guests at all times. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Please call the hotel directly at 919-474-3000 for assistance with future reservations.

All the Very Best,

Shana Baxter
Guest Relations

Been to Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP? Share your experiences!