“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Belews Creek NC
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was our first Hotel Indigo. We'll certainly be back and, if others are like this one, will keep Hotel Indigo(s) in mind for future travels. Quiet, clean, well-lit rooms; spacious bathroom with walk-in shower; nice restaurant/bar with good menu selections. A favorite is the wood flooring; no "dicy" carpet to walk on. No microwave or frig but that's not an issue for us. Note: easy access off I-40 but our "old" GPS couldn't find it. Best to get directions ahead of time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Anytown, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at this place recently during a business trip. Clean, nice rooms and great ambiance

The location is great, especially if one has to stay overnight while visiting the USCIS office, a block away. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Representative at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback about our property. Please be sure to contact the hotel should you need assistance with future reservations.Your business is greatly appreciated.

-Shana
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband stays at this hotel for work sometimes and when we decided we were going to possibly relocate to the RTP, he was able to secure a decent rate. I have to admit, I have fallen in love with this hotel. Something about the decor in the lobby and in the rooms just makes me happy. I think it is that it feels like how I would decorate my own space and so I can't help but like it.

We have never had issues at this hotel, even with two kids who are pretty loud. They have always been accommodating even when we arrive late or need a late check out.

The only thing I would say that is lacking is near by places to eat...you will have to drive. If you drive, then there is plenty near by.

I'm hoping to stay at Hotel Indigo again..this time alone as some Mommy time!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jamitris D, Guest Relations at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out not only to visit our property but to leave a review on your experience with us. Don’t you just love the décor of this place? It’s so different and inviting; nothing comparable to your standard hotel. We love to stand out and be set apart from the others. The color scheme is one of my personal favorites and it drew me in automatically. We appreciate your dedication to Hotel Indigo and we look forward to serving you soon. Also, please keep in mind that the shuttle service is available to transport you and your party anywhere within a 10 mile radius for restaurant options. Cedar Bar & Bistro is also available for your breakfast and dinner needs down in the lobby. Please stop by the desk for one free breakfast voucher on your next stay. You can print this email and present it to the representative and we’ll be glad to take care of you. We’ll be seeing you soon for that much-needed “Mommy time”! You deserve it!

Guest Relations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice, clean hotel very conveniently located near RDU. Hotel staff was great and very helpful. Pool area nice. Hotel is visually pleasing, rooms big and comfortable. Has a nice warm feeling to it not the big impersonal hotel feel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Representative at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out not only to visit our property but to leave a review on your experience with us. At Hotel Indigo, we take much pride in satisfying our guests at all times. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Please call the hotel directly at 919-474-3000 for assistance with future reservations.

Guest Relations
Ghent, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I prefer boutique-type hotels and was looking forward to finally staying at this Indigo, and I got a good rate by pre-paying. When (at 4pm) my next day's meeting was re-scheduled I figured I'd head home for the weekend early rather than staying overnight.

It was a Thursday, and I called the hotel to see if possibly I could re-book for Sunday and apply my pre-payment toward that stay. Being an experienced road warrior I understand the caveats of the non-refundable, pre-paid reservation. I would have been pleasantly surprised if they would have agreed to credit my payment, and extremely satisfied to get a partial credit. I was prepared to be told sympathetically that I would get neither.

Instead, I received no response at all. In a period of 24 hours I called the hotel 3 times, talked to staff, left voicemails with the GM (who I was told had sole authority on this decision), and emailed. Zero response.

I returned to RTP on Sunday, staying elsewhere. Last year I spent 71 nights in hotels, so I know there are lots of other properties that will take my money, and most of them will give me something in return - if not the accommodations that I chose to forfeit, then at least a return phone call. Amenities and aesthetics are meaningless without service. It's so incredibly simple, and the Indigo RTP has proven that it cannot manage the basics, so I choose not to stay there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear MLeopards,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online and for appreciating the location of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I want to assure you that your experience is not the norm for our property. I have taken note of your comments about the staff and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I spent one night in RTP on business recently and was delighted with the experience. This budget hotel gives you more than you'd expect for your dollar.

Pros:
- Pergo Flooring Through-out
- Large Colorful Rooms
- Very Comfortable Bed
- Huge Walk-in Shower
- Nice Full-Service Bar / Restaurant in Lobby
- Shuttle to / from Airport & General Area Service

Cons:
- Room Stocked With Decaf Coffee Only (Over-site of House Keeping but a Pet-Peeve. I need my Caffeine!!)

The experience was a nice surprise. All staff were very friendly and helpful and left me wanting to come back.

Happy Travels!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel should be excellent but falls short in many areas. First avoid room 319, the wireless signal was strong but would never connect. I had the am free so I was planning on working at the desk in the room but had to go to the lobby area to work as I could connect there. Colleague was in a room a few doors down and could connect so it had be something blocking near the room. Front desk was clueless and mentioned they had a few rooms with connection issues! Well then fix it.
We ate dinner at the bar/ restaurant, food was ok but a bit pricey for what you got. The free breakfast coupon was a joke, no cereal, yogurt was plain, very limited selection.
The room was laid out nice, temperature was easily controlled. The best part was the HD tv and one of the largest HD channel selections I have seen. I will avoid this hotel the next time in the area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. My deepest and most sincerest apology to you for the inconveniences that you experienced while lodging with us. We strive to ensure that all guests have thoroughly enjoyed their stay. Recently, we experienced WiFi issues that were out of our control and I really am remorseful for what you had to endure. I know I don't like leaving my comfort zone early in the morning when I'm anticipating lounging and handling business. I truly empathize with you! Please allow us to make this right for you in any way that we can. If you frequent the area, we'll fix your next stay for you. We are more than capable of delivering a totally awesome guest experience. Call the hotel directly and ask for me. I assure that this will be corrected in its entirety.

Guest Relations Specialist

Been to Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP? Share your experiences!