“Great boutique hotel in RDU” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Durham
“Great boutique hotel in RDU”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice, clean hotel very conveniently located near RDU. Hotel staff was great and very helpful. Pool area nice. Hotel is visually pleasing, rooms big and comfortable. Has a nice warm feeling to it not the big impersonal hotel feel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Representative at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out not only to visit our property but to leave a review on your experience with us. At Hotel Indigo, we take much pride in satisfying our guests at all times. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Please call the hotel directly at 919-474-3000 for assistance with future reservations.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ghent, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I prefer boutique-type hotels and was looking forward to finally staying at this Indigo, and I got a good rate by pre-paying. When (at 4pm) my next day's meeting was re-scheduled I figured I'd head home for the weekend early rather than staying overnight.

It was a Thursday, and I called the hotel to see if possibly I could re-book for Sunday and apply my pre-payment toward that stay. Being an experienced road warrior I understand the caveats of the non-refundable, pre-paid reservation. I would have been pleasantly surprised if they would have agreed to credit my payment, and extremely satisfied to get a partial credit. I was prepared to be told sympathetically that I would get neither.

Instead, I received no response at all. In a period of 24 hours I called the hotel 3 times, talked to staff, left voicemails with the GM (who I was told had sole authority on this decision), and emailed. Zero response.

I returned to RTP on Sunday, staying elsewhere. Last year I spent 71 nights in hotels, so I know there are lots of other properties that will take my money, and most of them will give me something in return - if not the accommodations that I chose to forfeit, then at least a return phone call. Amenities and aesthetics are meaningless without service. It's so incredibly simple, and the Indigo RTP has proven that it cannot manage the basics, so I choose not to stay there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear MLeopards,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online and for appreciating the location of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your experience at our property. I want to assure you that your experience is not the norm for our property. I have taken note of your comments about the staff and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I spent one night in RTP on business recently and was delighted with the experience. This budget hotel gives you more than you'd expect for your dollar.

Pros:
- Pergo Flooring Through-out
- Large Colorful Rooms
- Very Comfortable Bed
- Huge Walk-in Shower
- Nice Full-Service Bar / Restaurant in Lobby
- Shuttle to / from Airport & General Area Service

Cons:
- Room Stocked With Decaf Coffee Only (Over-site of House Keeping but a Pet-Peeve. I need my Caffeine!!)

The experience was a nice surprise. All staff were very friendly and helpful and left me wanting to come back.

Happy Travels!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel should be excellent but falls short in many areas. First avoid room 319, the wireless signal was strong but would never connect. I had the am free so I was planning on working at the desk in the room but had to go to the lobby area to work as I could connect there. Colleague was in a room a few doors down and could connect so it had be something blocking near the room. Front desk was clueless and mentioned they had a few rooms with connection issues! Well then fix it.
We ate dinner at the bar/ restaurant, food was ok but a bit pricey for what you got. The free breakfast coupon was a joke, no cereal, yogurt was plain, very limited selection.
The room was laid out nice, temperature was easily controlled. The best part was the HD tv and one of the largest HD channel selections I have seen. I will avoid this hotel the next time in the area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. My deepest and most sincerest apology to you for the inconveniences that you experienced while lodging with us. We strive to ensure that all guests have thoroughly enjoyed their stay. Recently, we experienced WiFi issues that were out of our control and I really am remorseful for what you had to endure. I know I don't like leaving my comfort zone early in the morning when I'm anticipating lounging and handling business. I truly empathize with you! Please allow us to make this right for you in any way that we can. If you frequent the area, we'll fix your next stay for you. We are more than capable of delivering a totally awesome guest experience. Call the hotel directly and ask for me. I assure that this will be corrected in its entirety.

Guest Relations Specialist
Plantation, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Indigo is visually stunning. The rooms are very, very spacious and pleasant. Location? Couldn't be better for nearly any purpose in the Raleigh-Durham metro area.

But...

The rooms' faux hardwood floors, while nice to look at, had the predictable problem: when the guest in the room above ours began walking about in her high heels at 5:30 AM, it sounded to us like, well, a woman walking about in high heels on a hardwood floor with no sound insulation.

Which leads to the second problem: the staff, while pleasant people, seem to operate the hotel to optimize their convenience rather than the guests.

The hotel was nearly empty. The desk clerk proferred this information when she took our booking over the phone - or rather, told us a booking was not neccesary as the hotel was nearly empty.

Nonetheless, the guests appear to have been placed in the rooms adjacent to the housekeeping pantries on each floor. That's why, in a gigantic and nearly empty hotel, we had a guest in the room above ours. It's very convenient for the housekeepers to clean only the rooms next-door to their pantry, but it's not good for the guests, who a) must be disturbed by the racket made, however inadvertently, by the guests in the room above, and b) must also be disturbed by the racket ( including shouting) made by the housekeeping crew headquartered in the pantries. A tiny amount of thought by the staff, and a willingness to have housekeeping take a few extra steps, would have kept this criticism out of this review.

Last, but not least: the hotel bar/restaurant. Again - visually stunning. And again, the single employee working the front of the room was a very pleasant young lady. However, when she offered us cocktails and I asked for a Sapphire martini, she replied " Is that a kind of liquor?"

Downhill from there. Service took forever, as she was alone as bartender, waitress, busboy, everything except cook. Our cocktails were pathetic: the gin and tonic was gin and 7-Up, and my Sapphire martini with a twist was a jigger of Sapphire ( thankfully) and the juice of one freshly squeezed lemon. Sapphire lemonade? The dinner order was botched: we'd ordered two of the grilled salmon dinners, apprehensively, as that seemed the least likely to be messed up. After 90 minutes, one salmon dinner was brought to the table. The waitress seemed astounded when we reminded her that we two people had ordered two dinners. She went to tell the cook, who soon emerged and engaged the waitress in a shouting match behind the bar. Ten minutes later another grilled salmon dinner was delivered, but the fish was raw inside. Inedible.

The waitress was a pleasant person doing her best, but was completely untrained. When I expressed my sympathy for her predicament, she complained bitterly about being "thrown out here all alone with no training whatsover".

She summed up this property's situation perfectly. It's a terrific building with the potential to be a fantastic place to stay, but only if they learn to operate it.

Room Tip: Insist on being place in a room far from the housekeeping pantry, and with no guests in the room abo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
First and foremost, thank you for lodging with us. We really appreciate all feedback as we look for various ways to improve our property. My deepest apologies to both you and your party for the inconveniences that you experienced. It is our goal to ensure that all guests are satisfied for their entire stay. Not to minimize your incoveniences at all, but we are going through a lot of changes here at the property, starting with staff and we anticipate great improvement all across the board. It is unfair to you that you were affected by our changes and I would love the opportunity to make this right for you all in any way that I can. Please call the hotel directly and ask for me so that this issue can be resolved. Again, thanks for your feedback and I can assure you that all issues will be addressed accordingly.

919-474-3000
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Recently I was a guest at the hotel and my experience was EXCELLENT.
The stage was set by Craig via the phone. I knew after I spoke with him (prior to my stay), I was in for a treat. The property is the best in RTP in my opinion and Craig Ratcliff is the best Front Desk Clerk ever. He was professional, friendly, and very patient.
I wish other hotel staff members could shadow him for a day!! He has a bright future with the company and it is my hope the Management team keeps him around and recognizes him accordingly.
Great stay!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jamitris D, Gues Relations Specialist at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent business and awesome comments about our staff member. While all employees are special in their own way, Craig is one of our BEST! His personality and willingness to help is noticed on a daily basis. He truly goes above and beyond to satisfy all guests and fellow employees alike. We're very grateful to have him on our team and we anticipate GREAT things for him here at Hotel Indigo! We look forward to serving you in the very near future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times. The facilities and rooms are clean and updated and the rooms are quiet. There are two shortcomings as I see it:

1. The bed has small "throw pillows" instead of regular size pillows. If you turn over, you're off your pillow which gets a bit annoying. I'm guessing this is a "your mileage may vary" type situation, but I'm not really a fan of it.
2. The food is terrible. Considering the restaurant selection in the immediate area (fast food, mostly) you would hope that the hotel would have a better alternative. It doesn't. The food tries to be good, but I've had unpleasant results the last three times I ate there before I completely gave up. If you stick to a burger, however, you're probably fine. I know they got a new chef roughly mid-2012 and this review reflects that change. You really need to drive 20 minutes away to get something good (nearby "Mez" is so-so).

I'd say you're fine staying here if you want something up-to-date and close to your office, but plan on eating somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. It is our goal that our guests are completely satisfied from the time they make reservations until the time they depart. I know how important it is to have comfy pillows while resting. Our hotel/rooms are designed a tad differently from standard hotels, which means our bedding is different as well. As a team, we are discussing the possibilities of having a Pillow Menu in the future. We are modifying our restaurant as well as the menu and hope to have a new selection available in the very near future. We definitely apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and would love the opportunity to make things right. Thank you for your continued support and repeated visits to our property and we look to service you in the upcoming months.

All the Best,
Shana Baxter

Been to Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP? Share your experiences!