“Craig Ratcliff!! We need more service professionals like him!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 67 hotels in Durham
Cary, North Carolina
“Craig Ratcliff!! We need more service professionals like him!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Recently I was a guest at the hotel and my experience was EXCELLENT.
The stage was set by Craig via the phone. I knew after I spoke with him (prior to my stay), I was in for a treat. The property is the best in RTP in my opinion and Craig Ratcliff is the best Front Desk Clerk ever. He was professional, friendly, and very patient.
I wish other hotel staff members could shadow him for a day!! He has a bright future with the company and it is my hope the Management team keeps him around and recognizes him accordingly.
Great stay!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jamitris D, Gues Relations Specialist at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent business and awesome comments about our staff member. While all employees are special in their own way, Craig is one of our BEST! His personality and willingness to help is noticed on a daily basis. He truly goes above and beyond to satisfy all guests and fellow employees alike. We're very grateful to have him on our team and we anticipate GREAT things for him here at Hotel Indigo! We look forward to serving you in the very near future.

All the Very Best,

Shana Baxter

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a few times. The facilities and rooms are clean and updated and the rooms are quiet. There are two shortcomings as I see it:

1. The bed has small "throw pillows" instead of regular size pillows. If you turn over, you're off your pillow which gets a bit annoying. I'm guessing this is a "your mileage may vary" type situation, but I'm not really a fan of it.
2. The food is terrible. Considering the restaurant selection in the immediate area (fast food, mostly) you would hope that the hotel would have a better alternative. It doesn't. The food tries to be good, but I've had unpleasant results the last three times I ate there before I completely gave up. If you stick to a burger, however, you're probably fine. I know they got a new chef roughly mid-2012 and this review reflects that change. You really need to drive 20 minutes away to get something good (nearby "Mez" is so-so).

I'd say you're fine staying here if you want something up-to-date and close to your office, but plan on eating somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jamitris D, Guest Relations Specialist at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay. It is our goal that our guests are completely satisfied from the time they make reservations until the time they depart. I know how important it is to have comfy pillows while resting. Our hotel/rooms are designed a tad differently from standard hotels, which means our bedding is different as well. As a team, we are discussing the possibilities of having a Pillow Menu in the future. We are modifying our restaurant as well as the menu and hope to have a new selection available in the very near future. We definitely apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced and would love the opportunity to make things right. Thank you for your continued support and repeated visits to our property and we look to service you in the upcoming months.

All the Best,
Shana Baxter
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip for 3 nights and I had an outstanding experience. It met all my criteria: clean, quiet, and great service.
The shuttle picked me up from the airport and even took me to a local restaurant at no charge. Room service food was great and the quick service was appreciated.
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Keith A, Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am please to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations with our great service, cleanliness of our home, and the quiet atmosphere we try and provide for all our guests. We know how important having a restful night sleep is to our guests. We are planning on adding some great new menu choices to our restaurant so be sure to give them a try on your next visit. Thank you again, and I will be sure to share your comments with our enitre team
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you're looking for a room, with modern, well-maintained furnishings and bathroom at a good price, then the Hotel Indigo fits the bill. I stayed here with members of my team for 3 nights in November, and found the hotel conveniently located, easy to access and with rooms of a good size, well-appointed, quiet with a good-sized, firm and comfortable bed. Although breakfast was included, I never took advantage, partly because of time, but also because my colleagues had reported it to be little more than a pastry and a cup of coffee. We did try the bar, but it was not terribly well-stocked (no Sambuca, Drambuie etc) and the service was on the relaxed side of slow. My colleagues also reported that room service was glacial: waiting more than an hour for a salad for example.
If you're a keen swimmer, be aware that the pool is little bigger than a large bath - but it was still good to get the body exercising in the morning. I was on my own, but with more than a couple more people, it would have felt crowded! The exercise facilities in the gym were well-utilised and looked to be well-maintained.
Final word of warning - when I arrived, the room was too hot, so I turned on the airco and what a racket! An old fashioned unit in front of the window, which did its job, but fortunately, before I needed to go to bed. In mid-summer, this wouldn't have been an option, so I'd hesitate to recommend the hotel between May and October... It may have been a duff unit, but surprising given that the hotel has been newly built.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Keith A, Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for the feedback on yur recent stay with us. We take great pride in going above and beyond to exceed our guests expectations. I am sorry you didn't take advantage of the breakfast in the morning. We have some great options that are included in your package as well as some delicious options off our menu. I will certainly address some of your comments concerning the restaurant and bar. We have some new staff and it does take a little bit of time in training, as our focus is on getting it right the first time. The AC unit was probably an isolated incident. We are a relativley brand new property and this is the first time I have heard of this issue. We are in the process of a preventative maint program so that should aleviate this potential problem moving forward.

Thousand Oaks, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the RDU Hotel Indigo for 3 nights of business only because someone I was meeting in Raleigh was already staying there. I have never stayed at an Indigo and my first impression of the lobby and my room was that it was newer and clean. Not really my style hotel, not a fan of Aloft, etc. But clean is good so I was fine.

I had a 5:45 am flight home on a Friday so after work Thursday afternoon I returned my car to the airport to save $70 for a car I no longer needed plus I did not want to have to deal with returning it at 4:00 in the morning. I dropped it off and called the hotel to see if I could get the hotel shuttle to pick me up at the rental agency. They said no, they would not go there. So I took the car rental shuttle back to the airport and called the hotel and asked to be picked up at the airport just like any arriving passenger that had a hotel reservation with them. They said No to that as well and that they could not get me for 3 hours and I would have to take a cab. They advertise Airport shuttle. What is the point of having this service then? I paid $20 for a cab ride back to my hotel and on pulling up there were two hotel shuttles parked under the overhang just sitting there. What is that all about? I went inside a bit ticked off and asked for the manager who said I needed to make a "reservation" for the shuttle. Now I travel every week and average 3 hotels a week on business. What hotel has ever made you reserve the airport shuttle for a ride from the airport? That's why its called an airport shuttle, it goes back and forth constantly for hotel guests coming and going. What is the point of even reserving a time for when you land, half my flights are delayed anyhow so that would do no good. You know the hotel is not monitoring flight numbers to see when their guests with shuttle reservations arrive. Stupid policy, poor management. And the front desk manager was pretty rude on top of it. Every once in awhile a hotel will tell you its just not possible to get you with the shuttle so to get a cab and they would pay for it when you got to the hotel. No offer at all to me for that.

So why I was there standing at the front desk and learning their shuttle policy I told them I needed a ride for my 5:45 am flight and would like to leave 4:30. They said their first shuttle leaves at 4:45. A little tight but ok. I then set a 4:00 am wakeup call with them. Guess what, did not get the wakeup call. I woke up on my own at 4:40 and saw the clock, called the desk and told them to hold the shuttle. Dressed and ran downstairs not brushing hair or teeth. Thank goodness I was packed already and did not have to do that. As a road warrior I should know better than to rely on a hotel wakeup call and to set a back up and I did not, my internal clock woke me up. None the less, just another example of the incompetence of this hotel staff and their management.

I dont even mind the annoying little things, I can put up with them and never leave negative reviews about them. But since I am taking the time to write this review I will mention that the hotel restaurant is poorly stocked. 3 days I was there and they never had cream for coffee. Was told, "still waiting for our shipment, dont know where it is". Normally not a big deal, can let the little things go but another indication of a poorly run facility. There are a few other little things but enough already. The one bright spot here was that everyone who worked the restaurant and bar was really friendly and nice and helpful, even if they were out of things.

I emailed the new management group about my horrible stay, the shuttle situation, practically missing my flight home. 5 days later I got a generic email saying they were sorry and that they hoped I would stay with them in the future. Not only will I never stay with them again but the RDU location was so bad I will never stay at another Indigo anywhere period. Very poor management.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to make me aware of the concerns you had with your recent stay. Obvioulsy this experience has left you feeling very bitter towards our team and hotel. I assure you that this is not acceptable in any way. This is certainly not typical of the quality of service that we provide to our guests. I have sent a mesage to you to discuss the events surrounding your stay to you to address each one individually. Please accept our sincere apologies for this and know that with change does come challenges. I assure you these are being and have been corrected. The hotel is beautiful and we are very proud of what we have accomplished in proving a great hotel that guests love.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have unfavorably reviewed this property in the past. However, I have since stayed there two additional times (circumstances forced me back the first time, and I chose it again the second time) and must say I have had a really pleasant stay on both occasions. All services were improved, and the hotel is bright, cheerful and has a good energy. I will definitely choose them again when back in the Durham/RTP area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Keith A, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take great pride in going above and beyond in exceeding our guests expectations. We are currently under new management and have an outstanding team that is committed to ensuring all our guests have a memorable stay. next time in town take advantage of our complimentary shuttle so you can take in some of the extras the city has to offer.

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here for business. It's a bit pricey for personal travel and I found a perfectly nice hotel nearby for my personal stay days that was considerably less expensive. That said this is a very nice hotel although it was frustrating trying to print out my airline boarding passes as the printer would not work. Not much point in having a business center if you can't use the printer. Also when I had to stay an extra day due to flight cancellations of course my room key would not work and I had to return to the desk. My pillow top mattress was FABULOUS and my room service dinner was excellent and much appreciated as I fell ill and going out was not an option. I do question the hardwood floors - not very inviting if you have to make a bathroom run in the middle of the night! Also a bit difficult to find and hopefully you don't need to make a left onto the main drag because it's impossible from this location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Keith A, Manager at Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. We are under new management and it is important for us to know exactly what you, our guests experience. We have addressed the business center concerns and are focused and ensuring and exceptional stay for all our guests. I will certainly pass your comments on to our Chef regarding your meal experience. Let me know personally next time you are coming to town so i can ensure you get the best price possible. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future.

Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Raleigh Durham Airport at RTP? Share your experiences!