“Best performing arts center!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 72 things to do in Durham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: This venue opened in 2009.
Raleigh
23 attraction reviews
“Best performing arts center!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've been too DPAC numerous times and can't say a negative word about any of my experiences. Having sat in almost every area of the theater, no seat is a bad seat. Acoustics are great, venue is always neat and clean and all performances have been New York quality.

Visited September 2013
Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. As a top contributor to Trip Advisor we know you have a discerning eye and your review speaks volumes. I hope we can be part of another special outing or event for you soon!

“better than broadway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

they have the best shows, and performances. Usually a sell-out for most of the shows. people have a great time visiting with others during the intermission

Visited April 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Ultime Experience for Live Events”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you visit NC and you want to have the ultimate experience in live entertainment, you must visit DPAC. It is a wonderful venue to see live events, i.e., concerts, broadway plays, etc. It reminds me of NYC. DPAC has plenty of parking. They offer snacks and refreshments as well as stand-alone bars. If you're looking for good dining options, there are many restaurants in the area. Come to DPAC -- you won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2013
Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thanks for this great review. Ultimate is a big adjective to live up to, but our team at DPAC is indeed dedicated to being the best place for live entertainment in the Triangle.

I am also so glad you mentioned the great nearby restaurants as part of your review.There are over a dozen walkable places to eat and drink before and sometimes after shows. In addition Durham boasts many highly rated restaurants that are just 5-10 minutes from the theater. You can find a nice list of options on our website.

Thanks again for the kind words!
4 attraction reviews
“Evening of Entertainment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The EOE is a great show put on by our own students from 4th grade to 12th grade. While the production is great I found the sound system to be a little lacking. The kids were great I just wish I could have heard them a little better. The auditorium is large and the seats were comfortable. The sound may be better for a Broadway show but I don't think I'll ever find out because the tickets are WAY TOO expensive for my family.

Visited February 2014
Bob K, General Manager at DPAC - Durham Performing Arts Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
I appreciate this feedback and wanted you to know that seating for most Broadway shows start at about $30 to $40, but some shows are even less with prices at $25. And if you have students...seats for many shows start at just $20 each. We sometimes also have tickets that are half-priced for buyers with a Harris Teeter Vic Card.

Our Broadway shows are the biggest shows on tour and they are expensive for us to host. I do hope you have the chance to attend and know that we'll continue to do our best to offer a variety of prices for these big hit shows.
Satellite Beach
15 attraction reviews
“Super - Awesom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you are in town when DPAC is doing anything - go! I have been to several plays both the broadway series and just a play coming through town. Great - all of them. The lines to the ladies room are long so if they offer you a choice of seats - near the back of a section is great. All floors have restrooms, coffee/tea, and bars! Yep BARS. Enjoy.

Visited November 2013
I love the enthusiasm of your review and headline and know Trip Advisor readers will appreciate this endorsement. Plus there is good news to share. We are adding more women's restrooms which will give us 33% more capacity in 2015.

I hope you can visit again soon!