“Short stay for Hospital visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Durham-Chapel Hill / I-40

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Durham-Chapel Hill / I-40 to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Durham-Chapel Hill / I-40
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 Mt. Moriah Road, Durham, NC 27707   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Wilmington, NC, United States
“Short stay for Hospital visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

As my wife and I were with a friend having heart surgery at Duke Medical Center, the location was perfect, and the accomidations were also perfect. They did offer shuttle service to the Hospital, which we did not take advantage of, but appreciated the offer. Breakfast was outstanding and they did offer an evening meal which we did not take advantage of. I would deffinately stay at this suites again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jonathan A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Durham-Chapel Hill / I-40, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We truly are grateful that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Charlotte, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Construction on-going. Questions at front desk not usually answered as no one appears to be working at the front desk - often. Carpet border with bathroom tile rather "shagging" and frayed. Breakfast was the best part of the hotel - which is not what you want to be the best IMHO.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I apologize for my delay in responding to your comments. We truly appreciate you staying with us. I apologize for no one being at the desk when you stopped by. We recently had all the suites carpeted, which will prevent the carpet from fraying from the transition into the tile. Truly glad you enjoyed breakfast and hope you will come visit us again in the future.
Menominee, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

stayed 30 days. Service was outstanding. The hotel was being updated and remodeled while i"ll was there. Have stayed there several time over the past 5 years. stayed 30 days. Service was outstanding. The hotel was being updated and remodeled while i"ll was there. Have stayed there several time over the past 5 years.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your comments. We truly appreciate you staying with us over the last five years. I truly hope you will come visit us again.
Huntersville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had problem with front desk staff making mistakes, then rude front desk staff for not owning up to his mistake, worn room features, and slow draining tub. Need management help to get staff to make this a hotel to be proud of. Free breakfast is better than most.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jonathan A, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Durham-Chapel Hill / I-40, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I apologize you experienced problems with a staff member. We have addressed this issue with the associate and assure you this will not happen again. Our goal is to provide each guest with exceptional service, We failed to provide this to you.
We began renovations in our public areas last week and will begin room renovations next week. I hope you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to the area.
Again, my sincerest apologies for your poor experience with us. If I can be of any assistance please contact me directly.
Tiffin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This hotel exceeded our expectations for location, cleanliness, amenities, price, breakfast and the great staff. If you are in the Chapel Hill/Durham area, there is no other place to stay. Make sure you check out the breakfast and for other meals, the kitchen is top notch. It makes it even better that there is a Kroger, a Walmart and various discount stores within a short drive and some very good restaurants too!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff takes a great deal of pride in the hotel and enjoyed your comments. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for wonderful comments.
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Extremely welcoming staff. We had a room with sitting area, better than an Embassy Suite, great lay out, full size refrigerator, great shower (strong pressure). You walk out of the front door at have 3 great restaurants, no need to drive, safe & clean area. The only problem, the A/C is loud, each time it tunrs on/off it made me junp, we ended up turning it off, which made the room very warm (didn't get much sleep with the A/C issue), otherwise it would have been an excellent stay. Avoid suite 421.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am so sorry you had A/C problems during your stay. Since your stay we have changed the unit in the room and it seems to be working much better. I apologize that this was done after your stay. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Winter Haven, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here four nights beginning 5/13/14. Love the area, usually like Homewood Suites a lot, but experienced some disappointments with our stay. Checking in, immediately found a tier of channels did not work on the TV in the living room. It was fixed while we were out to dinner but we experienced the same problem a couple more times during our stay.

Our first full day our room wasn't cleaned at all even though we were out over 8 hours and had removed the "do not disturb" sign. The second day we returned after being out almost 8 hours and again our room had not been cleaned. I went to the front desk to report it and was helped by Ibrahim who was most friendly and did everything he could to be helpful (on multiple occasions). The other gentleman on the counter however, proceeded to give me the third degree as though the issues were probably my fault.

On the final morning my bill was placed under the door. The room charges were SIGNIFICANTLY more than the room was reserved for. When I went to the desk the man on duty looked it up for a few moments and found the correct rate. I didn't have to produce the reservation but it begs the question if they had the correct rate in the computer why did they provide an incorrect bill? Kind of a pain when you have to wait around for them to produce a correct bill when trying to get out of town early for a long drive.

None of the issues by themselves would be a deal breaker but taken together proved to be quite annoying.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. We strive to make everyone of our guest stay here to be great. We do realize that we did not achieve this during your stay.
We did have problems with our TV system one of the boards had failed and needed to be replaced. The company came out and fixed it as soon as they could.
I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping errors. We have shared your comments with the staff and they are focused on not letting this happen again. We are also working with the front desk to be sure that everyone's bill is correct from the beginning of the stay.
Again, I apologize for all the issues you experienced while you were here and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Durham-Chapel Hill / I-40? Share your experiences!