Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1920 Ivy Creek Boulevard, Durham, NC 27707 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #50 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Durham, North Carolina
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had to stay at the Homstead suites for an extended period of time. I was nervous because I read bad reviews of the place; however, I enjoyed my stay there. The rooms were rather small, but comfortable for just one person. The beds are very comfortable and I felt safe while staying there. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was quiet the entire time I was there. The housekeepers are not the best at restocking/ cleaning your room, but it is such a cheap place to stay that I didn't care about the service. Kroger is right down the street and they offer you a free shuttle service to both Duke and UNC. If you are looking for a nice, convenient place to stay that is good for your money, definitely stay here. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd., responded to this review, August 18, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Durham - University. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Nice place very quiet and close to shopping. Great staff

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd., responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hi Ken,

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Durham - University. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was mortified , this place is not even substandard, the room was absolutely deplorable! The shower was gray and grout in the tiles, there were hairs in the sink, the room smelled of smoke and there were holes in the bedspread from cigarette burns in our "non smoking room" the staff was non chalant with the exception of Marcus who was very accomodating but there was too much wrong to to correct without complete rennovations, place needs a wrecking crew and a makeover!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of your stray. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. The room condition you describe is totally unacceptable to me and not at all representative of our quality standards. In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them on room cleaning and inspection policy.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Thank you again.
Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

The room is dusty the table was never cleaned, the chair next to the bed is filthy the chairs around the table as well as the stove are dirty and I mean dirty. The rug was never vaccuumed because there is change laying around. I was afraid to touch the faucet in the bathroom, not sure if it was dirty or if it needed to be replaced yuck!!!!! I wouldn't stay here again if they gave me the room for free. Anyone who would rate this place anything but a one lives in a nasty home or unfortunately has no home and needs to stay warm. I only rated it a 1 becauser there is not a lower rating. By the way I have been itchy all night and cannot sleep at all. The only reason I don't go sleep in the car is because we are with other people and I don't want to seem snooty. I'm warning you don't stay because you get charged for 2 nights if you decide to leave early.

• Stayed May 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I was in the Durham, NC visiting Duke Medical facilities and found this place, which was in my Duke's suggestion guide to the area. It was clean, comfortable, easy to find, and very efficient in meeting my needs for a place to stay.

As I stayed in the same location for a month, I noted that the Homestead Durham was tucked away quietly on the low side of a hill with a thick forest dividing it from the nearby streets. I liked that it was adjacent to a row of useful stores (CVS, Starbucks, Harris Teeter) as well as to a small corporate park and the local Durham police offices for the area (very safe).

While I found my comfortable second story apartment to be quiet and efficient, I have to mention the price was virtually unbeatable. I booked my stay on-line and found the hotel to be 75% full, though it seemed empty. For some, it might be a little different that the maid service only comes once per week, but that was fine with me.

If one wants first class amenities with a royal treatment in Durham, I would suggest staying at the Washington-Duke Hotel, which I dined at twice with friends for superb results. On the contrary, if one wants a simple place to stay without any pretense and an ease in reaching almost anywhere in the Triangle -area, I would choose The Homestead over and over again.

Room Tip: See if your reason for visiting the area has a discount code, like AAA does. The management is very...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wayne, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

The people there went out of there way to help us they were all very friendly and very helpful no matter what the question was or how many we hade. They was very concerned with the fact that we was there to go to the Duke hospital and very caring when we had found out that my husband has lung cancer. Also we had left some items there and they was very helpful to go out of there way to see that I got my things back. I was very happy with my stay there and when we have to return to Duke hospital we will be staying there again. I am very greatful for all they have done for us.... Also the rooms was very clean and it was a very peaceful stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We stayed two weeks in this extended-stay hotel in the 2-room configuration. We come here frequently due to its convenient location between Durham and Chapel Hill, just of 15-501, the main road between these two towns. It is 100 yards from a small shopping area which includes a large 24-hour grocery store, Starbucks, several food shops, a pharmacy as well as (a little further away) laundry and a movie 12-plex.

The rooms are well laid out and have generally been quite clean although looking somewhat used. The kitchen is convenient (although we could have a few more items, such as dish soap) and the refrigerator a full-size. We needed extra sheets for the sofa-bed and these were delivered promptly.

The only real drawback was the poor internet connection which consistently failed to work.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd.

Address: 1920 Ivy Creek Boulevard, Durham, NC 27707 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #50 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Durham University

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.