“Excellent Value and Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55

You added Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4515 North Carolina Hwy 55, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Eastern United States
“Excellent Value and Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed for three short visits at this location. Each time, I found the front desk personnel to be extremely efficient, welcoming, and courteous - especially nice when I arrive around midnight! Any small issues with the room (i.e. extra pillows, glasses, running toilet) were dealt with promptly and with pleasant demeanor.

As a retired business professional, I know what a difference the right location, price and features can make.
I will come back again and again to this location (until I close on my new house), and will recommend it to everyone who wants a convenient, budget-minded location. (It's just off I-40, which gets you to all other major routes in the Raleigh-Durham area within 10 minutes).

Room Tip: If you drive in, stay on the first floor where you can park outside your room (or within a couple sp...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that both the service and location met all your needs, we take great pride in our staff and services. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

i stay at the hotel in the begin of june. The hotel was remodeling the whole place. So I had a king sofed sleeping which was brand new! I had a little problem checking in but when i got too my room i layed on the bed an i pasted out! I had long drive when long on the new bed in room it really nice! I have stayed at alot of homestead hotels and this one was worth every dollar!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Homestead Durham - Research Triangle Park. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words!
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have stay at this hotel before and enjoyed my stay. What I like about the hotel is that it is located close to a Walgreens pharmacy, Food Lion Supermarket, Golden Corrals, many gas stations and so many other places to eat and shop. Upon check in the front office agent had my reservation but at a higher rate. Luckily, I printed out my reservation and he had to honor my lower rate. When I made my reservation on the Homestead Studio Suites websites it did not include taxes. This is very deceptive, because you think this is what you are going to pay. So upon check in you get hit with about $9.00 more in charges. Next time, I will stay with another hotel in the area. I don’t like surprise when it comes to spending my cash.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of your stay. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We take our customer's privacy very seriously, so I cannot discuss specifics regarding any payments you may have made or taxes required. Again, I want you to know that we are happy to discuss the particular concerns you have in person, due to our commitment to protect your privacy.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. Thank you again.
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We came in visiting family and friends and decided to stay at the Homestead Studios. They have great customer service and a wonderful atmosphere, so friendly we decided to stay a second night! The rooms were in great condition very clean and smelled good. I would recomend this hotel any time. Their convienant to restaurants close by if you dont want to drive you can safely walk to where ever you like, theres a wide cultural variety of restaurants near by that we didnt know which place to chose.

Room Tip: If your traveling down Hwy 40 their located right off the highway, and if your on Hwy 147 just right...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

If all you need is a place to sleep before getting back on the highway, Homestead Durham Research Triangle Park serves its purpose. If you are planning to arrive after 9 PM, make sure you call the customer service about this. I guess, they don't have 24 hours check in facility. It is like any other Homestead with kitchen, fridge and microwave. Rooms were pretty clean. Good value for money

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Orangeburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

ALL of the staff were very friendly and helpful..We stayed for approximately a month and we were very pleased with all the services..Very clean, well priced and plenty of space..Very pet friendly...Would recommend to others...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Needed a place to crash for two nights with little time planned in the room other than sleeping and showering. The $44.99 rate sucked me in, although that was somewhat misleading as there was an additional $5 per night for a second person. I don't think my expectations were unrealistic. The term "suite" really misleads--it really is an efficiency with a bathroom and a room with two beds and kitchen. The bathroom came complete with two bars of soap, a moldy shower curtain, and a bare countertop. No shampoo or bath fan either. Television was smaller than average and remote barely functioned. Needed an extra blanket (but of course, there was none) as the bed consisted of a single sheet and spread. The staff were friendly, but had to wait about ten minutes for one of them to come to the desk. Certainly no frills here as this was obviously a better property under another franchise in the past. There's a great need for a good many cosmetic touch ups at the minimum. Definitely missed the daily maid service found elsewhere . So I'll certainly bypass Homestead my next trip and splurge for the Red Roof!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55

Address: 4515 North Carolina Hwy 55, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.