Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4515 North Carolina Hwy 55, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #40 of 67 hotels in Durham
Bronx, New York
“Deceptive pricing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have stay at this hotel before and enjoyed my stay. What I like about the hotel is that it is located close to a Walgreens pharmacy, Food Lion Supermarket, Golden Corrals, many gas stations and so many other places to eat and shop. Upon check in the front office agent had my reservation but at a higher rate. Luckily, I printed out my reservation and he had to honor my lower rate. When I made my reservation on the Homestead Studio Suites websites it did not include taxes. This is very deceptive, because you think this is what you are going to pay. So upon check in you get hit with about $9.00 more in charges. Next time, I will stay with another hotel in the area. I don’t like surprise when it comes to spending my cash.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of your stay. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We take our customer's privacy very seriously, so I cannot discuss specifics regarding any payments you may have made or taxes required. Again, I want you to know that we are happy to discuss the particular concerns you have in person, due to our commitment to protect your privacy.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly. Thank you again.

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We came in visiting family and friends and decided to stay at the Homestead Studios. They have great customer service and a wonderful atmosphere, so friendly we decided to stay a second night! The rooms were in great condition very clean and smelled good. I would recomend this hotel any time. Their convienant to restaurants close by if you dont want to drive you can safely walk to where ever you like, theres a wide cultural variety of restaurants near by that we didnt know which place to chose.

Room Tip: If your traveling down Hwy 40 their located right off the highway, and if your on Hwy 147 just right...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

If all you need is a place to sleep before getting back on the highway, Homestead Durham Research Triangle Park serves its purpose. If you are planning to arrive after 9 PM, make sure you call the customer service about this. I guess, they don't have 24 hours check in facility. It is like any other Homestead with kitchen, fridge and microwave. Rooms were pretty clean. Good value for money

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Orangeburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

ALL of the staff were very friendly and helpful..We stayed for approximately a month and we were very pleased with all the services..Very clean, well priced and plenty of space..Very pet friendly...Would recommend to others...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Needed a place to crash for two nights with little time planned in the room other than sleeping and showering. The $44.99 rate sucked me in, although that was somewhat misleading as there was an additional $5 per night for a second person. I don't think my expectations were unrealistic. The term "suite" really misleads--it really is an efficiency with a bathroom and a room with two beds and kitchen. The bathroom came complete with two bars of soap, a moldy shower curtain, and a bare countertop. No shampoo or bath fan either. Television was smaller than average and remote barely functioned. Needed an extra blanket (but of course, there was none) as the bed consisted of a single sheet and spread. The staff were friendly, but had to wait about ten minutes for one of them to come to the desk. Certainly no frills here as this was obviously a better property under another franchise in the past. There's a great need for a good many cosmetic touch ups at the minimum. Definitely missed the daily maid service found elsewhere . So I'll certainly bypass Homestead my next trip and splurge for the Red Roof!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Belo Horizonte, MG
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

In general, the room was clean when I checked in, but I guess the housekeeper didn't clean all the roon every week.

The "glasses" were made of plastic, which I considered disgusting. I've never used them.

The internet access was good, but the authentication method was poor. Every day, at a certain time, you have to complete the same form, and enter the passcode. The passcode is changed every month, I guess, but you are not advised about this.

As I said in the title, for the price, it's good.
I've stayed there for 8 weeks.

• Liked — The price and location
  • Disliked — The internet
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

The room was FILTHY.. I mean hair (little curly ones) on the bathroom floor.. smut on the toilet bowl....and I considered wearing my flipflops in the shower. Being that this is an extended stay hotel, there is a kitchen in the room and it was soo disgusting my skin was literally crawling. My fun began with me killing a roach that was crawling up the wall.. and then the toilet wouldnt flush and "coincidentally" they have a plunger in the cabinet under the bathroom sink.. AFTER 20 attempts of flushing I decided to suck it up and use the plunger.. I move the plunger and another roach went running super quick into a crack in the cabinet. I tried to go to bed around 12:15 AM but I couldn't sleep.. ALL of my bags were zippered shut.. I was not taking home any roaches nor any roach eggs.. I decided for peace of mind to turn on the lights and take one more glance around the room to see if there were any additional critters... To my delight (sense the sarcasm?) there was another roach on the kitchen wall and one on the bathroom wall.. iIkilled them both.. and then looked under the bathroom sink again and that same one was still in there.
Basically I was killing roaches until 1:00 AM and then decided I could not stay at the hotel.. sooo i packed up my stuff at and walked across the highway to check into a different hotel. There were no other reviews for this hotel, so I had nothing to base my stay on. Hopefully this may give you some forsight into what a stay may be like there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't book here
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55

Address: 4515 North Carolina Hwy 55, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #40 of 67 hotels in Durham
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.