“Mango chutney goodness” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Singapore, Singapore
“Mango chutney goodness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Split a great Turkey with Mango Chutney sandwich and Buffalo Chicken sandwich with my plus one and almost died from the awesome mango chutney.

The queue to order food was intensely long on a Sun morning but expected after the morning church crowd. The food was pretty quick though, so no complaints. They could use a designated bus boy to clear tables or provide a dirty-dish collection spot. Tables were pretty messy.

Pretty good value for money overall - the sandwiches were so big that we had to take almost half of it home and was still good for dinner. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lenoir City, TN
“Better than I expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This had been recommended to us while visiting but we didn't get any detail. What a pleasant surprise! The food is fresh and very good. The curry chicken is delicious. Baked goods yummy - try the large cheese biscuit. Lots of outdoor seating but chairs need replacing. Give yourself plenty of time to look through the shop for some unique items.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Parkland, Florida
“Sllloooowwww and not worth the wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I don't know what happened to this place, but it used to be more friendly and the food used to be more appealing.

The order takers, which happen to dominate the cashier as well, don't really listen to you. I asked for an omelet and I got whatever she thought I should be eating. I asked for a side of salad and I was charged 5.95! for it?

Anyway, I also ordered coffee, which I stood in a separate line to get (that's fine), and the service there was so unfriendly too. No smiles, no joy of making coffee and serve the patrons who practically pay their salary...
I finished that coffee long before I got my breakfast. It took them 40mins(!) to get it to me. The omelet was not but a 2 eggs easy over, on a very hard slice of bread, that the knife had barely cut through, seriously. Of course the waiter (which those seem to just have rotating jobs) came with a plate, no utensils, no napkins. just the plate. After telling him that I actually ordered an omelet not eggs, he shrugged, bewildered, so I said well never mind, but how should I be eating this with my hands? So he went and got back after 5 more minutes. The food was already cold, and the disappointment got all over me.
This place's appeal is sort of hippie, with now particular organization which may appeal to some people who frequent the place, but on the other hand, the sense is a place of snobbery, inflated prices for no reason. Well they can count me out...

Visited October 2012
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Selections were OK. Items on the menu and off the shelf were just way overpriced. P&O may stand for poor and out of money.

Visited September 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Amazing store/restaurant! I had read reviews in Bon Appetit as well as online so when I went to Durham this was a must. My favorite thing in life is a really good sandwich and that is what I got! I got the pimento cheese sandwich and added tomato. It was HUGE, there was so much pimento cheese I actually had to take some off (shameful I know, but I like a more even bread to filling ratio.) It was so good, great flavor, great consistency, and the tomato was fresh and also amazing. It came with a cup of coleslaw that was also (of course) delicious. The other person in my party got the BLT and let me tell you, best BLT I have ever seen or eaten. The bacon was cooked perfectly and there was so much of it! Bread and veggies were delicious as well, again, great tomatoes. I will go to Parker and Otis every time I'm in the Durham area.

The store that is part of it is also awesome. Cutest items, lots of cooking stuff of course, some very neat and unique stationary, and just other odds and ends.

• Visited July 2012