“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Naples
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for one night last week, and came away not impressed. The desk clerks at check-in and check-out were indifferent...borderline rude....in both instances. The hotel can best be described as "somewhat tired." The computer in the "business office" was non-functioning. The "manager's reception" was a waste of time....some snacks, a beer or soft drink. Fortunately, my room was clean and everything was in working order. Continental breakfast was adequate. The shuttle drivers were far more friendly than other employees with whom I dealt. The hotel is "in the boonies" and a distance from restaurants (one or two 'fastfood' types within walking distance) etc. I will not return.

• Stayed June 2006
, Director of Sales / Acting General Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, June 21, 2006
The purpose of this response is to convey my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you encountered. I understand you problems with our hotel and some of our staff. The full Management Team met and I expressed your disappointment with our services. We discussed ways we can improve. Please be assured that all the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. I can reassure you this was not our normal standards. We strive for Excellent Guest Service at all times. I want you to know that comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. I would like to know if you have other areas of our service that we could work. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Feel free to contact me directly at the hotel or via email at Melinda@comfortsuitesrtp.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2006

I want to say this has to be one of the most beautiful Comfort Suites I have been to. I was very hesitant at first due to some of the reviews I saw on this site but after much cosideration our family stayed at this property. The staff by far was willing to take the extra effort to comfort us. As far as security I felt like I was very secure. The hotel hired a sercurity company to monitor the lots at night. The hotel looks like it does very well judging by the sold out nights we were there. Everyone is friendly...the clientel is usually business class and that just made my stay that much better. The pool wasn't open but I'm sure in the summer it would be a nice place to relax. This property has WIRELESS AND WIRED!!! Thats just awesome. Overall I highly recommend this property for the value, the service, and the elegance.

• Stayed February 2006
Demarest, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

I stayed overnight at the Comfort Suites in Durham with my four children. We were touring colleges in the area for my seventeen year old twins. Durham was our last stop in a 10 day tour of 9 colleges in four southern states. The accomodations were acceptable, the included breakfast was above average. Everything was fine until we went to leave the hotel on Wednesday morning, July 27th. A police car was parked behind my new Ford Explorer , as my oldest son approached the car the police officer got out of the car and informed him that our car along with 5 other out of state cars had been broken into and vandalized. My rear passenger window had been smashed, the window molding pulled off. Inside the car laundry bags had been cut open and laundry strewn all over the car. My DVD player and DVD's were taken as well as 15 CD's. The leather seats were covered with ink markings and melted chocolate candy. My biggest complaint is the attitude of staff at the hotel. The desk manager was not at all concerned or helpful. He had the nerve to hand my son a broom and dustpan to sweep the area around the car so no one else would get a flat tire. When I asked him if he knew a Ford dealer or where I could get the car repaired he stated that he was to busy to look up any information and handed me a telephone book. He refused to allow any of us who'd been vandalized on the hotel's property to use the hotel telephone, thankfully I had a cell phone. It was over 100 degrees outside and the only person who seemed in the least bit concerned was the woman who appeared to be in charge of the kitchen. She brought us a pitcher of ice water and glasses and said if we were hungry to go to the kitchen and she would find us something to eat. I will never stay at a Comfort Suite or Comfort Inn again. If these people cared anything for their reputation they should have made every effort to help. The man who repaired my car was more concerned then the people at the hotel where the damage occurred. He kept apologizing saying he hoped we woudn't think poorly of North Carolina because of what happened. I find it difficult to believe that the hotel has no form of security. All six cars which were vandalized were locked and had car alarms. None of the hotel staff in the lobby heard anything. The management shoud post a warning in the lobby that there is no security and that you park and stay at the hotel at your own risk.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2005

I am currently in the room with a few minutes to kill, so here's my opinion. The room is larger than average, and clean. The carpet and walls are in good condition, nothing noticably wrong. It has a sofa (slightly stained) and a small desk, as well as a fridge and a microwave. The 20" TV gets a full compliment of channels, including HBO and SoapNet (if they get SoapNet you know they get everything). The bed seems comfy and the pillows are OK, but the sheets are your typical inexpensive non-fitted sheets. The free high-speed is OK, but I'm on the second floor almost right above the registration desk and the wireless signal is too weak to use, so I am plugged in via a Cat5 cable. The A/C unit is OK, no rattles with a very quiet compressor kick-on. The bathroom is not too small, not too big. It's actually quite clean - no complaints. The front desk clerk was very lackadaisical, but I would expect that on a Sunday night at an inexpensive hotel. The airport shuttle driver Pedro was very nice, he is also the maintenance man and very energetic. There is an Arby's nearby, a good 10 minute walk on sidewalks. It seems quiet, and at $71 I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I'm looking forward to the breakfast, based on previous reviews.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2004

We received a nice surprise when staying at the Comfort Suites on Page Rd. The staff was great and the room was very comfortable and spacious. The only concern we had was the slippery when wet bathroom floor. Be very careful or you might fall. Other than that, I would definitely stay again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2004

I had to stay here for two days. The rooms were adequate, except a shower cap and a sock that were left on the floor from the person who stayed here before me - the cleaning person never did pick it up off the floor, even when she cleaned the room for me. In the gym, only one of the two treadmills were operable, and some of the weights were broken on the universal machine. My greatest problem was with transportation. I had to go for training within the Research Triangle Park. The printoff I received from the hotel prior to arrival stated that there was a complimentary shuttle to the Park. However, upon arrival, I was notified that the shuttle only went to certain areas of the Park - within 5 miles of the hotel. So, I ended up having to take a taxi for two days, at the cost of $16 each way, and then an additional cost to the hotel. In my opinion, the Research Triangle is not such a large area that the shuttle could not go to each point without cost. In fact, the hotel across the street provided free transportation to the same location (a collegue of mine stayed there). Additionally, please note that nothing is walking distance from this location, though they list several restaurants in the area on their fact sheet. The shuttles do not go to these locations either. So, if you come to stay here, you would do well to rent a car - or do your research on where the shuttle does and does not go. By the way, the breakfasts were very good. You can make your own belgian waffles!

Been to Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP? Share your experiences!