“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 69 Hotels in Durham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Enjoyed staying here. Easy to find, service was great and the room was very nice. Hotel shows a little wear and tear however, it FELT very clean. Exceptional breakfast provided by a very nice guy named George. He obviously takes pride in his work. I would go a little out of the way to stay here again if needed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jason O, General Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We did just complete a million dollar renovation; which in addition to new guest room bedding and new 42 inch flat screen TV’s, our hallway wall vinyl and carpet has a very trendy, chic, neutral look to it now. As for breakfast, George is great and we are very lucky to have him on our staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Jason O'Neal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a terrible time trying to find this hotel but that is probably my fault. However, i would suggest you get real explicit directions. When we finally found it we were unhappy to find major construction in the lobby. From there on, tho, things were all UPHILL. We requested a room close to lobby and were given a great room with jacuzzi tub! They had a managers reception in the evening, music, beer and bar food. I did not attend but my husband liked it. Desk had menus on hand for nearby restaurants - very helpful. Nice breakfast in morning - exterior of building, parking lot well kept.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jason O, General Manager at Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had a hard time locating us. A great landmark for next time is the Quintiles building, which can be seen from I-540, and I-40 and from there we are just a few yards away. I also apologize that our wall vinyl replacement took place during your stay. Being that we are in the industry that never closes, we realize that there is never a perfect time to complete a big project being that we have 5 floors and our lobby reaches the 3rd. I am proud to say and that since your stay, the wall vinyl project is 100% complete along with the completion of brand new hallway carpet and border. As for your room, bathtub, Managers Reception, our location with nearby local restaurants, and our breakfast, we believe are all features as to why people keep coming back. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town visiting.

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel due to a traveling basketball game for our grandson. We stayed in a room with a balcony and it was wonderful. The room was Hugh and so clean. The bed was one of the most comfort ale beds I have slept on. Rooms were ver quiet and well appointed.
The breakfast was very basic but was hot and hit the spot. Front desk personnel were warm and friendly and very helpful. Loved it

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony...big and had two chairs and table
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Fairly nice hotel with decent free breakfast. Disappointed that pool was not cleared to use as had some spare time and could not go swimmimg. Bathroom ceiling had plaster covering peeling off which I could nut understand why they did not fix . No fan in bathroom also which seems kind of primitive also.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Our pool is a seasonal pool and operation of the pool is controlled by city. They determine when it opens and closes and unfortunately, it was still closed during your stay. If we had any say or control in the matter, we would have opened it. As for your concerns with your room, I will make sure that our Maintenance Engineer is aware of them and have them fixed accordingly.

Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Suites hotel for Commencement weekend 2014 at Duke University. We had a lovely large room with a very comfortable king bed. The hotel is still being renovated as the last touches such as moldings haven't been installed yet. Large flat screen tv in the room with only analog tv stations, but definitely a good variety of stations. Breakfast was served until 9am both saturday and sunday, it would have been nice to have it served until 10am on sundays. You could make waffles, and they had scrambled eggs and sausage for hot breakfast and cereals, yogurts, fruits for cold breakfast. plus toast, bagels and pastries. The outdoor pool is small but lovely. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are going to this area. Reasonable price and a great value.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
On behalf of our entire team, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay during graduation weekend. I am excited to state, that since your stay, we have completed our wall vinyl replacement and upon completion, we finished up the last minute touches of the hallway carpet and border. Our breakfast is always welcomed by many and we are pleased that you also enjoyed the variety of breakfast items that we have to offer. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel that is nearing the completion of cosmetic renovations. The rooms are lovely, clean and comfortable. The beds are great! I think I slept better here than at home! The a/c unit has a constant fan, so it acts as wonderful white noise...no turning on and off. With the fridge and microwave, I could prepare a simple lunch in my room so I don't have to eat out so often. The breakfast is very nice, and the Tuesday-Thursday complimentary manager's reception is a nice bonus. Don't be concerned about the renovations...I never heard the workers and they are keeping the walkways as neat as possible. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed for a weekend while picking up our son from college. The bed is very comfortable. It was very hard for me to get up. I slept so good, and that's unusual for me, because I'm an early riser. They have a shuttle service with a list of places they will take you, and pick you up from (nice if you are drinking). The room was clean and spacious, and I must add that this is the first time that I requested a late checkout, and did not get disturbed until then. Other hotels have bad communication between front desk and housekeeping, and I have to always end up telling the housekeeper I have a late checkout, but not this time. I really enjoyed my stay, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write such a positive review on your recent stay. We agree that our beds are extremely comfortable and on many occasions, guests want to know how they can buy one. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service, because as you witnessed, it is a nice amenity for guests that don’t have a vehicle or don’t want to drive. Thank you for noticing how important it is for the front desk and housekeeping staff to be on the same page. I will be sure to share this with the Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to express such great things about our hotel and staff. We look forward to having you stay here the next time you are in the area.

Jason O’Neal

Been to Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP? Share your experiences!