“Fantastic place to stay - Long Term or Short” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5008 NC Highway 55, Durham, NC 27709   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #42 of 67 hotels in Durham
Durham, North Carolina
“Fantastic place to stay - Long Term or Short”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

As a long time resident, I have enjoyed my stay here at Crossland. Both Management and Staff has been GREAT and is very professional and friendly. They make sure that you enjoy your time - whether is long or short. The property provides basic room and kitchenette that is convent to work, shopping and entertainment. Location is quiet late at night which surprised me. Let me say this, I would highly recommend this location for basic travel or extended stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Staff here is great. I honestly have never met more friendly staff in any hotel! They do there best to make sure you have a great extended stay! They know the area also and are helpful anf informative. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

All entrances are outside, like motel style. There are three floors and there is an elevator as well as stairs to get to your floor. I was able to book the room by phone easily. There was no incidental charge/hold. They had a AAA member discount. The room had two beds and a kitchenette, however there was only a pot and a spatula/turner. The kitchenette had 2 smaller burners, a mini fridge, and a sink. The bathroom is shower only. The grout/caulking in the bathroom and kitchen could use a redo soon but doable for a night or two. The beds are not the most comfortable but again, it will do for a night or two.This hotel was for one night and very basic. No breakfast, no coffee, no pool, no extras period! Stores are close and very convenient to this location. There are several food places and a grocery store near by. The golden coral buffet is in the same parking lot. There is also a walgreens down the street. This place is about 6 miles from S Miami Blvd in durham via Highway 54 to Highway 55, not too far but not the closest to some of durham's businesses.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and the value of the hotel, we listen to our guests and take each of the comments provided to us as we continue to update our facilities. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This extended stay is utilitarian - it's a small room with a decent bed, a tiny kitchenette, a good bathroom/shower and really nice, accomodating staff. I went out and bought a few things for the kitchen as I'm here for a full month. Next time I'll bring them from home. The internet is sketchy - fine for email and such, but too slow to stream anything. I suspect that's pot luck by location in the place. The digital controlled ac/heater is really excellent and dead quiet, btw.

All in all, I'm quite comfortable. The property shares a parking lot with an excellent Golden Corral. Since I'm here doing a low carb program at Duke, that works out perfectly for me. :))

I don't think there is a better value for the money, the location and the comfort in the area. VERY GOOD.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, we are reviewing the Wifi speed and continue to upgrade each of your facilities in this area. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I relocated to Durham and needed somewhere to stay until we found a house. We have been living here for the past 4 months and I love staying here at the Crossland. My girlfriend could not stop talking about how great Kathy was when we first got here, she felt like Kathy was not just trying to fill a room but actually make sure we had the perfect room and we were comfortable. Kathy is very friendly and actually cares about the residents that stay here. I have never had a problem with anything, all I have to do is ask and Kathy will make sure we have it. She has made our stay very pleasurable and we feel right at home. My favorite front desk associate is Kay!!! Kay is one of the most friendliest and efficient staff members at the Crossland. Her warm personality is the first thing we noticed about her, she knows her job and is very quick and error free...and she is never without a smile on her face. Kay interacts with the residents and that is important if they are the first person you see when checking in. Kay and Kathy both have taken the time to get to know my family and that is very important to me. Great customer service is what I look for and I give both Kathy and Kay a 5 star rating...We appreciate both Kathy and Kay!!! I don't think we would still be here if they were not working here....

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the largest and quietest...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This property is really great and I enjoyed my one night stay before catching my flight at RDU. But, everything got spoiled when I booked the handicapped room and in the middle of my shower looked up and saw human waste (fecal material) on the shower head. Apparently, the prior guess had used the shower head directly to clean their bottom. I was shocked and disgusted that housekeeping never noticed or cleaned it. Otherwise, this is a good facility and has kitchen with microwave and coffeemaker... but, they don't provide coffee or sugar.

Room Tip: Next door is Golden Corral so you can eat to your hearts content.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Just needed a place for the night close to home while doing work in the house. It was very easy to make the reservation online via the company's website (and cheaper than any of the other websites). Arrived, checked in right away, room was simple & clean. A/C had been off so it took a while to cool the room down, but front desk offered to move us right away if it didn't work. At checkout, they made a point to ask if everything was good. Bed was a bit hard, but she informed me that they are in the process of changing all the beds.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!