“Nice, Clean and Very Comfortable!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5008 NC Highway 55, Durham, NC 27709   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Durham, North Carolina
“Nice, Clean and Very Comfortable!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I relocated to Durham and needed somewhere to stay until we found a house. We have been living here for the past 4 months and I love staying here at the Crossland. My girlfriend could not stop talking about how great Kathy was when we first got here, she felt like Kathy was not just trying to fill a room but actually make sure we had the perfect room and we were comfortable. Kathy is very friendly and actually cares about the residents that stay here. I have never had a problem with anything, all I have to do is ask and Kathy will make sure we have it. She has made our stay very pleasurable and we feel right at home. My favorite front desk associate is Kay!!! Kay is one of the most friendliest and efficient staff members at the Crossland. Her warm personality is the first thing we noticed about her, she knows her job and is very quick and error free...and she is never without a smile on her face. Kay interacts with the residents and that is important if they are the first person you see when checking in. Kay and Kathy both have taken the time to get to know my family and that is very important to me. Great customer service is what I look for and I give both Kathy and Kay a 5 star rating...We appreciate both Kathy and Kay!!! I don't think we would still be here if they were not working here....

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the largest and quietest...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This property is really great and I enjoyed my one night stay before catching my flight at RDU. But, everything got spoiled when I booked the handicapped room and in the middle of my shower looked up and saw human waste (fecal material) on the shower head. Apparently, the prior guess had used the shower head directly to clean their bottom. I was shocked and disgusted that housekeeping never noticed or cleaned it. Otherwise, this is a good facility and has kitchen with microwave and coffeemaker... but, they don't provide coffee or sugar.

Room Tip: Next door is Golden Corral so you can eat to your hearts content.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Just needed a place for the night close to home while doing work in the house. It was very easy to make the reservation online via the company's website (and cheaper than any of the other websites). Arrived, checked in right away, room was simple & clean. A/C had been off so it took a while to cool the room down, but front desk offered to move us right away if it didn't work. At checkout, they made a point to ask if everything was good. Bed was a bit hard, but she informed me that they are in the process of changing all the beds.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We are on night 3 of this place and so far everything has been spectacular. I am with my wife and 2 children and we are having a fun time. There are plenty of places to eat around here and there are theaters within driving distance. There is also the North Carolina Zoo which is an hour drive. Only thing I do have a problem with is the internet. You have the option for internet during your stay for $4.99. That is a good deal but the speed is very slow. Forget watching netflix or youtube. For those of you who know speeds the download and upload speed is .25 Mbps. I know internet is not that important but we watch netflix and it is barely manageable with these kind of speeds. Other than that this place is great for an extended stay hotel.

Room Tip: Reserve your room via online for best preferences
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

Horrible smell as soon as I walked in the door. People screaming and hollering at all hours of the night. Police came at one point to break up a fight. Floor was probably more comfortable than the bed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

I made a reservation through CrosslandStudios.com for 2 nights. It was confirmed, and I had a print out of the reservation. I flew to NC, and drove from Greensboro to Durham. I arrived in Durham and went to the hotel, only to be told that they were totally full. There were no rooms available. I had nowhere to stay. I ended up driving to Morrisville and paying $139 for a room for 1 night, although I had a reservation at Crossland for approx $90 for the 2 nights.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Crossland Studio is one good choice when you are planning to visit RTP , Durham Raleigh NC. The first question that pops up in our mind why to choose this hotel. Here are couple of reason to choose the hotel.
- You will get room with small kitchen area , a perfect option in case you like to make your own breakfast or food.
- Food Lion ( A food Mart ) is at walking distance , You can buy eatery from it and make your own food. Or you can visit golden coral resturant which is front of it.
- If you are visiting Cisco systems ( True in my case ) then its again a best choice. Cisco is only 4 miles from hotel.
- You have ATM close to Food lion , You may need it in case you are foreign visitor.
- You will also get ABC in case you are planing to buy some wiskey :).
- All major spots are close to Crossland .Like Southpoint mall, Best buy is olny 6 miles away.

Its one good option at under $50 perday. The hotel give you most of things you need,but there is no additional service. Housekeeping happens in seven days. Although you can change towel and bedsheet from reception.

One things I don't like about their service was that they don't even provide drinking water. Which I think can be added to normal service.

They charge $4.5 for wifi . You can use it throughout your stay. Service staff are good and they don't bother you. You will get your privacy and peace.

Its good choice for those you want to save some money and ready to do most of service on their own. Its a peaceful location and close to most of important place.

This TripAdvisor Member:
Liked — Price it was so affordable.
Disliked — They don't even provide drinking water in ther service.

• Liked — Price it was so affordable.
  • Disliked — They don't even provide drinking water in ther service.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park? Share your experiences!