“Doing Business on RTP” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2504 NC Highway 54, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 67 hotels in Durham
Miami Lakes
“Doing Business on RTP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have use the Extended Stay brand before (San Antonio, TX and Louisville, KY) for my project of +3 month... from all of them this particular location have been the best of all... The regional Sales Manager (Erik) and the Hotel Manager (Brian)... will check with you to see if anything is wrong, and with My Busy Work DAY (7:45 am to 6:00 pm) Brian did provided his email that anything I Need, I can get intouch with him.... This location is very pro-active and do not heasited to recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I love the staff. I love the location.. The rooms are clean and cozy..The only down side is the price.. Most people come here because they live on a fixed income or have nowhere else to go.. The price is tooo high... But the staff keeps me here.. They're awesome!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. Staff very helpful and familiar with the area. Were very helpful! Great value for the money and I would definantly stay again.
The location is perfect. Very close to malls and walking distance to library and shopping.

• Stayed September 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for 1 1/2 years while consulting at IBM (RTP) and the room and the service was execellent. I would like to thank Brian Hines and the rest of the hotel staff for a job well done.

Marcell Nelson

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July. The rooms were large and plenty of space. During my 2 week stay, there was a double shooting which the police had the entire hotel roped off for most of the night/morning and newscrews all over the place. The police were there almost every other night dealing with the people hanging out back late at night with the constant flow of cars coming through or the ongoing domestic disputes that would happen. There's always shady people hanging out on the side near the door. My rental car was broken into. The General Manager's famous last words were, "I'll take care of that". Which, he never did.

This is a low budget hotel. So expect what comes with a low budget hotel. Crime and shady people.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view towards the back. That way, you don't have to hear the sirens wh...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I recently moved here from out of state for work & while I've been house hunting, found this hotel by accident. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did they offer clean spacious rooms at an outragiously affordable rate, but that the management & staff are so very personable & willing to do whatever they can to make our stay here a comfortable one. Moving so far away from home has been a very trying & stressful time, but staying in an establisnment where you are made to feel welcomed as a valued guest & not just as a room number, has made me a believer that there are still businesses who care about the customer. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family & friends...heck...I already have!! Huge thanks to the facility tech & building manager for, without hesitation, going above & beyond in helping me get my vehicle started when it unexpectedly gave out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Durham - Research Triangle Park. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our family has been here for an extended stay and we are pleased with the affordability and the on site laundry room is a bonus. The manager has a super friendly demeanor (and a good sense of humor), always willing to assist you with any issue that arises. The staff knows us well, and is efficient in accomodating us. The location is exceptional...around so many stores and shopping malls (esp. if you have transportation challenges) Bus stops are nearby as well. We have seen many upgrades since we've come and see changes almost daily. We will leave here very grateful for the privilege to have a place to stay during a transitional time.

Room Tip: Love being on the 1st floor, easy for entering and exit
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director Of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, August 19, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54

Address: 2504 NC Highway 54, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Ranked #28 of 67 hotels in Durham
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.