“Local police there daily” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2504 NC Highway 54, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 67 hotels in Durham
Charlotte
“Local police there daily”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July. The rooms were large and plenty of space. During my 2 week stay, there was a double shooting which the police had the entire hotel roped off for most of the night/morning and newscrews all over the place. The police were there almost every other night dealing with the people hanging out back late at night with the constant flow of cars coming through or the ongoing domestic disputes that would happen. There's always shady people hanging out on the side near the door. My rental car was broken into. The General Manager's famous last words were, "I'll take care of that". Which, he never did.

This is a low budget hotel. So expect what comes with a low budget hotel. Crime and shady people.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view towards the back. That way, you don't have to hear the sirens wh...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I recently moved here from out of state for work & while I've been house hunting, found this hotel by accident. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did they offer clean spacious rooms at an outragiously affordable rate, but that the management & staff are so very personable & willing to do whatever they can to make our stay here a comfortable one. Moving so far away from home has been a very trying & stressful time, but staying in an establisnment where you are made to feel welcomed as a valued guest & not just as a room number, has made me a believer that there are still businesses who care about the customer. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family & friends...heck...I already have!! Huge thanks to the facility tech & building manager for, without hesitation, going above & beyond in helping me get my vehicle started when it unexpectedly gave out.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
roadwarriornc, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Studio Plus Durham - Research Triangle Park. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our family has been here for an extended stay and we are pleased with the affordability and the on site laundry room is a bonus. The manager has a super friendly demeanor (and a good sense of humor), always willing to assist you with any issue that arises. The staff knows us well, and is efficient in accomodating us. The location is exceptional...around so many stores and shopping malls (esp. if you have transportation challenges) Bus stops are nearby as well. We have seen many upgrades since we've come and see changes almost daily. We will leave here very grateful for the privilege to have a place to stay during a transitional time.

Room Tip: Love being on the 1st floor, easy for entering and exit
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
roadwarriornc, Regional Director Of Operations at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, August 19, 2012

durham nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

we have been staying here for 4 months waiting to buy a house and i think its great. Very helpful staff, clean big rooms. anything you need the front desk staff helps you. Great value for the price. i would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay. when we have relatives traveling through the area i get them a room here for the night and they have all praised it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hi Barbara,

Thank you so very much for your review of Homestead Durham - Research Triangle Park. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Dilapidated exterior and parking lot. Scary people hanging outside the property. Horrible odors in the hallways and doorways. No lobby at all. Furniture cheap, worn-out and shabby. Bathroom filthy--fixtures rusted, floor stained.

Worst of all, BUGS. Bugs in the bathroom, bugs in the kitchen, bugs IN THE BED!!!!!!!!!

I wish I had slept in my car.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54

Address: 2504 NC Highway 54, Durham, NC 27713 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Durham - Research Triangle Park)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Ranked #17 of 67 hotels in Durham
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Extended Stay, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.