“Very Good Hotel close to UNC Hospital” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4414 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd, Durham, NC 27707   |
Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
“Very Good Hotel close to UNC Hospital”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have repeated appointments at the UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC. After a period of trial and error, I discovered LaQuinta in Chapel Hill and have repeatedly stayed there since this discovery. This LaQuinta is not only extremely close to UNC Hospitals, it is also close to dining and shopping (and drug stores) as well as pet friendly. This LaQuinta is clean, well priced and the employees are very good making it a wonderful choice for my needs. Although I have repeatedly stayed here for appointments at UNC Hospitals, I would not hesitate to stay at this location for business and/or a pleasure trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rockville, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My preferred hotel was full, so I thought I would try the La Quinta Inn because the reviews looked okay. Very disappointing stay all-round, beginning with the dated décor in the elevator. The bathroom floor needed cleaning my entire five day stay. I knew the hotel was pet friendly but was disturbed by the barking dogs left in a nearby room. The breakfast menu was very limited. I won't be back!

Massillon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Over charged, barking dogs and did not get the adjoining rooms I requested. Rewards program is a joke...I won't get a free room until I'm 100 years old. Going elsewhere where my business is appreciated.

Jacksonville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We left the hotel for the day and came back to find that our room was left wide open by the clean up staff. We attempted to address with a manager that day but a manager was not available. We left a message but no manager ever contacted us. When we readdressed the issue we were treated badly at the front desk. It took management several days to contact us. We will never stay at this hotel again.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family stayed two nights in this hotel while visiting Durham and Duke University. We all agreed that the experience was wonderful: the room is clean and spacious, the location is convenient, the free breakfast is great, the staff and especially the manager Claudette was very nice, patient and helpful. I am sure we will stay there when we visit Durham next time.

New Bern, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Looking for a good price...this hotel is it. Looking for a nice place....not so much. Broken glass in refrigerator cut my wife's finger. Heated pool was freezing cold. Hotel in serious need of updating. Don't plan on watching tv from bed....the tv is in an odd spot.....spend a few extra dollars and stay at a nicer spot...

Temple, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The rooms were clean and quiet as hotels go. The price point was very good and I never got the feeling that I was staying in a marginal hotel that was barely worth the money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!