“Another good visit!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Another good visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times and our last 4 day visit was just fine! We travel with a small dog and so happy that we can stay in a nice hotel with the dog. Room was super clean and everything worked. Since we have the dog, we requested a first floor room and theat request was honored. Breakfast was good- the usual hotel breakfast and breakfast area was large and clean. Only thing I would change is breakfast time extended to 10 am on weekends.
Also during our visit Durham had a terrible ice storm and the hotel had sidewalks and parking lots salted and safe for walking. Cannot say same for city roads!! We will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Southport, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is just minutes from Duke Hospital and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable, and there were several restaurant nearby, so your eating choices are not limited. I will definitely stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Cana, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is a very nice place to stay for any reason , we stayed here when my son had to have surgery at the North Carolina Children's Hospital and this hotel is not to far from there and it very nice and clean , and kid friendly and great pool and hot tub so it is a very nice place to go . and the rooms are nice and clean and comfordable beds

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Upton, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were doing a driving vacation of the Raleigh-Durham area and chose La Quinta based on previous experience. Again , our choice was rewarded. The room was nicely spacious and colors were subtly cheerful. We didn't feel cramped. no smacking the knees on a bedframe. There was no mold. All the amenities were available. A tiny quirk, I would have been pleased if they had provided a shower cap....but I'm not going to quibble. It was nicely quiet and the bed was VERY comfortable. I had NO lingering uneasiness about the quality of care. There was a decent sized refridgerator AND a microwave. There was a generous breakfast provided. although...I have to mention that it was not exactly diet-friendly, some protein would have been great, but again....it was generous and quite sufficient for folks wanting to avoid going OUT for breakfast. the breakfast dining area was quite pretty and well spaced between tables. My husband says "We're going to choose La Quintas from now on, if they are avaiable". That should say enough.

Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised that they let me check in at 10AM, and the receptionist could not be more helpful during my stay. I was helped with transportation among other things, and always made to feel that I am special.

The breakfast was good except for the muffins. I only ate the hard boiled eggs and fruits (canned) with coffee and milk.

During my first night they were testing out their fire alarm system. Very loud actually, and I had to stay inside with loud blaring siren ruining my eardrums for about a few minutes (felt like hours). But this is my only gripe about the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Chapel Hill? Share your experiences!