“Friendly staff and large roms.” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Research Triangle Pk
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1910 Westpark Dr, Durham, NC 27713   |
Ranked #18 of 67 Hotels in Durham
A TripAdvisor Member
“Friendly staff and large roms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Very nice hotel. Friendly staff and very clean. Loved the size of the room. Just wish ( as I do of most hotels ) they could arrange for more comfortable seating, while in the room. Its either on the bed or in straight back chair. Bed was ok. I have a bad back, so I need a firmer mattress. Breakfast was the usual continental fare. Grounds were clean and probably very pretty in the spring. Location was quite. Will definely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I travel every month and usually stay at this La Quinta or the other one over on 15-501. I have two small children and always feel safe here! This location is brand new and I love that! I always come to a clean room and friendly, prompt service.
Once I had a issue where I had made a reservation online and upon arrival had to stay in the only room left, which was a smoking room. I was told I would be able to switch rooms in the morning, and I was called promptly at 8a when a room was available. They cleaned it for me and made sure I was in there as soon as possible. I would have left for another hotel had it not been after midnight when I arrived. The hotel staff made sure I was comfortable with the new room and was always friendly.
I think this hotel is a great one for family, they have a pool, although outside. It is also close to many fun things like South Point Mall, Buffalo Wild Wings, Target and then of course the rest of Durham and Raleigh. The only times I haven't stayed here was when I found a better rate at a local Microtel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed overnight on our way down I-5 and called central reservations and booked a room. The hotel was easily accessible off of I-95, although you have to get off and travel on another route (maybe 10 minutes). The main reason we stayed was because we had our small dog with us and there was no reservation or fee required. The lobby of the hotel was sparse, but clean. The only issue was the lobby had an odd odor. We had a room with a king bed. The bath room was one of the cleanest we had seen in a while- the shower curtain even smelled freshly laundered. They only had a shampoo/conditioner and bar soap. The towels were crisp and fresh. There was a small fridge. Storage/dresser offered ample room. The room was spacious and we didn't feel cramped . There was a nice flat screen mounted on the wall and a long desk that spanned the length of the wall. The sheets, comforter and pillows were immaculate and obviously fresh. Breakfast was not impressive, but if you're ready to get on the road you can make do. There is not much around in terms of food options, but you can order food from some local places which is fine (and you're not far from the highway). Overall, we were very impressed with the hotel and would encourage readers to cosnider staying here while traveling if need be. It is located in a business park and it nice and quiet. The staff we interacted with were kind, friendly and helpful.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We were traveling from New Hampshire to Florida on Rt 95. We looked for a La Quinta near our stop over. The closest one was in Raleigh-Durham. Our past experiences with La Quinta have been very good, so we traveled along Rt 85 to stay there.

The accommodations were excellent, and the staff friendly. The location was quiet. The room was large and clean, and the bed very comfortable.

We travel with two large dogs, and La Quinta is very accommodating of them. They put us in a room on the first floor near the back door. There are no extra charges. If you travel with pets, La Quinta is the most welcoming of the large chain hotels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel offers great value for a large comfortable room in an attractive facility. It is located in a quiet area of RTP and, as such, is several miles from a major shopping area. A few restaurants offering breakfast and lunch are nearby, but better restaurants require a drive of 3 miles or more.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We chose this hotel because of its value and location while visiting family. We were very pleasantly surprised! Our room was clean, cozy and spacious. The beds were quite comfortable. We have a small dog and didn’t want to leave her home. We were amazed at how many other dog lovers chose the same hotel! I would highly recommend to others and plan on visiting here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Durham Research Triangle Pk? Share your experiences!