Generally,this is a nice hotel. What wins were:
1. The décor of the lobby and the restaurant looks good.
2. Free access to the fitness center next door which was excellent
3. Wine tasting for 90+ rated wines (for a small fee)
4. Incentive to "Go green" ($5 food and beverage voucher per day)
However I found the following that did not win:
1. Wifi did not work properly in my room but the wifi in the lobby was excellent. I called tech support but they never came, neither did they follow-up to determine if I still had any problems.
Spent most of my evenings working in the lobby.
2. I asked them for a king sized bed in an upper floor but they only had a King sized on in the room for persons with a wheelchair remaining. They did not tell me this or I would have asked for any kind of bed like a double in an upper floor. I did not make a fuss so I did not report it.
3. While the voucher was for food and beverage, the bartender said it was really only for food.
4. Shuttle service was a bit flaky. A group of us decided to use the shuttle to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast but when we called the hotel for the shuttle, the shuttle never arrived. After an hour we decided to call a taxi.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Imperial Hotel Durham
- Sheraton Durham
- Durham Sheraton