“Might be a good hotel but they gave me the wheelchair accessible room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Lange park, Chaguanas
“Might be a good hotel but they gave me the wheelchair accessible room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Generally,this is a nice hotel. What wins were:

1. The décor of the lobby and the restaurant looks good.
2. Free access to the fitness center next door which was excellent
3. Wine tasting for 90+ rated wines (for a small fee)
4. Incentive to "Go green" ($5 food and beverage voucher per day)

However I found the following that did not win:

1. Wifi did not work properly in my room but the wifi in the lobby was excellent. I called tech support but they never came, neither did they follow-up to determine if I still had any problems.
Spent most of my evenings working in the lobby.
2. I asked them for a king sized bed in an upper floor but they only had a King sized on in the room for persons with a wheelchair remaining. They did not tell me this or I would have asked for any kind of bed like a double in an upper floor. I did not make a fuss so I did not report it.
3. While the voucher was for food and beverage, the bartender said it was really only for food.
4. Shuttle service was a bit flaky. A group of us decided to use the shuttle to go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast but when we called the hotel for the shuttle, the shuttle never arrived. After an hour we decided to call a taxi.

Green Features: They have a GO Green Initiative which I highly recommend - you get a $5 food and beverage voucher for every day you do not ask to clean your room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Andre_Thompson:
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. Here at Sheraton Imperial Hotel, we strive to exceed your expectations each stay. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. Thank you again for posting your comments. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that if you are in the area in the near future that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
SIHCC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

In town for 2 night stay but not much time at the hotel. Very nice hotel with friendly staff. No real issues. Only minor item was the foreign guy working the food market was a little annoying - trying to make constant jokes to my 11 y/o daughter. Would stay there again if got the same rate via hotwire. The stock photo's make it look a little newer, nicer than it actually is.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear RobF379:
Thank you for your business as well as your kind review. Both are greatly appreciated. I'm truly glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come see us again.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a solid choice in Durham for business travel. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is friendly. Ended up doing room service each night and the food was always good. I was placed on the club level and the snacks/drinks offered are well done. The woman that runs the show there is EXCELLENT. You could tell all the regulars adored her. If I'm in the area again for work, I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Ellen28:
First we would like to extend our appreciation to you for choosing the Sheraton Imperial as your hotel of choice. We also wanted to thank you for taking the time out to write your comments regarding our staff members. We are truly glad we have met all your expectations, your kind word will be pass on to our entire Team.
Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 5 days as it was walking distance to my office. Nice and clean rooms which were of a very nice size. Had all the amenities expected from a Sheraton and the gym was situated next to the hotel. The restaurant was quite good and service was polite and prompt. Overall a good choice if you are on business in the Research Triangle Park area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Lucell:
First we would like to extend our appreciation to you for choosing the Sheraton Imperial Hotel for your stay during your business travel. We also wanted to thank you for taking the time out to write your comments regarding our hotel and some of the amenities we have to offer. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Although a little pricey (at least at the rate I got) for what it is, the hotel is very nice the staff so nice, special thanks to Betty for being such a great help on the front desk, very reasonably priced buffet breakfast

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Pheephox:
Thank you for taking the time to share your on-line review. I will be sure to share your review with Betty and Team Sheraton. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast buffet in Seasons Restaurant. The breakfast buffet is served every morning in Seasons Restaurant and complements every appetite. Thank you for your business and hope to see you real soon.
SHICC
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for 9 days while my husband attended a conference and the customer service was EXEMPLARY the entire time. Usually I like to commend particular individuals, but in this instance, everyone working in all facets of the hotel was so incredible that it is difficult to single out particular employees. They all greeted me with a smile and went out of their way to help me. The GM even introduced himself to us and personally drove my husband to the airport to make sure he would not miss his flight at the end of our stay!
During our stay, I worked in my room much of the time and found it to be comfortable, and the internet worked well. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in assisting me with anything I needed. The food in the restaurant was quite good, and the food provided to my husband as part of his conference was fantastic and went way beyond his expectations. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was renovated and very clean. The running trail around the hotel area was very nice. The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport and many local restaurants.
I stay in MANY hotels and this place provided the best service I have ever experienced.
I absolutely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Raleigh Durham.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Anonymous 187801:
We thank you for choosing the Sheraton Imperial for your stay and for your fantastic review. We're pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience with all of our team members. Again, thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the near future.
Newland, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

First off we did not have reservations. We had checked on some internet booking sites for a place to stay and this hotel came up with availability. Yet upon check-in the lady said they were fully booked and did not have any availability. We spent 10 mins telling the lady that she does have availability and she would never check. We finally got her to check and one room magically appeared to her. After we checked in past midnight we went to our room which the front desk lady said was on the Club floor and it was a premium room. While the room was average, it was not what I would consider premium by any means. It was clean and comfortable so that is what really matters to me. The bathroom was updated but the shower was from the 1980's? I don't understand why spend all that money to lay tile down and granite countertops with updated furniture in the bathroom but not update the shower? The internet connection in our room was very touchy, we would connect and stay connected for an hour or so and then it would drop us. Overall it was not a bad stay for the exception of being LIED to upon check-in. Room was clean and comfortable and stay was average.

Room Tip: If they offer club floor, ask to see the room first to see if it is what you are expecting. Club flo...