“Bugs in room” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 69 Hotels in Durham
Reading, United Kingdom
“Bugs in room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am a frequent traveller to RTP and had planned to stay in the Sheraton Imperial for four nights - however on unpacking I saw a massive cockroach scuttle across the floor and out under the door - a couple of minutes later I noticed one on the ceiling - I called the front desk who moved me to another room but to be honest by this stage I did not want to stay any longer and so am moving to the hotel next door instead - the staff were friendly enough throughout but i don't expect to see bugs like that in a decent hotel

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the bug found in your guest room. Due to the wooded area located behind our hotel we work very closely with our pest care provider on an active and aggressive preventative maintenance schedule. As a result of the incident during your stay we immediately reached out to our provider for retreatment. We completely agree with you that it is unacceptable to find this in your guest room. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

I have notified our management team so that we may look further into these issues. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise. We take great pride in our properties cleanliness, guest room maintenance and hope you will not allow this experience to give you an inaccurate expectation of any future visits.
SIHCC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Upgraded to a business suite because I had a lot of work to do and deadlines to meet.
Had no internet the first night. Staff could not do anything the first night. It was late. I understood.
Called again in the morning and I was given a toll free number to call for help. Called the outsourced firm who asked what city/hotel I was calling from. After trouble shooting, they told me that they contacted the hotel and the problem would be solved within 15 minutes later. I called an hour later and the outsourced firm was surprised they hotel did not contact me. The outsourced firm told me that there was physical problem with the hardware (i.e. an access point) that needed to be fixed on site.
I called the front desk back. They had no clue what was going on and asked me what Tech support said. Of course they apologized. I asked for room with internet access. After about a couple hours (and a lot of back and forth), they moved me to a room just below the room I was in (i.e. same access point coverage). The internet did not work there and I suggested a room on the opposite side of the hotel. In any case, I had to leave the hotel to get work done. When I got back, my things were moved to a new room that had internet!
Checked out of hotel and flew home.
A couple days later, I received a new bill for $55. The invoice said “robe”. I guess the assumption was that I stole the robe. Wow, I hardly got to sleep because of running back and forth from the lobby. I am very upset about this. I am platinum within Starwood and I have never experienced anything like this. I guess they could also charge me $15 for the slippers or anything else they think of. Heck, why not charge me for the access point! Needless to say, I got this charge removed but I will not “come back soon”. In fact, I think this is enough to make me avoid Starwood altogether starting Jan.1st.
Note: The staff was very friendly in all interactions. I would say that this site suffers from poor management and leadership.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Spent a weekend here as part of a convention. Nice space. Comfy chairs and tables throughout lobby. Food servers were attentive and buffet was good. Location is right off interstate. They charge a lot for food and drink to convention host and charge extra for electricity. Facilities were clean and often refreshed. Rooms were comfortable for workshops. There is a hospitality lounge but make sure there is signage saying who the food is for or others will come in and partake of it. Happened with us and hotel wanted to charge us for lunch.

• Stayed October 2013
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear CindySGoulding:
Let me first thank you for writing a review of our hotel on Travel Advisor. I was very happy that you find our Hotel suitable for the event. Our wide open lobby has comfortable seating and engaging atmosphere. Our guests receive complimentary WiFi in the guestrooms. There is also the Sheraton Link where guests can answer email and search the web. Here at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel we try very hard to meet each guest's expectations. We thank you for your business and we look forward to a future stay with us.
SHICC
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here while on a business trip and the stay was good. The toilet broke halfway through my stay which they completely replaced immediately. The restaurant was quite pricey. Recommend taking a walk down the block to Mez (a local mexican restaurant which was excellent).

Room Tip: I had a room not overlooking the pool which I was glad about because I had friends that had rooms ov...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alexis 1124:
Thank you for taking the time out not only to visit our property but to leave a review on your experience with us. At Sheraton Imperial, we take much pride in satisfying our guests at all times. I will be sure to share your review with the Director of Engineer. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my first time in north carolina so who am I to judge? The hotel was clean and acceptable. The rates were fair. The hotel restaurant was very good and the bar had a great selection of North Carolina beers. Maybe it's north carolina, but you need a car to get anywhere decent. There isn't anything within walking distance. I was here for a conference, so it served its purpose well!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hockiemack:
Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. It was great to hear that this was your first visit to North Carolina also known as the Tar Heel State and the Old North State. The Sheraton Imperial Hotel is located in Research Triangle Park and just minutes away from RDU airport. Seasons Restaurant menu consists of locally grown foods. The Lobby bar offers 8 North Carolina beers and an extensive selection of fine wines. We thank you for your business and hope that you will give us another try.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Loved this hotel, which is unusual, don't usually "love" Sheraton's, but just like them. Great staff, room was good. Location was what I needed. I'm a smoker, and have no problem with non-smoking rooms, but loved the outside stairwell. WIFI was extremely strong. Overall very impressed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SIHCC, Custormer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear ustophl:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It’s great to hear that we just might have changed your outlook on "Sheratons". Here at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel we try very hard to meet each guest's expectations, and we're very glad you enjoyed your stay. Sheraton Imperial has a great location in the very heart of Research Triangle Park and very close to the airport. We have a great walking trail as well as connected to a full service Gym. It is our pleasure to serve you. We thank you for your business and please come back soon!
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were up for a college football game and always enjoy the area. Staying at this hotel makes that even better. We tried to check in early, but our room wasn't ready. The staff was so accommodating to let us unload and then they had everything in the room upon our arrival. It was top notch service. I will only stay here when traveling to the Triangle in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear LUTiger16:
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your overall experience at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. Team Sheraton’s number one objective is to exceed our guest’s expectations. So, it’s good to hear that we did just that! I am so glad to hear that we are on your preferred hotel list for the Durham area. WE appreciate your business and hope to see you real soon.
Customer Service Manager

Been to Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!