“Never again.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 67 Hotels in Durham
Dallas, Texas
“Never again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Upgraded to a business suite because I had a lot of work to do and deadlines to meet.
Had no internet the first night. Staff could not do anything the first night. It was late. I understood.
Called again in the morning and I was given a toll free number to call for help. Called the outsourced firm who asked what city/hotel I was calling from. After trouble shooting, they told me that they contacted the hotel and the problem would be solved within 15 minutes later. I called an hour later and the outsourced firm was surprised they hotel did not contact me. The outsourced firm told me that there was physical problem with the hardware (i.e. an access point) that needed to be fixed on site.
I called the front desk back. They had no clue what was going on and asked me what Tech support said. Of course they apologized. I asked for room with internet access. After about a couple hours (and a lot of back and forth), they moved me to a room just below the room I was in (i.e. same access point coverage). The internet did not work there and I suggested a room on the opposite side of the hotel. In any case, I had to leave the hotel to get work done. When I got back, my things were moved to a new room that had internet!
Checked out of hotel and flew home.
A couple days later, I received a new bill for $55. The invoice said “robe”. I guess the assumption was that I stole the robe. Wow, I hardly got to sleep because of running back and forth from the lobby. I am very upset about this. I am platinum within Starwood and I have never experienced anything like this. I guess they could also charge me $15 for the slippers or anything else they think of. Heck, why not charge me for the access point! Needless to say, I got this charge removed but I will not “come back soon”. In fact, I think this is enough to make me avoid Starwood altogether starting Jan.1st.
Note: The staff was very friendly in all interactions. I would say that this site suffers from poor management and leadership.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Spent a weekend here as part of a convention. Nice space. Comfy chairs and tables throughout lobby. Food servers were attentive and buffet was good. Location is right off interstate. They charge a lot for food and drink to convention host and charge extra for electricity. Facilities were clean and often refreshed. Rooms were comfortable for workshops. There is a hospitality lounge but make sure there is signage saying who the food is for or others will come in and partake of it. Happened with us and hotel wanted to charge us for lunch.

• Stayed October 2013
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear CindySGoulding:
Let me first thank you for writing a review of our hotel on Travel Advisor. I was very happy that you find our Hotel suitable for the event. Our wide open lobby has comfortable seating and engaging atmosphere. Our guests receive complimentary WiFi in the guestrooms. There is also the Sheraton Link where guests can answer email and search the web. Here at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel we try very hard to meet each guest's expectations. We thank you for your business and we look forward to a future stay with us.
SHICC
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here while on a business trip and the stay was good. The toilet broke halfway through my stay which they completely replaced immediately. The restaurant was quite pricey. Recommend taking a walk down the block to Mez (a local mexican restaurant which was excellent).

Room Tip: I had a room not overlooking the pool which I was glad about because I had friends that had rooms ov...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alexis 1124:
Thank you for taking the time out not only to visit our property but to leave a review on your experience with us. At Sheraton Imperial, we take much pride in satisfying our guests at all times. I will be sure to share your review with the Director of Engineer. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my first time in north carolina so who am I to judge? The hotel was clean and acceptable. The rates were fair. The hotel restaurant was very good and the bar had a great selection of North Carolina beers. Maybe it's north carolina, but you need a car to get anywhere decent. There isn't anything within walking distance. I was here for a conference, so it served its purpose well!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hockiemack:
Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Trip Advisor. It was great to hear that this was your first visit to North Carolina also known as the Tar Heel State and the Old North State. The Sheraton Imperial Hotel is located in Research Triangle Park and just minutes away from RDU airport. Seasons Restaurant menu consists of locally grown foods. The Lobby bar offers 8 North Carolina beers and an extensive selection of fine wines. We thank you for your business and hope that you will give us another try.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Loved this hotel, which is unusual, don't usually "love" Sheraton's, but just like them. Great staff, room was good. Location was what I needed. I'm a smoker, and have no problem with non-smoking rooms, but loved the outside stairwell. WIFI was extremely strong. Overall very impressed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SIHCC, Custormer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear ustophl:
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It’s great to hear that we just might have changed your outlook on "Sheratons". Here at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel we try very hard to meet each guest's expectations, and we're very glad you enjoyed your stay. Sheraton Imperial has a great location in the very heart of Research Triangle Park and very close to the airport. We have a great walking trail as well as connected to a full service Gym. It is our pleasure to serve you. We thank you for your business and please come back soon!
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were up for a college football game and always enjoy the area. Staying at this hotel makes that even better. We tried to check in early, but our room wasn't ready. The staff was so accommodating to let us unload and then they had everything in the room upon our arrival. It was top notch service. I will only stay here when traveling to the Triangle in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear LUTiger16:
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your overall experience at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. Team Sheraton’s number one objective is to exceed our guest’s expectations. So, it’s good to hear that we did just that! I am so glad to hear that we are on your preferred hotel list for the Durham area. WE appreciate your business and hope to see you real soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

2 night business trip and both nights were great. The staff were excellent and the concierge could not have been more helpful (thanks for his shopping tips and organising getting me there and back safely!).
Was alone the 1st night and the bar server was excellent at recommending the right sort of beer for me (well I am British) and served a PINT which, as a woman, I don't often get but which is what I want! She was also spot on with her dinner recommendation from the bar menu.
The very helpful Lebanese man in the foyer shop also bent over backwards to help me and even let me use the travel adaptor to make sure it was suitable before he would let me pay. Hotel foyer shops need this sort of service and not just to make a fast buck.
The room was great, free wifi, great aircon, lovely shower and toiletries and very pleasant room staff too. No complaints there at all.
Only downside was the difference in breakfast between day 1 and 2. Both days had the FAB breakfast burrito. Day 1 it was beautifully wrapped, but into 4, and a vegetable tortilla in the salsa and in the guacamole (best guacamole EVER!) - day 2 it was cut in 1/2, unceremoniously put on the plate and no chips in the condiments. Tasted just dandy but I just expected consistency.
All that said, yes would recommend it - only likely to be for business for me due to location but great location for me, fabulous staff, good food and drink and just a good feeling the whole time. Didn't see a single frown!

Room Tip: Mt room overlooking the pool was lovely and quiet :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Mrsgaz:
Thank you for taking the time to share your on-line review. It was great to hear that you had a good experience at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. I can truly say that Team Sheraton has a genuine concern for each and every guest that enters our door. That is what we at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel are all about; exceeding our guest’s expectation through excellent service, cleanliness of our rooms and a friendly staff that are always willing to go that extra mile. Our Lobby Bar offers a large selection of the finest North Carolina Craft Beers. I will be sure to share your review with the Executive Chef regarding day 2 meal. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your business and hope that you will visit our hotel in the future.
SIHCC

Been to Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!