“just ok this time” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 67 Hotels in Durham
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“just ok this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have stayed here several times before but this time my room wasn't the best. The lobby is nice and the rooms are a good size and comfortable but the toilet in my room was not mounted to the floor properly and it wobbled. Because of this the bathroom had a smell of sewage. Also the room service food was not too great this time. I had a dry chicken sandwich that I did not finish and for breakfast the hash browns were covered in some sort of tomato sauce that was off putting. Other than that the hotel is simple and comfortable for a short visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Z;
We regret very much that you were not fully satisfied by your experience at our hotel. We certainly will do a thorough inspection and review of the room in question and make sure it is up to our high standards for guest comfort and quality. We encourage you in the future to contact our Guest Services when you have an issue and we will do our best to make it right immediately! Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel and we hope you'll come back when you are in our area again.

SIHCC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My stay at the Sheraton Imperial was for a short night between flights. It was dark when we arrived and still dark when we departed early the next morning. Given this situation, the check in and check out were quick and efficient. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice and hot. The in-room coffee was Starbucks with a small bottle of water included for free. The free airport shuttle was quick. For my needs on this stay, the hotel made me very happy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear jjb415,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel on Trip Advisor. Sheraton Imperial Hotel has a great location in the very heart of Research Triangle Park and very close to the airport. We try very hard to meet each guest's expectations, and we're very glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a conference that was hosted inside the hotel. (Sally Clarkson's Momheart conference) I was very happy with my overall experience. Friendly Staff, clean comfy rooms, close to restaurants. The only things that were a (small) frustration was the wifi and the numerous flyers in the room. There were a ton of notices in my room making me feel like I was on a scavenger hunt to get all of the information. Wifi changed from lobby to room as expected but there was no signal in the conference room and I constantly had to log in again.

Overall, great experience. I would definitley stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear QueenofdaBluez;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online about your overall experience at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel. I have taken note of your comments and will share them with the Team. Thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here three days for a conference. Nice conference facility. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It is an older hotel, but they have done a pretty good job with updates. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear LC_968;

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our most recent update we remodeled our guest bathrooms. Most guests find our location a welcome change from the asphalt and concrete of typical airport hotels. Our park-like setting, convenient to RTP, RDU, universities and corporate campuses, is a refreshing change for business and leisure travelers. We hope you'll be back soon!

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here on business for one night. When I went to workout in the morning, I was told that the "fitness Center" sign pointing outside actually leads to an adjacent business wherein you are charged $7.00 to workout. Seriously? More than ample space for convention space but they can't build a room and add some workout equipment??? Aside from that, the rooms (on the 8th floor at least) are noisy, the doors slam when closing, and don't even try and sleep in as housekeeping is knocking on doors and announcing themselves at 8am on the dot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SIHCC, Customer Service Manager at Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear glbltrvlr989:

Thank you for sharing your experience. The Fitness Center is a full service Athletic Club with swimming pool, racquetball, basketball and 75 individual stations of fitness equipment. It is operated by Fitness Connection. The $7.00 fee is discounted for our guests from the normal $20.00 fee. We apologize that this option did not meet your needs. In addition, we will work with our Housekeeping staff to better control noise on the guest room floors.

Kinston, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My overall experience was very good. I spent three days/two nights here for a conference. The hotel is in an ideal location if you are traveling for business, yet there is not a lot around in the immediate area to walk to explore.

Room Tip: The hotel is great for meetings and events. It has a nice bar, restaurant and Starbucks; however th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was by fluke (or rather foul weather) that I ended up staying in this hotel last Friday night. I live within 45 mins of this hotel and convention center. I was registered to attend a conference there on Friday night and Saturday. An ice storm hit the town so I made reservations to stay. I was pleasantly surprised for the high quality room that I got for the cost. It was very clean and updated with beautiful decor. The staff at the bell service and front desk were very friendly. The food served at the conference was delicious. I will not turn down a chance to stay at this hotel again even though it is fairly close to my home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Imperial Hotel and Convention Center? Share your experiences!