“continental breakfast was abominable” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Dunn

You added Quality Inn Dunn to your Saves list
Quality Inn Dunn
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   1011 East Cumberland Street, Interstate Highway 95 & US Highway 421 (Exit 73), Dunn, NC 28334   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Dunn
Florida
“continental breakfast was abominable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Location was good, room was pretty clean. price was OK
However the breakfast was in a dirty dark old dining room, we were not given silverware, napkins,yogurt was served in a bowl, milk for coffee in a glass, jelly served in a bowl, no covers on anything. The server??continually scratched her head, not a typical Quality Inn
breadfast.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Perth, ON Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

We stayed there one night. The claim was that it was newly renovated. Attractive lobby. Quality of the room was far below Quality standards. The reception area was impressive but that is where everything ran off the rails. The room has some creapy crawlers. In the morning the breakfast was a disaster.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
ottawa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

Sketchy room at back of hotel, used soaps/shampoo in bathroom placed back on the trays for us to use! Dirty beds, crayon all over walls and bathtub, mold in bathtub, the little complimentary paper pad and pen was covered in something sticky and orange/red. We missed the continental breakfast by less than 5 minutes (ends 9am were there before 9:05) made the mistake of agreeing to be the only people in the "dining area" to have a breakfast made for us. Should have wondered why no one else was eating....the cook was vacuming the empty dining area, including directly under our table while she went back and forth cooking our food (I must say, floors were very clean, but thats about it). Cloth napkins were VERY dirty, clearly pre-used and folded back up. To start with we ordered orange juices, apple juices and coffee: not a single fruit or coffee bean found anywhere, we got Tang, powdered apple juice and either week old coffee or old instant coffee? Couldn't drink any off it anyway. Kids were hungry waiting for their food. I went to use the bathroom while we waited: so dirty I decided to wait until we were on the road to go (floors were clean but nothing else was, there was a very large garbage can in the bathroom that was overflowing with paper towels, there were no paper towels in the holder, no soap, no toilet paper in any stall which suggested to me that no one had cared to clean/attened to the bathroom for a very long time, and that the staff might not be using toilet paper or soap). Then our food came out: we paid for it and left without eating it because we were too worried about food poisoning after witnessing a digusting bathroom next to the imagined digusting kitchen . The eggs were raw and covered in a black chunky slime probably from the frying pan never been cleaned? Had to explain to the kids that after waiting half an hour we had to now leave and find something else to eat. Somehow Tang and eggs came to over $30, seemed very expensive on top of being charged $70 for the room?
Will never stay at a Quality Inn again, we are new to travelling, but this seemed like a pretty bad experience compared to the six other similar priced hotels we stayed at this year and loved.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We were traveling and stopped here because we were tired of driving about 9 pm on a Sat. night. Big mistake. No wonder they had rooms left. Our lower level room had an overpowering smell of mildew. I immediately went back to the front desk to get a refund. The young lady at the front desk was very nice and quickly we were on our way. Still 30 minutes were wasted and we continued to drive to a Hampton Inn that had rooms, another 30 miles away.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

2 story, all exterior, no elevator. Check in was OK; when I requested a ground floor room the clerk told me that the only ground floor rooms left would be at a higher rate than my reservation. Reminded her that I was Diamond level with Choice Privileges (frequent stay program) and that one of my benefits is a complimentary upgrade. She gave me a ground floor room with my original rate, but said she might have to talk with the manager about it. Couldn't tell if she was kidding or not! Suspect the manager is probably her husband and told her if he had a problem with it he could talk to me. Otherwise, she was very friendly. Due to the type of room I wanted, it was on the back side of the hotel. Front side looks pretty good, back side could use some work. Grass needed cutting, pool area pretty shabby although they were in the process of re-painting the pool. Room was clean and in good condition. Typical amenities. Wi-Fi worked well with a good signal. Good TV reception with a decent channel lineup. Bed and pillows were comfortable, plenty of hot water and good pressure in the shower. Got down to the breakfast area about 20 minutes before it closed. Breakfast room was quite warm and muggy, not much left to eat either. Decided to pass on breakfast and get something on the road. Overall, if you just need a place to
lay your head for the night at a decent rate, this place will work just fine.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Norwich,Ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

We were heading to florida from Connecticut-needed somewhere to stay off 95 so that we could get an early start in the morning.I did some figuring and was going to try Fayetteville,NC-my husband had been driving for 10 hours and we were both ready to stop-so-we had resevations and with my AARP card we thought this looked okay-Were we wrong.The refrigeator didn't keep things cold-the Micro didn't work-the smell in the place was so bad we went and got lysol spray and sprayed the heck out of it.The linens appeared to be clean-and had no issues with bugs-but again We were soooo tired that we just wanted to eat and sleep.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Mount Airy, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2008

I have stayed here many times over the last 3 years and have seen it go down hill ever since. The last few times I stayed there I had bumbs to come out of nowhere in the parking lot asking for money. Not just hungry homeless but drunks and crackheads, This happened the last 3 times in a row that I stayed there. I even had one to follow me to my room door and kept on harassing me for money. Had to drop my bags and show my pistol to get him to leave. If not ,Im almost sure I would have been robbed that night..as he had seen I was carrying money bags from my vehicle which on the west side of the hotel it is a pretty good walk from the parking lot to the rooms. I haven't stayed here in a few months since then and do not have any plans to do so in the future. I have noticed that they have changed their name to the Dunn Hotel. It is just off exit 73 from interstate 95. I dont' know if Ramada just pulled their name or what happened but the last time I passed by they also have a bar which is just asking for trouble.

• Liked — Location to next days work.
  • Disliked — Drunks and crackheads harassing for money in the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Quality Inn Dunn? Share your experiences!