“unsafe location, horrible rooms and unfriendly employees.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dunn
Royal Inn
You added Royal Inn to your Saves list
603 Spring Branch Road, Dunn, NC 28334   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Dunn
Crestview, Florida
“unsafe location, horrible rooms and unfriendly employees.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

They had a bar besides the lobby, one night I heard I lot of people talking at the same time about 2 a.m about 10 min after a heard 5 gun shots then people screaming, 30 min after police gets there ambulance. the hotel stuff did not say a word about what had happend the night before. we had to go to the local news by internet to find out that a young 25 year old African American men had been kill in fron of Royal Inn lobby. my husband had to go back to the same job we stopped there stay a night in a horrible room the heater did not work. I ask if they can give me another room. the lobby emplyee say That was not possible because the maintenance man check the heater and said the air was working good. belive me it wasnt the day after I ask again to be change to another room, the lobby employee say ''Ma'am Why if you want a better room dont just go to another hotel'' he said it in the rude way I almost cry when I call my husband to tell him what had happend I check out and went to a much better hotel next exit same price with hot breakfast every day and friendly employees.

Room Tip: horrible experience!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mount Airy, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

They have changed the name here to Royal Inn . I have stayed here before and gave an ok reveiw aprox 2 years ago. PLEASE DISREGARD THAT OK REVIEW .... We stayed here again in Oct of 2010. It was unbeliviable how bad this place has gone down hill. They now have a late night bar and lounge open which kept the loud boom boom of music going until after 2am. I looked at their website which showed very nice rooms.?? This is some very false advertisement .. I don't know where they got those pictures but it wasn't from room 108. We got there pretty late after driving all day and found a pretty bad looking room with drawings on the wall and no remote for the tv and only 1 bath towel and no wash clothes. No trash can in the room and upon opening the dressor drawer to un pack a luggage bag we found it with old papers from what looked to be where someone had been living here as a residence and used the dressor for a trash can.
I went to the office and got more linens and told them about the walls and no tv remote
They were like O well. and said they would send someone to bring us a remote for the tv which never happend. My co-worker is still scratching a few days later from either bed bug or chigger bites. We found one dead roach and killed another one the next morning in the bathroom. The smoke detector was covered with what looked to be a plastic bag.
JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURES SEE FOR YOURSELF.
If you don't like filth,and loud music while you're trying to sleep, Just go somewhere else and spend an extra 20 dollars.
I stay alot in motels in my line of work . I now rate this Royal Inn as one of the worst.
The worst part is that management doesn't seem to care. It seems very obvious that they care more about the bar then the motel business.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
RoyalMgr, Owner at Royal Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
In July 2008 we had given the the current manager of Quality Inn and Highyway Inn in Dunn the opportunity to run and lease our motel. He was a local resident of Dunn who had been in the hospitality industry for two decades. We have now taken over the hands-on management of the property since 2014 and the previous lease was terminated. I am disappointed with the condition the rooms were in when we took the property back over from the leasee who we had intrusted with the up-keeping of the rooms, buildings, and business at Royal Inn. Since then we have worked with many contractors and personnel to bring the Royal Inn back to the high standards we expected our employees and management team to maintain the integrity of the business we had implemented back in 2002. I am sure their is noticeable difference in the experience our guests have now from when you last visited the property. Please email our Hospitality Mgr, Shirley at royalinnofdunn@gmail.com for a voucher for a future stay. Thank you and we look forward to meeting you soon.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Unfortunately, my experience at this inn was not a good one. It is in agreement with all the other negative reviews - the bugs, the old sheets, stained bedding, etc.

My husband and I had a long drive (18 hours) to visit family in NY and decided to find a place to stay overnight. It seems that once settled in, I realized a BEDBUG crawling right by my shoulder. Needless to say - DISTURBING!

We immediately decided to leave and of course, expect our money back due to the inappropriate bedding and excessive bugs soon after finding the first one. THEY DID NOT GIVE US OUR REFUND!

To be sure, I took the bug and put in a ziplock bag to make sure I could prove what I on found in the room and on the bed. I just really needed to leave this place as soon as could. I still plan on retrieving my money, because it is COMPLETELY UNREASONABLE to not refund us with only having spent 10 minutes in the room before finding these bugs.

DO ANYTHING YOU CAN TO FIND ANOTHER PLACE BEFORE YOU STAY HERE, OR YOU"LL WANT TO SLEEP STANDING UP!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2009

This place was the disgusting. Never seen anything like this!! Never has been dusted. The vents on the air/heat had no lie inches of dust on them. Bathroom moldy,broken tile, dirty. The room smelled like stale smoke. Sheets didn't match and had spot of blood on them. Never vacuumed. Tha manager is liar. Said he mailed my refund out a month ago. Never did!!! Can't understand what he says I guess he hits happy hour a little earlier then most. You should see the cleaning crew. Looks like they grab the bums up to make a few extra bucks! Towels were few and one little bar of soap. Stayed three hours and left as soon as I woke up to see the disgust!! The guy next door laughed when I told him how gross it was and just shook his head. So everyone knows!! What ever you do DO NOT STOP HERE keep going. If nothing available sleep in your car!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

This place needs to shut down by the county health department. The owners are not running a motel. It's not clean, there was no soap, and no trash can to throw away trash. This place makes a flop house look like Trump Towers. Spend a few extra bucks and go with a Courtyard or similar property. After getting bit by bed bugs, I will not stop through this place when I hit the road next time

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
conn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

This room was so disgusting I left after 15 mins and went and slept at a rest stop in my car.
1. Pealing wallpaper
2. holes in wall
3. toilet plugged up
4. smelled
5 rings on nightstand ( semi fresh)
6. shower plugged
7. Very loud music from integral bar
8 bedbugs - yuch

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

Customer Service? What customer servic?. My family and I had to be moved three different times before we got a room that was terrible at best. The lady at the registration desk was nasty and refused to assist us. I'm still waiting on the manager to contact me about a solution to my issue. I've decided to send a letter to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Inn? Share your experiences!