“It was a very good trip except that I stopped at a local...” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1125 E Broad St, Dunn, NC 28334 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Special Rate
Holiday Special
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dunn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Woodbridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was glad to find a place that takes pets but the chairs were so stained I could not sit on them and the carpet needed a steam clean. The noise level was good and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

When we first pulled up it didn't look bad. We went into the lobby got two rooms. The lobby was clean enough. We proceeded to walk to our rooms. There was a bunch of people hanging outside several rooms with doors wide open, drinking alcohol. As we walked buy them they started to follow us toward our rooms and kept going past our room when we walked in. I was with my mother, sister and 3 children so we were a prime target. I went back out to my car and noticed that a couple of the guys have been pacing back in fourth in front of our rooms and were also pacing in the parking lot looking in car windows. You could clearly tell that their were several rift raft, for a lack of a better word, living at this hotel. I told my mom to lock her room up real tight. I then went in my room with my two young children. The room was very cold and smelled real bad. I cant explain the odor. I turned off the ac and at that point it started to smell like some thing was on fire in the ac unit. I then sat on the bed and pulled back the blanket only to find urine stains all over the bedding and several skid marks also on the bedding. You could tell that the bedding had not been washed in a very long time. I jumped off the bed and went to get my mother. We went back to lobby asked for a refund and explained why. She offered to show us another room but we explained to the lady that the hotel was disgusting and we were scared and didn't feel safe. She was nice enough and refunded us our money but did not seem shocked at all. Actually she acted like this happens daily and new the rooms where dirty. We could not get out of there quick enough. We travelled a few more exits down and stayed somewhere else. As we were travelling I noticed that I had gained several bites on me. Staying in a out house in the middle of the woods would have been cleaner. I cant not believe that wyndham would put their name on this hotel and should be ashamed. The pictures look nothing like the hotel The health dept. needs to shut them down. The room was not cheap at 64.99 a room. I payed the same at the hotel a few stops down and it was far better than this.

Room Tip: Keep all valuables with you and carry protection. You will need it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Dunn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Dunn

Address: 1125 E Broad St, Dunn, NC 28334 (Formerly Econo Lodge)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Dunn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Dunn
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Dunn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Dunn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Dunn Super Eight
Dunn Super 8
Super Eight Dunn

If you own or manage Super 8 Dunn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.