“Excellent every time” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blue Point is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: Continental, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cook Drive
Description: To see our menus: www.thebluepoint.com. A fresh approach to regional, coastal cuisine and southern hospitality alongside spectacular views of the Currituck Sound. Inspired dinner and lunch menus served in a warm and inviting atmosphere by a professional and natural staff. Exceptional and friendly Wine Menu + Full Bar complimenting both lunch and dinner menus. No better place for good food, good wine, good friends and spectacular sunsets.
“Excellent every time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Upscale casual with great service and better food. We eat here at least twice a year and we are nerve disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Really Good Stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Most every restaurant towards Corolla was closed, since it is the off-season. My family and I were puzzled where to go to dinner following a Wild Horse Adventure Tour. We asked our tour guide "Where can we eat?" and he told us that the Blue Point was the place to go. We made a reservation for later that evening and drove on over to Duck. The place was nice. The waiters were friendly, knew the menu really well too. I ordered the Pork Chop, so delicious and thick...I wish I had taken a picture...it was so good. I would definitely recommend. Alongside the chop, they had a macaroni and cheese that was, as expected, great. The best meal i have had in a long time. All in all, a great place, much more that your standard "chain" restaurant. I loved the presentation of the food, almost like a piece of art, again, I wish I had taken a picture. My friends, you need to stop by this place, absolutely great, in my opinion you should order the pork chop...but I am sure all of their food is superb...just call for a reservation so you can get in at a good hour... IT IS GREAT FOOD!

Visited March 2013
West Virginia
“Not the most kid friendly - more of a date night/lunch place!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visit Duck with our family so we are often in need of a place to eat with kid friendly options. My husband and I went to Blue Point for lunch at the end of a shopping trip at the nearby shops. Our 2 kids are very well behaved in restaurants, but I felt like they were almost not welcome in this restaurant. I do not remember a kids menu and the waiter told us he didn't know what he could serve them. Normally a waiter at a restaurant that does not have children's options would tell us he/she could grab us a side of steamed broccoli or fries or simple pasta etc...

Positives - our view was amazing of the sound. Our meal was great. (small portions for the price) My bowl of soup was more of a "cup" size.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, North Carolina
“Top ten anywhere?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Could be! The Blue Point never disappoints, and somehow continues to improve on an already wonderful experience. Making decisions is always so difficult. There soups are always imaginative and tasty, and their appetizers unbelievable. They do great things with pork, and local fish. The service is excellent and attentive. Drinks are great. If there is one area that could improve, it's the wine list, more creative choices in the $40-50 range would be nice. Magnificent views of the sound and sunsets. Yes, it can get crazy and hectic in peak season, but they do a great job of accommodating. It is pricey, but worth every penny. My wife and Imgo at least 12 times per year. For couples, don't be afraid of eating at the bar if you can't get a table. It is still a great experience.

Hutchinson, Minnesota
“Great Spot on a Rainy Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped in for lunch in early March, with few people around and in a rainstorm. The spot itself is charming and fun, and the food was exceptional. The service was just right - attentive, but not over zealous. The 3 of us had the shrimp and grits, catfish and sandwich of-the-day. They were all absolutely terrific. Not necessarily inexpensive, but not overpriced when you look at the quality of the food and the experience.

Highly recommended.