We were a little leery of this hotel after reading the reviews on RCI and Trip Advisor about out-datedness and cleanliness. We were pleasantly surprised. Stayed in an RCI rental in the 400 building (3 br). and was pleased with the spaciousness and cleanliness of the rental. True to some of the reviews, it is dated, but our unit at least was well-kept. There were certain spots of aging that just come with beach properties (such as a little more mold buildup in bathrooms and carpets that feel perpetually sandy). If you want a luxury resort, this is not the place for you - but for the price and if you want a very relaxed, quaint beach-charming experience, this was a perfect choice. We met many returnees to BIS who did not seem to have any complaints. Beach front was great, and access to Duck was key. Pool was well-kept and thoroughly enjoyable. Only complaint - no screens in the windows...we were there in early June and it was nice to have the windows open, but meant letting in the bugs.
- Also Known As:
- Barrier Island Station - Duck Hotel Duck
- Barrier Island Station - Duck Hotel
- Barrier Island Station Duck
- Barrier Island Station Duck Nc
- Barrier Island Station - Duck NC - Outer Banks
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Barrier Island Station - Duck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.