“Missed The Mark” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Missed The Mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The wine cellar is impressive and one can find the perfect wine to pair with food. The mussels in a saffron butter broth were tasty but cold. The pecan crusted Vidalia Onion torte with goat cheese was good. The grilled New Zealand Lamb rack with a Pinot Noir barrel made molasses reduction sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and sautéed vegetables was cooked perfectly and the sauce delicious. The caramelized salmon, shrimp, and mussels with a lemon zest butter, Romano risotto, and roasted vegetables was well presented but the shrimp were tasteless, the mussels cold, and the crust on the salmon too spicy. Pot de Creme for dessert was delicious - the truffle just so so. Once again, I would like to love this restaurant, but it needs some tweaking. It was an uneven experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Southern Shores, North Carolina
“OLD SCHOOL EXCELLENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

If award-winning wines paired with great food and served by what can honestly be described as the best-of-the best waitstaff is important to you, and if fine crystal, a fireplace, tranquility, and wine knowledge is important to you, and if old school charm is important to you then you deserve to treat yourself to an unhurried 2 hour dining experience you will not soon forget.

Hey guys - got a "special" coming up? My advise, take her here!

• Visited June 2013
Bowie, Maryland
“Perfect wine-paired dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

What a way to celebrate an anniversary! Elizabeth's is a delightful treat! We enjoy the multi-course, wine-paired dinner every year for our anniversary, and this year was just as wonderful as all the years in the past. The cuisine is excellent - every morsel is delicious. And the wine pairings are perfect - it is so fun to try the different wines. As always, the service is impeccable, from Alice the hostess to the very experienced wait staff. And considering all the food and wine we enjoyed, the price was quite fair!

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Elizabeths in Duck – a very special dining experience in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Passing through Duck, I spotting the sign for Elizabeths (recommended to us by a fellow foodie). I was seized by the desire to stop for a glass of wine (and a peek at the menu). I had no idea how delightful, delicious and special this evening was going to be.
Following another couple in the gallery door (wrong door) we inquired if we could get a glass of wine. Executive Chef Brad Price pleasantly told us that although they were not yet open, Alice would be happy to accommodate us. As I passed through the restaurant, I realized were not really dressed appropriately (jeans and hiking boots), yet this made no difference in the service we received, nor in the attitude of the staff.

Alice pleasantly served us some wine and gave us some tips about the area. While we were contemplating our dinner move (Elizabeths didn’t open for an hour and we were underdressed), Leonard the owner, on his way to run an errand, struck up a conversation. Leonard is extremely personable, delightful, joyous, and a totally entertaining person to converse with! Upon hearing that I was disappointed to have missed the wine and duck festival in Duck, Leonard advised his duck would be the best, and we should consider staying for dinner. Oh my, the promise of perfect duck!

We stayed and OMG what a fabulous meal complete with awesome service. Executive Chef Brad Price is a superb Chef (an artist actually) and he is also an accomplished painter, whose work is on display in the gallery.

We started with the seared scallop in a Chardonnay pear sauce. I love pears and the sauce was the perfect complement to exquisitely cooked scallops. I had the roasted half duck with bing cherry merlot sauce. The duck was absolutely superb, moist, flavorful and the bing cherry sauce was to die for. My husband had the grilled Tenderloin Medallion served with French Courvoisier cognac porcini mushroom sauce, accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes with caramelized onions. The beef was very, very tender and flavorful. The Cognac Porcini sauce so delicious I kept requesting bites of the beef, just get the sauce. The mashed with caramelized onions were a wonderful compliment.

And just when we thought it couldn’t get any better we had dessert. I had a pot de crema (at least I think that was the name), a pot of chocolate heaven (kind like mouse but way better). It was so fantastic that I have trouble describing it adequately. My husband had a pineapple cobbler that was no ordinary cobbler. It was a totally unique. His description was although not cake like the flavor was “a pineapple upside down cake on steroids”. What an amazing dining experience. Everything from the food, to the wine to the service was totally perfect. This made our last evening in OBX very special!

• Visited May 2013
Winston-Salem, NC
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I go to Elizabeth's every time I go to the Outer Banks. I don't think I would ever consider the trip complete without it. It is not cheap by any means, but irt is worth every penny. I consider it a dining experience more than a meal. This trip was as wonderful as ever. Alice the hostess remembered us as always. Leonard the proprietor cam by and spoke to us, and Brad the chef came to our table after the meal. Deborah our waitress was very knowledgeable about the wines and servce was prefect. In fact, the entire experience was perfect. I could not have asked for anything to be any better!

• Visited October 2012