“Horrible Dinner” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Duck, North Carolina
“Horrible Dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The food was horrid and too many drunk people at the bar. I ordered a dish with mango salsa and neither mango or salsa was on the plate. My wife's order was inedible.It is almost seemed like the drunk people may have been cooking. This is the first review I have ever posted, but I felt compelled to let folks know that I have never had a worst experience or meal.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Md.
“Speed needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My daughter and I were very hungry and stopped here to eat for the first time. My wife was with us also but had to stay outside because the restaurant didn't have anything gluten free to offer. The overall food was average but the fries were very good. Because I am low carb I asked for a burger with no by and served on lettuce. I also asked for no onion. After waiting for a very long time for our meal, both onion and bun came with my burger. My daughter ordered calamari and a wrap as well and the meal was $45.
Our waitress Elena was very good at keeping drinks refilled which is very important to me. Overall this experience was average and I doubt that we'll return.

Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“One of our favorites in the OBX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We always make a stop at Fishbones in Duck when visiting the OBX. We went for lunch this time and were pleased that there was no wait. We had excellent service and all 5 of us enjoyed our meals very much, their tuna fish was one of the best sandwiches I've had! Reasonable prices.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
pittsburgh
“Off my list”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stopped in for lunch on a wed. Place wasnt all that busy. Issue 1 : update your beer list. Attempted to order 3 beers off of the drink menu and waitress reply was we dont have that for each one. Followed by this is an old menu. Bad start. Placed the food order and the service was SLOW and food took forever to arrive.. Ultimate fish sandwich was ok with the potential to be really good , but the fish was fried dark on the outside and warm to almost cool in the middle. Side note : adding chipotle spice to tartar sauce does not constitute an aoli. Wifes crab cake sandwich was again fried dark brown and appeared to have come right out of a box of frozen food , it was garbage. Steamed crablegs came out cold and had to be reheated. That took another 15 - 20 minutes. We were done with our food before they got back. Thr conch chowder was good , had a hint of bbq sauce added to it I think. Crab and corn chowder was good but thin. And once again may I add that the service was sub par. Fishbones , you lost about $100 in merchandise sales due to our poor experience. Unless they change for the better we will not be back anytime soon.

“Happy Party of 13!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Our huge family met at Fishbones at 6:30 on a Monday night while on vacation. With all the hub-bub of just getting everyone there and the kiddos (four age 10 or less) being exhausted, it was a great night. We left very happy. Only one meal - the shrimp scampi tasted funky. We suspect artificial butter. Everything else was very well done. Several had the magi special. It was excellent - grilled with a citrus glaze. The crap cakes were good. For me personally, I was so pleased with the vegetable side. It was real veggies! Yummy broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, red peppers - really nice. BTW: the staff arranged tables for our party quickly and we were seated right away. Nice night.