“Very nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dillsboro
Charlotte, NC
“Very nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

This is a very nice motel (it is also new). The room was very clean. The bed was triple sheeted and very comfortable. The continental breakfast was also very good. This is a very good place to stay.

• Liked — Very clean and new
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cedartown, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2007

All in all, we had a nice stay. I didn't realize that most of the town shuts down in the winter, and it snowed, so what should have been open was not. So we spent ALOT of time at the hotel. The staff is extremely friendly, and the coffee in the lobby is always fresh. We used the indoor pool and jacuzzi several times, and they have a nice view of the mountains through a wall of windows.

I was disappointed in the "Mountain View" room. We had a view of the side of a hill with several single-wide mobile homes. The trees have grown up since the photos of the hotel were taken, so even the rooms on the other side don't have a great view.

The bedding was not nearly as nice as some of the other HI Express that I have stayed at recently. They have not upgraded to the premium "Soft" and "Firm" pillows, pinstriped soft coverlet, and large fleece blanket. Instead, it is the standard hotel comforter and the pillows were soft, but lumpy.

But I would most definately stay again. And the town is really cute - be sure to visit the Chocolate Factory. It was the only store open when we were there, and absolutely worth the money we spent!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Bedding was just okay
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2006

My wife and I, along with our daughter, son-in-law and our grandson, decided to do something a little different for this Thanksgiving, especially since my son-in-law and I are healthcare professionals and each of us had a rare five days off in a row together. So we wanted to do something special. But we didn't want to face the crowds at the airports. So we decided to take a trip to western North Carolina. We choose the Holiday Inn Express at Dillsboro and are absolutely glad we did!! From the moment we were checking in and getting our two king bed, jacuzzi rooms, the customer service we received never ceased to amaze us. The rooms were very clean, every staff member we dealt with was friendly and helpful, and the hotel was ideally suited for the quiet, relaxing weekend we had hoped for. We started each morning with a very good breakfast which included some of the best warm cinnamon rolls I've had and each day ended with a relaxing swim. The indoor heated pool and hot tub were extremely relaxing and were used by us extensively during our stay. The hotel was located on the quiet side of the Smokies, yet just an hour away from Gatlinburg and only about 10 minutes away from Cherokee, NC. We were impressed with Dillsboro and must say there are some nice restaraunts found nearby. Would we stay here again? We certainly would--without a doubt!! Our special thanks go out to Cyndi, Noell, and all the rest of the staff for making our stay so wonderful!

George & Carol
Dayton, Ohio

Stayed November 2006
waterlooville uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2006

Stayed here for 3 nights (1-3 Oct) and used it as a base for touring the Smokies. Easy to find, just off the highway and only a 2 minute drive to Dillsboro, which is one of the sweetest little towns I've seen. It's also where the Smoky Mountain Railroad departs.

We arrived 3 hours early and were greeted by a polite receptionist who advised our room was ready and allowed us to check in straight away. We had a corner room with 2 enormous windows and nice views. (Also had fridge and microwave). Hotel also gets my award for the fluffiest towels ever!

The whole place was spotlessly clean, and even boasts an indoor pool and jacuzzi. The 'express start' breakfast was included in the room rate and was a great way to start the day.

All this for $99 per night including tax was amazingly good value.

If ever I am in the area again I will definitely stay here.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Huntsville, AL.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2006

My wife spent two nights at this hotel and enjoyed our stay. The town of Dillsboro is a two minute drive away. We were in town to catch the Great Smokey Railroad train ride from Dillsboro to Bryson City, N.C. We both recommend the train ride for the entire family(catch a ride in an open car if the weather's nice). We also recommend eating at the Dillsboro Smokhouse in the downtown area. Drive down the road to Sylva for more food and shopping choices. The morning breakfast is good, as are the cinnamon rolls. We would stay here again. The hotel is right off the highway so I don't understand why a previous reviewer claimed they had a hard time finding the place.

Stayed September 2006
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

I booked the Holiday Inn Express in Dillsboro, NC., I book according to the picture on there website. Our room was great I had booked the double queen suite. It was huge. It had a small kitchen with a sink. They had a sofa that made into a queen bed, nice chair and 2 queen beds. The afternoon we arrived they had drinks and snacks in the breakfast area. The breakfast the next morning was excellent. The cinnamon rolls are to die for. They are close to Cherokee, NC., Indian reservation and to Harrah's Casino. You are also close to Great Smoky Mountain Railway. I would suggest this hotel to anyone. While we were checking in there where 2 busses of teenagers checking in. They were staying on our floor, I thought that it would be nosie but it was very quiet.

Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

We recently stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Dillsboro, NC and our stay was quite awful and that is being generous. Upon checking into our room we noticed that the sheets on our beds were not changed because we found small blood stains on them. We had decided to bring some drinks with us to put in the fridge and when my wife opened the fridge she descovered left over food from the last guest that stayed there. Hoping things would get better I started to look for the remote to the TV and when I started searching in the night stand drawer I uncovered a used condom.., whoow!! My wife was so upset at this point that it made me very angry. I decided to talk to the General Manager by this point and when I went to the front office I was told that he normally does not come to work until after 1p.m and I should speak to the Executive Housekeeper Stephaine. When I brought this to her attention she angrily turned around and walked off before making a comment that we were just looking for a discount on our room. What kind of staff was this??? We did not care for a discount because all we wanted was a nice clean room and this was not what we recieved. A few hours later I went back to the front office to speak to the General Manager Rick and when I told him our room, he did not care less about our problems. We did not come here to stay in such a nasty place but we did...,

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dillsboro? Share your experiences!