“I Would Recommend Staying Here” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dillsboro
GreenLeadersGold level
Hickory, North Carolina
“I Would Recommend Staying Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My Daughter Attends Western Carolina University And We Have Stayed Here Numerous Times.
Hotel Staff Are Always Friendly And Pleasant -Rooms Are Clean And Comfortable-Continental Breakfast Is Very Accommodating And Fulfilling
I Would Recommend Staying On The Riverside The View Is Worth It !!!

Room Tip: I Would Recommend Staying On The Riverside The View Is Worth It !!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

On a ski trip to NC we stayed here for 3 nights and fell in love! Front desk staff was great, location was quaint and hotel was super clean.

Stay here if you get the chance, and opt for the rooms overlooking the river with balconies!

• Stayed February 2013
bwriverescape, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your ski trip and stay with us here in Dillsboro. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment our staff and location by the Tuckasegee River. Come back and see us!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the River Escape in Dillsboro, NC for one night. The room was pretty spacious and the bathroom was typical. The bed was not great. It was a queen bed and tried to dump us into the middle of the bed. It just was not a comfortable mattress. There was a breakfast included. If it was billed as continental - it would have been pretty good. I had hot chocolate, cereal and yogurt, all fine. My husband went for the hot breakfast. The eggs were awful - obviously plastic wrapped and reheated in a microwave. The bacon was OK. We were there on a Groupon so we didn't pay a lot for the room. If I had paid full price (or even half price) I would have been very unhappy.

Room Tip: Although there is a queen bed and a pull out couch, they are both in the same room. You could fit f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us more. As I'm sure you can tell from other reviews your experience is not typical for us. I'm sorry that the bed was not more comfortable for you and that your husband did not enjoy our hot items at breakfast.

For other travelers reading this review I did want to point out our breakfast offerings, which do exceed a normal continental breakfast. We have four different kinds of muffins, fruit, yogurt, bagels, various types of bread, Pillsbury biscuits, Jimmy Dean sausage or bacon, egg patties, gravy, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal (several flavors), grits, and several cereals. We do have a few things I did not mention along with several toppings and jams.

Our goal here at our property is to exceed expectations. I hate that we missed the mark with you. I hope you will consider coming back and seeing us again in the future and offer us another opportunity to serve you.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites

Address: 248 WBI Drive, Dillsboro, NC 28725
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Smoky Mountains > Jackson County > Dillsboro
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dillsboro
Hotel Class:3.5 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn And Suites
Best Western Plus River Escape Hotel Dillsboro
Best Western Dillsboro
Dillsboro Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.