“I Would Recommend Staying Here” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dillsboro
Hickory, North Carolina
“I Would Recommend Staying Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My Daughter Attends Western Carolina University And We Have Stayed Here Numerous Times.
Hotel Staff Are Always Friendly And Pleasant -Rooms Are Clean And Comfortable-Continental Breakfast Is Very Accommodating And Fulfilling
I Would Recommend Staying On The Riverside The View Is Worth It !!!

Room Tip: I Would Recommend Staying On The Riverside The View Is Worth It !!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Stephanie B

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

On a ski trip to NC we stayed here for 3 nights and fell in love! Front desk staff was great, location was quaint and hotel was super clean.

Stay here if you get the chance, and opt for the rooms overlooking the river with balconies!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Joe M
bwriverescape, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your ski trip and stay with us here in Dillsboro. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment our staff and location by the Tuckasegee River. Come back and see us!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the River Escape in Dillsboro, NC for one night. The room was pretty spacious and the bathroom was typical. The bed was not great. It was a queen bed and tried to dump us into the middle of the bed. It just was not a comfortable mattress. There was a breakfast included. If it was billed as continental - it would have been pretty good. I had hot chocolate, cereal and yogurt, all fine. My husband went for the hot breakfast. The eggs were awful - obviously plastic wrapped and reheated in a microwave. The bacon was OK. We were there on a Groupon so we didn't pay a lot for the room. If I had paid full price (or even half price) I would have been very unhappy.

Room Tip: Although there is a queen bed and a pull out couch, they are both in the same room. You could fit f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us more. As I'm sure you can tell from other reviews your experience is not typical for us. I'm sorry that the bed was not more comfortable for you and that your husband did not enjoy our hot items at breakfast.

For other travelers reading this review I did want to point out our breakfast offerings, which do exceed a normal continental breakfast. We have four different kinds of muffins, fruit, yogurt, bagels, various types of bread, Pillsbury biscuits, Jimmy Dean sausage or bacon, egg patties, gravy, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal (several flavors), grits, and several cereals. We do have a few things I did not mention along with several toppings and jams.

Our goal here at our property is to exceed expectations. I hate that we missed the mark with you. I hope you will consider coming back and seeing us again in the future and offer us another opportunity to serve you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dillsboro
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dillsboro
Quality Inn Sylva
#3 of 5 in Sylva
3.5 of 5 stars 35 reviews
Baymont Inn Cherokee / Smoky Mountains

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS River Escape Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!